Sign in to follow this  
uMIST

Why Limit Guns to Certain Maps

It's not like this game is constantly getting new content.

New guns should not be limited to specific maps.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Don't even have to change the spawn rate, jus make scar/qbz/g36c 1/3 rate each of what one would be. Create some variety.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRegulator81 said:

I love the QBU, just a shame to only get it on sanhok

Would be great for Miramar especially, with the bipod and all. Seems a waste to have a bipod on a DMR in Sanhok of all maps 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HelloDaddio said:

Would be great for Miramar especially, with the bipod and all. Seems a waste to have a bipod on a DMR in Sanhok of all maps 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeh lay in the grass and snipe the grass🙄

11 hours ago, Harold Brock said:

ALL GUNS ON ALL MAPS!

Please make it happen PUBG Corp!

Lots of extra content for us, all you have to do is change spawn rates!

@PUBG_Andymh5 @Takarii

This is an interesting idea but personally, I would be concerned about the additional assets that would need to be loaded to make all guns available on all of the maps which could potentially have a negative effect on the game's performance. 

Another interesting idea which was previously suggested on the PUBG PC subreddit was to have a dynamic gun spawns for every map.  So basically,  in your first match, the QBU would spawn and not the Mini but in your second match, the Mini would spawn and not the QBU.  The same dynamic could be used for all gun variants and maps.  I'll post the link to the Reddit post below. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/bm5nx1/put_mp5k_on_all_maps_that_gun_is_nuts_to_use_and/emua66p/

Let me know your thoughts and ideas on this?

• Like 9

Thanks for replying Andy. I love the dynamic gun spawns for all maps as opposed to all weapons on all maps because it may have a negative impact on performance, like you said. I didn’t consider that. Also, having all weapons spawn dilutes the weapon pool and makes it difficult to find exactly what you’re looking for every match.

Roll the weapons every match:

QBU or Mini.

MP5K or Vector.

Scar-L or QBZ or G36C.

DP28 or Win94.

All weapons take the same attachments essentially so PUBG Corp. wouldn’t have to announce to us what weapons spawn each match. I think this will help with weapon mastery coming soon too because of the map exclusive weapons. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

Thanks for replying Andy. I love the dynamic gun spawns for all maps as opposed to all weapons on all maps because it may have a negative impact on performance, like you said. I didn’t consider that. Also, having all weapons spawn dilutes the weapon pool and makes it difficult to find exactly what you’re looking for every match.

QBU or Mini.

MP5K or Vector.

Scar-L or QBZ or G36C.

DP28 or Win94.

All weapons take the same attachments essentially so PUBG Corp. wouldn’t have to announce to us what weapons spawn each match. I think this will help with weapon mastery coming soon too because of the map exclusive weapons. 

While I love the idea of rolling weapons they have yet to figure out how to get buildings to render, run a steady FPS, etc so this idea would probably destroy the game. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, daydayvol said:

While I love the idea of rolling weapons they have yet to figure out how to get buildings to render, run a steady FPS, etc so this idea would probably destroy the game. 

I have an Xbox One X, my FPS is great and my building load perfectly fine. Maybe you should upgrade your hardware. It’s hard to expect an updated 2019 game to run on a 2013 console (Xbox One OG). You wouldn’t expect a 2013 OS ( Windows 8 ) to run Microsoft Word 2019.

Edited by Harold Brock
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

I have an Xbox One X, my FPS is great and my building load perfectly fine. Maybe you should upgrade your hardware. It’s hard to expect an updated 2019 game to run on a 2013 console (Xbox One OG). You wouldn’t expect a 2013 OS ( Windows 8 ) to run Microsoft Word 2019.

Isn’t the game running on an outdated engine though? Actually wondering not sarcasm. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RabidGofer said:

Isn’t the game running on an outdated engine though? Actually wondering not sarcasm. 

PUBG runs on Unreal Engine 4. It’s arguably the best engine available right now.

17 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

PUBG runs on Unreal Engine 4. It’s arguably the best engine available right now.

it is just the code i believe for the game not the engine

45 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

Harold I’ve proved it doesn’t run fine without a SSD as you wouldn’t record it to prove it yourself. Vikendi runs like crap on the Xbox One X and so does hot dropping on Miramar!

The only time PUBG runs well is with a Xbox One X and a SSD as it’s been proved countless times with video footage.

Anything that brings QBU (favourite gun) away from just Sahnok (least favourite map) works for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harold Brock said:

If Microsoft word 2019 stated it was compatible with Windows 8, I would 100% expect it to work.. this argument is pointless, as the game is released for Xbox one, not Xbox one X only

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

This is an interesting idea but personally, I would be concerned about the additional assets that would need to be loaded to make all guns available on all of the maps which could potentially have a negative effect on the game's performance. 

Another interesting idea which was previously suggested on the PUBG PC subreddit was to have a dynamic gun spawns for every map.  So basically,  in your first match, the QBU would spawn and not the Mini but in your second match, the Mini would spawn and not the QBU.  The same dynamic could be used for all gun variants and maps.  I'll post the link to the Reddit post below. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/bm5nx1/put_mp5k_on_all_maps_that_gun_is_nuts_to_use_and/emua66p/

Let me know your thoughts and ideas on this?

If this is a good as we can get then we will take it! 

1 hour ago, BuckStar said:

Harold I’ve proved it doesn’t run fine without a SSD as you wouldn’t record it to prove it yourself. Vikendi runs like crap on the Xbox One X and so does hot dropping on Miramar!

The only time PUBG runs well is with a Xbox One X and a SSD as it’s been proved countless times with video footage.

Agreed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harold Brock said:

QBU or Mini.

MP5K or Vector.

Scar-L or QBZ or G36C.

DP28 or Win94.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to roll the Win94 with one one the shotguns as both take ammo loops?

9 hours ago, Harold Brock said:

You actually just made his argument,  Microsoft Word has different versions for older computers.   When they come out with a new Microsoft Word they don't force everyone to use it.  

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 7:02 AM, Harold Brock said:

Well I have an Xbox one X with ssd and things are fine. FPS at 30 is laughable though. They still haven’t fixed rendering for all players in their platform. FACT. 

Also. Those that can’t get buildings to render kill me when I’m in what I think is an enclosed space. So yes, it is a problem. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 3:43 AM, PUBG_Andymh5 said:

If the game can be continually updated with skins and additional cosmetics I don't see how having guns spawn on the map will make a difference.

This is BS!!

I know plenty of people that have a xbox one x and have issues with buildings loading and getting stuck in crap at the beginning of the game. I have an OG xbox with a SSD and usually have zero issues with it. However, my brother bought a xbox one x specifically for this game because he was having issues with the OG xbox, and is now pissed because he still has issues at the beginning of each match. I cant even get him to play this game anymore. I personally love the gameplay/style of this game, but with so many issues, and for so long, it's pretty disappointing.  It's not surprising that the player count has diminished on console. Especially for FPP. When you buy a 500.00 console, and play a game that has been out this long, you shouldn't have these issues. 

On 5/22/2019 at 11:32 PM, daydayvol said:

Also. Those that can’t get buildings to render kill me when I’m in what I think is an enclosed space. So yes, it is a problem. 

Yes!! This happens to me all the time. Especially on Vikendi!! Remember the good ol' days when games actually worked really good when they were released?!! I miss those days!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pajama dad said:

If the game can be continually updated with skins and additional cosmetics I don't see how having guns spawn on the map will make a difference.

Apologies, I should have added more detail to my post.  In addition to assets, there would be more gun sounds, reload animations, equip animations, individual gun class characteristic data etc.   As I said before its only a personal thought.  Do you have any feedback or preferences on the uMist's suggestion?