Sign in to follow this  
matthejl

Aiming slump

So currently in an aiming slump.  Hanging in there but having to go try hard and use extreme tactics to get kills.  Anyways how long do you guys slump aiming before you start changing things?

then when I feel like I am aiming decent...I still die (see video below)

I was talking to @ColonicBoom about this yesterday. We've both had some sort of strange over sensitive vibe recently. Both independently start reducing sensitivity settings.

I noticed stuff felt 'off' about two weeks ago.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I feel your pain brother! For the last two weeks or so it could easily have been me posting that video.

Yesterday, I reset all my settings to default then spent some time in the training mode to find new settings. I then went hot-dropping into busy areas to refine those settings further and virtually every sensitivity settings is lower than I previously had it - I don't know if something in the game has changed or if it's just me. Either way, I'm still not back to my best but I'm happy with my new settings and back to getting some kills again.

EDIT:

@MajorClagNut yes - just what you said above 

Edited by Dustybug
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

I was talking to @ColonicBoom about this yesterday. We've both had some sort of strange over sensitive vibe recently. Both independently start reducing sensitivity settings.

After the hotfix for me, had to do same thing and lower sens

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

Any certain scopes or across the board? 

I usually do a couple games of war mode to get my aim on point. 

• Like 1

How many times did you hit him in that video?? I counted 4 separate splatters I think. 

I’ve tried changing the sensitivity a few times, but I always end up back where I started. There’s not much you can do because if you increase sensitivity you will miss those longer shots, and if you lower it you won’t be as fast for the ones that charge you down. It’s a difficult balance

Just now, SandmaN20 said:

Initially noticed it with a 2x, I'm normally fairly comfortable with a 2 but it had started feeling all over the place. Jumping left and right of the target. This became apparent with the red dot too.

Anything else i only use single fire with really so less noticeable but still a lot more 'jerky' when sniping.

4 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

Jumping left and right of the target. This became apparent with the red dot too.

Yep.  Chicken went bad.  Last guy stepped out from behind a tree 3 yards infront of me.  I was crouched with Bizon red dot and all I gave him was a shave and haircut.

• Haha 1

Aim looked ok too me.  I find it hard to stay on target when people strafe left to right like in your video.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, matthejl said:

So currently in an aiming slump.  Hanging in there but having to go try hard and use extreme tactics to get kills.  Anyways how long do you guys slump aiming before you start changing things?

Yea I wouldn't be too concerned with the aim you showed above. A 2x probably wins you the fight because you more easily can sneak in a heady, which is usually the difference in fights like above.  

1 hour ago, VinnieB said:

I usually do a couple games of war mode to get my aim on point. 

I go through a complete routine in training mode. 500 rounds each with Red Dot/2x/4x on full auto with an M4 (Has really helped out my 4x full auto spray from distance and added a deadly skill to my arsenal) and usually a 100 rounds through a DMR or Bolt with 6x. When I drop in my first game, I want to be the deadliest dude around instead of dropping hot and dying for the first hour to get warmed up.

46 minutes ago, MajorClagNut said:

Initially noticed it with a 2x, I'm normally fairly comfortable with a 2 but it had started feeling all over the place. Jumping left and right of the target. This became apparent with the red dot too.

Anything else i only use single fire with really so less noticeable but still a lot more 'jerky' when sniping.

I stopped playing for about a month when Apex initially came out and I only played Siege and Apex. Previously, a red dot was my best scope. Now that I've been back for about a month the red dot seems to jump around slightly left and right on me kind of like you mentioned. I have my 2x locked in though and don't necessarily see the left and right jumping on it like I do the dot. So the 2x has been my go to short range scope. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

This is highly accurate to me as well.  So straddling left to right and fighting is hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prinzar said:

How many times did you hit him in that video?? I counted 4 separate splatters I think. 

I’ve tried changing the sensitivity a few times, but I always end up back where I started. There’s not much you can do because if you increase sensitivity you will miss those longer shots, and if you lower it you won’t be as fast for the ones that charge you down. It’s a difficult balance

I don’t know but that sucker still had like 1/3 life...when I spectated.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, matthejl said:

I don’t know but that sucker still had like 1/3 life...when I spectated.

Ah you're PS4, took me a little while to find your match. He hit you with a double heady and you had 3 limb shots. 

image.png.7e237abbee0dec5b08ff94fb55c36330.png

Edited by SandmaN20

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Prinzar said:

Delete...duplicate

Edited by matthejl

11 minutes ago, SandmaN20 said:

Ah you're PS4, took me a little while to find your match. He hit you with a double heady and you had 3 limb shots. 

image.png.7e237abbee0dec5b08ff94fb55c36330.png

I play on both.  Depending on what console my son is on...but use Xbox controller on both.  Guess it’s hard to tell but I thought I saw 4 splatters on video and it appeared every hit was shoulders or above.

oh well.  When your slumpin....your kiss slumpin...lol

3 minutes ago, matthejl said:

I play on both.  Depending on what console my son is on...but use Xbox controller on both.  Guess it’s hard to tell but I thought I saw 4 splatters on video and it appeared every hit was shoulders or above.

oh well.  When your slumpin....your kiss slumpin...lol

It's possible you hit him with a fourth shot, but if his second heady shot landed before your last shot hit, it wouldn't of counted since you were already dead. 

4 hours ago, MajorClagNut said:

weird, I felt the exact same issue. However after mashing my brains against the wall, Im starting to re-catch it. sorta...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matthejl said:

DUDE. If that’s your aim when you’re having bad aim, mine must be AWFUL.,

That aiming and recoil control looked good to me😳

5 hours ago, matthejl said:

I think this happens to us all, I've went through a few of these slumps. One week I feel like a good and the next I struggle to hit water when falling out of a boat

7 hours ago, matthejl said:

If I play too long, I get tired and fatigued without even realizing it and my aim suffers for it. But that’s when I realize I need to take a break for a day or two. If you keep playing while fatigued, your muscle memory will keep you playing like shit. It’s hard to break bad habits when that happens. So the sober you can take a break the better. Even if I wanna play/don’t wanna quit playing, I do it anyway. Once I come back, I’m good as new. I was having aim issues early last week (lost .14 of my k/d within 2 days) so I took a 3 day break and when I came back, I had a chicken dinner on my second match and 2 in a row the next day. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, matthejl said:

Your aim was good, just a bit unlucky there.

If I'm having an aiming slump (worse than normal) then I'll stop playing and try again the next day, in case I'm just tired or burnt out. If it's the same the next day I'll jump into the training mode for 30 mins and see if I need to adjust anything.

22 hours ago, SandmaN20 said:

I felt like the 6x and 8x were suddenly very sensitive so I dropped them down a couple of notches.

Then I noticed I was over-aiming with the 1x as well - jumping beyond the enemy to his left then his right (basically painting around him) - so I dropped that down as well. I've put the 1x back up again now though.

The 6x/8x have always caused me a problem because I like to use them zoomed in to 6x/8x but I also like them zoomed out at 3x/4x. If I set sensitivity for zoomed in, then zoomed out is waaaaaaay too slow. And if I set sensitivity for zoomed out then it's way too fast when zoomed in. Can't win.

That's why I want a separate sensitivity slider for the zoom function of these scopes.

15 hours ago, HelloDaddio said:

If I play too long, I get tired and fatigued without even realizing it and my aim suffers for it.

Yeah, sometimes you can't even tell. If I'm not yawning and my eyes aren't sore then I judge it by repeated arse-wuppings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonicBoom said:

The 6x/8x have always caused me a problem because I like to use them zoomed in to 6x/8x but I also like them zoomed out at 3x/4x. If I set sensitivity for zoomed in, then zoomed out is waaaaaaay too slow. And if I set sensitivity for zoomed out then it's way too fast when zoomed in. Can't win.

That's why I want a separate sensitivity slider for the zoom function of these scopes.

That feature is something I've always wanted also. 

• Like 1

For a minute I thought my aiming had simply gotten worse.

Turned out I'd made a change to my Aim Acceleration and forgot about it.

The funny thing is that in war mode, I nail all my targets pretty good. But during solo’s I get insta melted by headshots before I even pull the dang trigger!