Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Ban

Game Volume Low

Logged on today after not playing since last week and the game volume is extremely low. Was there a recent patch or something?

This is on an XBox One X with Astro A50s.

This only affects PUBG. All other games I play sound find, but on PUBG with the headset volume maxed out I'm probably at 50% of max volume. Its so quiet the game is almost unplayable. 

39 minutes ago, Lt. Ban said:

Logged on today after not playing since last week and the game volume is extremely low. Was there a recent patch or something?

This is on an XBox One X with Astro A50s.

This only affects PUBG. All other games I play sound find, but on PUBG with the headset volume maxed out I'm probably at 50% of max volume. Its so quiet the game is almost unplayable. 

Same issue for me when I use my headphones with Bluetooth (connected to Tv), when connected to the controller the sound is ok at max but still a lot lower than in any other games or apps,

In bluetooth, the game is unplayable, the sound is output from Xbox by Hdmi in Passthrough condition to  my Tv, no way to amplify more than the Headphones are capable of, but this was since the game came out from what I remember, and no other game or app have such a low output volume...

22 hours ago, lephilou said:

Same issue for me when I use my headphones with Bluetooth (connected to Tv), when connected to the controller the sound is ok at max but still a lot lower than in any other games or apps,

In bluetooth, the game is unplayable, the sound is output from Xbox by Hdmi in Passthrough condition to  my Tv, no way to amplify more than the Headphones are capable of, but this was since the game came out from what I remember, and no other game or app have such a low output volume...

This problem didn't exist a week ago. Everyone I played squads with yesterday said the same thing. 

The red zone used to blow out my ear drums, now I can barely hear anything. 

• Confused 1

The sound is lower than in every other games since its release, , they just need to put the overall volume higher, concerning your specific problem if you are wired to your controller, are you using stereo output, windows sonic or atmos for headphones?

Just got my new Astro A50's and the game volume is so low! although gunshots are crazily high in volume. plane, footsteps and other noises are extremely low. @PUBG_Andymh5 are you aware of this issue? i know you use your astro's as well, can you please check? 

Agree footsteps have gotten a lot lower. Also on vikendi all I can hear is a constant wind blowing.. Very loud you can't hear anything else

Xbox volume for PubG has ALWAYS been about 30% lower than any other game I own.   I wish the developers would fix this. I always have to play with my headset (Turtle Beach Elite Pro)  maxed out, and it’s still not quite enough volume. 

4 hours ago, Mjmason75 said:

Xbox volume for PubG has ALWAYS been about 30% lower than any other game I own.   I wish the developers would fix this. I always have to play with my headset (Turtle Beach Elite Pro)  maxed out, and it’s still not quite enough volume. 

It is really crazy that an issue like this is not bothering them enough to do something about it, a simple volume level, it's just non existent.. just like mouse and keyboard they care only about money and PC! Grrrrrr

On 5/26/2019 at 9:30 AM, Mjmason75 said:

I agree with you! With my astro a50 3gen i have to play with volume everytime! Rise it when i am on foot, turn down when i am in a vehicle or near the red zone. Developers did a great job in the last 3-4 months (building loading now is ok and netcode too!) but now they have to focus on this issue.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 8:55 AM, MrOmrikon said:

Is it possible it got lower in the last update one week ago? 

It had to have. I went back and listened to some clips I recorded a few weeks ago and the volume level is good. Something was definitely changed recently.

8 hours ago, RedKing Negan said:

Astro a50s no problems on my end just adjust it on your PC to where you like it.

I actually set up to the highest equalizer settings in order to hear footsteps. It's still low, but gunshots are crazily high.