Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Harold Brock said:

I want our games to continue to grow. Should we change it up for Week 6? Duo’s with forum members? Public solo’s? Continue what we have? I will do what the community wants.

Also, before Week 6, I want to have a party chat with all and conversation about who we allow play and not allow play. We can vote. 

Forum duos could be interesting but we'll obviously be down to half as many teams because of it. And the best players are going to team up so it will be a bit rough for everyone else - unless you pick the teams or somehow make it random.

What do you mean with 'public solos'? You mean just open up the remaining slots of the 100 to the public?

I don't know what you can actually change with the game settings in customs, I'll have to have a look.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ColonicBoom said:

Forum duos could be interesting but we'll obviously be down to half as many teams because of it. And the best players are going to team up so it will be a bit rough for everyone else - unless you pick the teams or somehow make it random.

I suggested using solo games to determine pairings.

Something simple, based on honest play. Top players pair with lesser to balance out.

Random also works. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harold Brock said:

I want our games to continue to grow. Should we change it up for Week 6? Duo’s with forum members? Public solo’s? Continue what we have? I will do what the community wants.

Also, before Week 6, I want to have a party chat with all and conversation about who we allow play and not allow play. We can vote. 

I think to increase turnout we need to create a new thread that's more specific that we're doing forum tournaments every weekend. Right now anyone who's not super in tune with the forum will see "GG's all around" and not really know what the thread is about and/or not realize our games are open to all on the forum.

I'd think if you posted something about it that really calls out what we're doing here we'd get some new comers and you can link to YouTube to show them how cool it is. All that's been done here in various comments but unless you read through the 20 pages you don't really get the picture or understand the date/time, when the lobby is posted, what the PW typically is, etc. newcomers could find this long thread confusing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Prinzar said:

I think we would probably only have 10-12 teams in duos. 

I personally don’t want any more +1 or public games. The experience yesterday wasn’t the same with the fragmented groups and what we witnessed too. 

We only had a few friends come along and I wouldn’t say it was worth what happened

Agree - I think it's cool playing against people who are on here because it's a fun community we've got going. 

29 minutes ago, LarryTheDavid said:

I'd think if you posted something about it that really calls out what we're doing here we'd get some new comers and you can link to YouTube to show them how cool it is.

I want to, trust me. But I can’t do that. I’ve tried before and it gets moved to “Looking for Players”.

6 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

Forum duos could be interesting

Maybe we try Duo’s this week and as you join, it places you into teams in the lobby, that is your team. No switching. We’ll see.

7 hours ago, Prinzar said:

I personally don’t want any more +1 or public games

I agree. It doesn’t work well for us, right now.

8 hours ago, EyedDeadmanjr said:

I can't wait. A random duos with forum members

I think this may be move for Week 6.

5 hours ago, pajama dad said:

Something simple, based on honest play. Top players pair with lesser to balance out.

Random also works. 

I don’t want to rank players based on skill and pair them. That’s not fair. I think random duo’s is best, if we do duo’s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LarryTheDavid said:

I think to increase turnout we need to create a new thread that's more specific that we're doing forum tournaments every weekend. Right now anyone who's not super in tune with the forum will see "GG's all around" and not really know what the thread is about and/or not realize our games are open to all on the forum.

I'd think if you posted something about it that really calls out what we're doing here we'd get some new comers and you can link to YouTube to show them how cool it is. All that's been done here in various comments but unless you read through the 20 pages you don't really get the picture or understand the date/time, when the lobby is posted, what the PW typically is, etc. newcomers could find this long thread confusing.

@Harold Brock @PUBG_Andymh5

Yeah this is a problem, what we need is a stickied post at the top of the thread for 'Forum Match-up' or similar. We can keep it in there and everyone will see it, lots of game discussion happens on the thread so it is apt for it to be here.

Andy, is this possible?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

If we want to reach out to more viewers on mixer then I would suggest artificially inflating the viewing figures in the beginning by getting everyone on here to set as many devices as we can to watching the stream before we begin, that way it will be further up the list of pubg games and more likely for people to randomly start watching it

Edited by HairMetalLarusso

Also would we be allowed to name the stream something along the lines of the official pubg forum game as it might attract viewers, would the pubg mods have a problem with that? @PUBG_Andymh5

6 minutes ago, HairMetalLarusso said:

would we be allowed to name the stream something along the lines of the official pubg forum game as it might attract viewers, would the pubg mods have a problem with that?

I would love to do this, as my channel and all of our games have been very professional, PG, and edited properly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

I would love to do this, as my channel and all of our games have been very professional, PG, and edited properly.

PG as long as you don't let us English folk talk on it 😂

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

@Harold Brock @PUBG_Andymh5

Yeah this is a problem, what we need is a stickied post at the top of the thread for 'Forum Match-up' or similar. We can keep it in there and everyone will see it, lots of game discussion happens on the thread so it is apt for it to be here.

Andy, is this possible?

Hello, this has been something that has been discussed internally but we would need to have some rules in place to make sure that players are not accidentally breaking the ROC. I thread for custom games is fine but there are certain processes that players need to be aware of when they want to host tournaments in the EU and we need to make sure that the community understands these rules and why we have them in place.  I will see if this is possible and let everyone know.

2 hours ago, HairMetalLarusso said:

Also would we be allowed to name the stream something along the lines of the official pubg forum game as it might attract viewers, would the pubg mods have a problem with that? @PUBG_Andymh5

Hi, you cannot state your stream is official or sanctioned by PUBG in any way.  You also must not use the PUBG logo or any of the PUBG branding alongside it to attract viewers.  Sorry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

Hi, you cannot state your stream is official or sanctioned by PUBG in any way.  You also must not use the PUBG logo or any of the PUBG branding alongside it to attract viewers.  Sorry

Is there anyway to say its members of the official forum, without claiming it to be an official pubg stream. More people watching it could get more members to the forum which is something you will most likely welcome

damn it! Im so vexed i missed this saturdays event.. How many players joined in this time? 

My monitor broke saturday afternoon, reason why i didnt play.. Not sure i will be able to join for the next saturday either as im broke as a joke and might not be able to get a new monitor in atleast a month :( 

1 minute ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

damn it! Im so vexed i missed this saturdays event.. How many players joined in this time? 

My monitor broke saturday afternoon, reason why i didnt play.. Not sure i will be able to join for the next saturday either as im broke as a joke and might not be able to get a new monitor in atleast a month :( 

Awww no, sad times. On the plus side it gives us normal players a chance 😅

1 hour ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

I was saying how I thought you would win Erangel again because it was FPP. Saw your name in somebody’s game stats earlier in the day, so must have been just before your monitor broke. 

Think we had about 20 for Erangel and 30 for Miramar and Sanhok, but chat was very quiet 

@Harold Brock I think my favourite thing I've played so far was the 2 team squad match we played (the one when @PUBG_Andymh5 joined us), I mean we got absolutely ruined but it was a cool way to play. That was just two squads but we could try 3 teams of 10, it's probably most suited to Sanhok though (depends how many people we have)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MajorClagNut said:

@Harold Brock I think my favourite thing I've played so far was the 2 team squad match we played (the one when @PUBG_Andymh5 joined us), I mean we got absolutely ruined but it was a cool way to play. That was just two squads but we could try 3 teams of 10, it's probably most suited to Sanhok though (depends how many people we have)

This was very fun. 

6 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

PG as long as you don't let us English folk talk on it 😂

Yeah you guys and your proper wanks and fisting 😂🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

1 hour ago, Hell-RaizeR said:

This was very fun. 

This was in @TR4KERZ games

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HelloDaddio said:

Yeah you guys and your proper wanks and fisting 😂🤣

Don’t forget the semi’s...and full masts😳 

it’s no wonder Harold won’t let you lot talk on stream😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

How is this your favourite? We were absolutely massacred

If you like teams destroying you, you should squad with me and @SleepyGrumpyCat 😂

• Haha 1