Having 3 large squads makes it more enjoyable for every skill level, you stand a decent chance of winning even if you are terrible 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HelloDaddio said:

proper wanks

I'm strangely proud of this - assuming I was the first to drop it into the forum game chat.

Phrases often end up in British English from US TV.

Like we've finally started returning the favour 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hello, this has been something that has been discussed internally but we would need to have some rules in place to make sure that players are not accidentally breaking the ROC. I thread for custom games is fine but there are certain processes that players need to be aware of when they want to host tournaments in the EU and we need to make sure that the community understands these rules and why we have them in place.  I will see if this is possible and let everyone know.

Hi, you cannot state your stream is official or sanctioned by PUBG in any way.  You also must not use the PUBG logo or any of the PUBG branding alongside it to attract viewers.  Sorry

I have a question here - what's the definition of a tournament by EU or US standards? In other words, is @Harold Brock really hosting a tournament or is he hosting 3 consecutive custom games for players?

Also, totally understand that PUBG can't just associate with random forum people as a sanctioned event since I'm guessing there are a bunch of legal issues that could (or do) come along with that. But, if we say it's an "official PUBG forum game" I'm wondering if the context can be taken that it is really an official forum game (since, officially, it's from the forum) rather than a sanctioned PUBG event. That being said, is there language we can use that would be more conducive to maintaining that it isn't a sanctioned event but is the "real" forum event?

Thanks for working with us all on this - nice to see you guys are talking internally about it.

• Like 2

@Harold Brock I just watched your YouTube recap of the week 3 games.. Even though the games were somewhat boring with so few players.. your commentary actually made it awesome! 

Would watch again! well done. 

Just now, El_Gran_Orgo said:

@Harold Brock I just watched your YouTube recap of the week 3 games.. Even though the games were somewhat boring with so few players.. your commentary actually made it awesome! 

Would watch again! well done. 

Hey, thanks man, I appreciate that a lot. Week 4 & 5 are posted, if you’re interested. Come join us Saturday and play.

7 hours ago, LarryTheDavid said:

I have a question here - what's the definition of a tournament by EU or US standards? In other words, is @Harold Brock really hosting a tournament or is he hosting 3 consecutive custom games for players?

Also, totally understand that PUBG can't just associate with random forum people as a sanctioned event since I'm guessing there are a bunch of legal issues that could (or do) come along with that. But, if we say it's an "official PUBG forum game" I'm wondering if the context can be taken that it is really an official forum game (since, officially, it's from the forum) rather than a sanctioned PUBG event. That being said, is there language we can use that would be more conducive to maintaining that it isn't a sanctioned event but is the "real" forum event?

Thanks for working with us all on this - nice to see you guys are talking internally about it.

LOL I just thought official came cause there was another outfit on here running games. Like twitter names and a little competition

19 hours ago, Prinzar said:

I was saying how I thought you would win Erangel again because it was FPP. Saw your name in somebody’s game stats earlier in the day, so must have been just before your monitor broke. 

Think we had about 20 for Erangel and 30 for Miramar and Sanhok, but chat was very quiet 

Yeah i was warming up during the day and then i was gonna watch some movie while eating, switched the hdmi from xbox to laptop and lifted the monitor in a bad way. Didnt think much about it till i started the movie and saw that all grey/darker areas is just covered by green pixels.. Pretty frustrating to say the least

13 hours ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

LOL I just thought official came cause there was another outfit on here running games. Like twitter names and a little competition

Haha yeah - it seemed to me "official" was sort of colloquially used to say "this is the right one" rather than a PUBG sanctioned event. But I think the devs are seeing it differently which makes sense. These guys get a lot of flack though so I swear @PUBG_Andymh5 I'm not trying to be obnoxious by asking annoying technical questions. Honest curiosity.

Here's an idea for you @Harold Brock, if there is for example 30 of us playing and every one of us loads up the stream on 3 devices(or more if you can) it would take your stream up to to the top end of the list for viewers and attracting more people to watch. You could also call the stream "official forum members game" or something similar, that's not breaking the rules as there is no mention of pubg in the title. 

• Like 1

I wont be around this weekend for that I am sorry. Myself and the wife (Illusionette) will be traveling South to visit my grandmother who isn't doing well. Hope to catch the stream/vod when we get some free time. Good luck to you all been a lot of fun hopefully see you on the next one after. 

Also ideas going forward.

Random Duos/Squads instead of finding +1 or whatever here or there we should draw names and make teams.

Actually get people talking, from what I seen in Party Chat most are EU which is cool were NA. I joined the party chat and I was quiet, but to be honest when the games started I switched to game chat cause I cant multitask for nothing.

Anyways see you guys in the future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EyedDeadmanjr said:

@Harold Brock This will be the first week I can make it, finally!! What time does it start at and how many games?

Saturday June 15

2pm Los Angeles

4pm Chicago

5pm New York

10pm London

Erangel - Rain - FPP

Miramar - Sunrise - TPP

Sanhok - Overcast - TPP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Due to low turn out in our players, low viewership numbers, low demand and low popularity outside of the forums, I’m not hosting the Official PUBG Forum Games anymore. They were super fun, great memories. Maybe we can do it again, in the future. I’m sorry. I love you guys.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

Due to low turn out in our players, low viewership numbers, low demand and low popularity outside of the forums, I’m not hosting the Official PUBG Forum Games anymore. They were super fun, great memories. Maybe we can do it again, in the future. I’m sorry. I love you guys.

Noooooo

23 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

Noooo I can finally play in one this weekend.... the streams were awesome!!! and audiences take time to build.

Your casting was absolutely top notch, you will find viewers, you should try keep it up.

33 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

You're giving up too soon, Rome wasn't built in a day. The stream is good so the numbers will come , just got to try a few tricks and idea's to get the viewing numbers up which will then get it more noticed by randoms flicking through the streams

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SleepyGrumpyCat said:

Ah well, it was good while it lasted. Anyone still up for playing anyways? 

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

Cheers for the games anyway HB.

gg’s 

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Harold Brock said:

I'm going to counter each of your points here in a logical manner:

- Low turn out in our players:

A) We tripled the number of players from week 1 to week 5 despite the fact that many players are from the UK and have to schedule to American time (and do). Calling this a low turnout is a gross misrepresentation of the truth.

- Low  viewership numbers:

A) On Mixer you have 45 followers and 535 views. Not only is this far more than most people, but you got all of those by streaming 18 total games, for 9 hours, in 5 Saturdays.

B) To put this into perspective - I've streamed for 380 hours and played over 2,000 games. And what do I have to show for it? 2 followers and 160 views.

C) In this regard, you are absolutely crushing the viewership numbers game. This will only increase and your viewer numbers will only increase your notoriety.

- Low demand:

A) This is a matter of perspective; there is extremely high demand by players involved and you have an extremely high return rate - players who play once will play again. This fact screams the idea that if you get more players, they won't leave.

- Low popularity outside the forums:

A) We didn't recruit anywhere except in one topic, on one gamer forum, in one tiny corner of the web, and then asked people here to bring one friend. That's a tiny population to choose from. We need to advertise outside of the forum if you want bigger numbers, on other forums, etc.

B) We tried to get outsiders for one week only. It's very difficult to determine that there is low popularity with that small of a sample size.

You're really good at this and it seems like you have high hopes - we all appreciate your contribution to the community. But to give up after 5 days and 9 hours worth of play time would be a waste of talent in my opinion. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Edited by LarryTheDavid
  • Like 7

That's a shame, i never had the chance to play in one due to real life bollocks :(

Nooo! I was just gonna join even tho my monitornis broken 😰