x HiHo

Awm 1shots lvl 2 vest in pts

In the new update the awm will 1 shot a dude with full health awhile using a lvl 2vest. This is already tested in pts for pc, why do we need the same issues, u know it is not well balanced. In the later patch they reduced the damage to 130% and lowered the base dmg of awm. Are you obligiated to release the exact same content well knowing it has issues?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, x HiHo said:

In the new update the awm will 1 shot a dude with full health awhile using a lvl 2vest. This is already tested in pts for pc, why do we need the same issues, u know it is not well balanced. In the later patch they reduced the damage to 130% and lowered the base dmg of awm. Are you obligiated to release the exact same content well knowing it has issues?

It's not a world spawn item so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, VinnieB said:

It's not a world spawn item so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. 

I do not agree. But the real question is just why😊

Because it's the baddest, most powerful bolt action in the game.  It SHOULD one shot every armor with the exceptions of level 3.  Why do i want to risk going for a crate to get a gun that I have to hit someone with the same amount of shots as an M24 or a Kar? 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Habz said:

Because it's the baddest, most powerful bolt action in the game.  It SHOULD one shot every armor with the exceptions of level 3.  Why do i want to risk going for a crate to get a gun that I have to hit someone with the same amount of shots as an M24 or a Kar? 

Spot on. I think an AWM should be the daddy. Only 15 bullets makes it quite the risk to take over any other sniper. Need to make that risk worth it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AK R 47 said:

Spot on. I think an AWM should be the daddy. Only 15 bullets makes it quite the risk to take over any other sniper. Need to make that risk worth it. 

Unless your like my teammate who got one then like 10 minutes another crate came and he got all the ammo lol

I agree. This is a welcome change for me. As an average AF player it is still hard to hit moving targets with a bolt action and I've always felt the AWM should end most people if hit in the torso. 

57 minutes ago, Habz said:

Because it one shots level 3 helmets? I honestly don’t believe this is a good change.

The reason why snipers are not overpowered at the minute is because it takes skill/time to aim for the head. 

Now with this change it will cut the time to aim by so much that it will cause the AWM to be overpowered. 

It’s already been tested on PC and they know it’s over powered so not sure why they are even giving us this 150% damage to the chest! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BuckStar said:

Because it one shots level 3 helmets? I honestly don’t believe this is a good change.

The reason why snipers are not overpowered at the minute is because it takes skill/time to aim for the head. 

Now with this change it will cut the time to aim by so much that it will cause the AWM to be overpowered. 

It’s already been tested on PC and they know it’s over powered so not sure why they are even giving us this 150% damage to the chest! 

Yup.

I don't mind it breaking a level 2 vest and leaving you dead to an enemy sneezing on you... but to go from full to dead is too much.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It should one shot level 3 helmets for the same reason it can now one shot level one / two vests.   There are at most 2 AWM's per round in the game, the chances of running into the guy who has it and that he's proficent enough to hit you with it on the move is a chance i'll take.   If he does I'll throw my controller through my TV, jump on the forums and blame mouse and keyboard.   Better yet, if you hear that big bitch crack off... choose another route across the map or go engage and take his shit. 

Edited by Habz

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, BuckStar said:

So they are following in the exact footsteps of PC. Porting these changes over. We are going to get the exact same content patches in about the same time frame. Its lazy yes but how it's being done. 

I personally welcome this. Knowing it will be nerfed in the next patch especially. I'm looking forward to exploiting this for the few weeks its live. 

Edited by Mr. Smalls
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, x HiHo said:

Have you not read the patch it’s exactly the same as pc it’s just copy and pasted 

28 minutes ago, XboxoneXPlayer09 said:

Have you not read the patch it’s exactly the same as pc it’s just copy and pasted 

I think he did read that patch notes. Hence the post.

8 hours ago, x HiHo said:

I do not agree. But the real question is just why😊

I would agree, especially as it was too OP  on PC and has already been rolled back a bit. Why not skip to the damage currently on PC? Can't be that hard to tweak the number from 1.5 to 1.3.

6 hours ago, Crackingdsnutz said:

I would agree, especially as it was too OP  on PC and has already been rolled back a bit. Why not skip to the damage currently on PC? Can't be that hard to tweak the number from 1.5 to 1.3.

Same reason why on the pts on erangel the loot is still shit 🙄

On Reddit they’ve confirmed the live server will have the reduced SR damage, they couldn’t roll it back in time on the PTS though.