IMDtarget

Opinions on a possible circle modification.

Circle mechanics are obviously a hot topic.  Depending on your game style, I would think you would support certain modifications.  I was thinking about this and was wondering what others might think.  I'm for as many as possible having a fair chance at the dinner in each match.  You can't control everything, but some things you can.

My proposal goes like this.  No changes for the first 3 phases.  Upon completion of phase 3, the circle would spawn consistently to the center of the last circle.  This would help to eliminate that RNG curse that puts the circle constantly on the other side of the map from you.  In the first parts of the game, I'm fine with where ever the circle goes, but at the end, it often determines or gives a huge advantage to the guy that doesn't have to move.  It would allow for a difference in tactics and reduce the odds you will get owned by the circle.  It still gives everyone a more fair end to a match.

Interested in all of your thoughts.  Please be civil.

I'd prefer something like just continuously, but very slowly close the circle in after phase 3. So that it hits each phase at the same speed as it would now, but without any pauses in between. And on the big maps it's ridiculous you can't outrun even a phase 5 circle if you're on the far side. Just forces people to sit in the blue and shoot you in the back as they try to get that last kill before being playzoned, while everybody who wants to survive sprints with their weapons holstered while trying to dodge bullets. Why can't they just let us gun fight while being pushed slowly inward. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IMDtarget said:

Circle mechanics are obviously a hot topic.  Depending on your game style, I would think you would support certain modifications.  I was thinking about this and was wondering what others might think.  I'm for as many as possible having a fair chance at the dinner in each match.  You can't control everything, but some things you can.

My proposal goes like this.  No changes for the first 3 phases.  Upon completion of phase 3, the circle would spawn consistently to the center of the last circle.  This would help to eliminate that RNG curse that puts the circle constantly on the other side of the map from you.  In the first parts of the game, I'm fine with where ever the circle goes, but at the end, it often determines or gives a huge advantage to the guy that doesn't have to move.  It would allow for a difference in tactics and reduce the odds you will get owned by the circle.  It still gives everyone a more fair end to a match.

Interested in all of your thoughts.  Please be civil.

Wouldnt this just encourage people to camp in the middle of the final  circles.  I like the randomness of the final circles myself. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SiXXX said:

Why can't they just let us gun fight while being pushed slowly inward. 

This has basically the same effect as the the first post, unless it shrinks unevenly.

Edited by Nightscope74
  • Like 1

Everyone would rush to camp centre st phase 4 causing a “Sanhok” situation of 3rd party hell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nightscope74 said:

Wouldnt this just encourage people to camp in the middle of the final  circles.  I like the randomness of the final circles myself. 

Yeah I agree,  the randomness forces people out of houses they were camping in.

If you get lucky with the circle you get lucky, but it’s all about rotating and pushing yourself into the best position. 

If the next zone is far away, don’t wait last minute to make a move, move immediately and push into the zone. A lot of players get caught out camping a spot outside the zone to the last minute and then make a move for the circle, that tactic might work late on, but for phases 3-5 you need to work the zone in your favour and push...

That’s what works for me anyway.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, IMDtarget said:

Upon completion of phase 3, the circle would spawn consistently to the center of the last circle.

10 hours ago, SiXXX said:

I'd prefer something like just continuously, but very slowly close the circle in after phase 3.

I've been thinking about both of these lately too, trying to work out ways that it could be changed but...

9 hours ago, Nightscope74 said:

Wouldnt this just encourage people to camp in the middle of the final circles.  I like the randomness of the final circles myself. 

This has basically the same effect as the the first post, unless it shrinks unevenly.

@Nightscope74 is absolutely right on both. Either way would result in people just sitting in the centre compound, everyone would know where to go.

And people would just rain grenades and mollies into the middle of the circle.

• Like 1

You could pick a “sure thing” building every game. 

My quick fix for a hard shift would be to make sure you always find a motorcycle in the beginning phases. in phase 3 or 4, (depending on the map) all you need to do is shove it as far as you can far up into the middle of the playzone and you will have a much better chance of making it to the very end. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nightscope74 said:

This. Every game, my strategy is to get to the center first. If you hold center ground, you are at the advantage. The randomness prevents players like me from winning everytime lol. I like it how it is now because its never the same game. The game never allows you to be a full camper bnecause sometimes it will be you who has to push through heavy fire from campers already in the circle and in other games it is you who is doing the camping and potshotting fools trying to get to the middle.

Edited by FinestNoob 360

Random is they way to go in my opinion.  The unpredictable nature of some many elements gives each match a unique feel.  You constantly have to adapt to the situation.  Higher replay value.

• Like 2

This game is RNG based so having that uncertainty is good in my opinion. If it was centrally based each time there would be a lot more campers and bush wookies 

• Like 1

The best fix for getting screwed by the circle is good play. Loot fast find a vehicle.

But this means that certain parts of a map just aren't good choices. 

Perhaps if the location of first circle was known earlier players could make better, more informed decisions. It would still be random, but have first circle up in the lobby along with flight path?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nightscope74 said:

I'd say it's different. Whether it closes into the center or some random area within makes no difference to my suggestion. The circle should be slower than running speed even on the fastest side, especially after phase 3 when it gets smaller and when gun fights occur more frequently between multiple squads. If this means we get rid of the pauses in between movement that still makes more sense, at least people wouldn't get caught with a circle faster than they can run that will kill them once it reaches the next phase in. 

Nothing worse than getting caught in a gun fight on the far side in the later phases, maybe even a second squad shows up just to delay you more, and your squad wins the fight just to realize the circle is now closing in and you have no chance to make it there alive. I know they experimented with a slower circle on pc but I don't know why it never made it into the game. Plus if it's always slower than running speed after phase 3 means it could do a much higher amount of damage since there's no real reason to get caught in it, which would also prevent people shooting inward from the blue. I really don't know why they didn't make that choice, how it is now is pretty much the worst and most frustrating design they could have. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, SiXXX said:

I'd say it's different. Whether it closes into the center or some random area within makes no difference to my suggestion. The circle should be slower than running speed even on the fastest side, especially after phase 3 when it gets smaller and when gun fights occur more frequently between multiple squads. If this means we get rid of the pauses in between movement that still makes more sense, at least people wouldn't get caught with a circle faster than they can run that will kill them once it reaches the next phase in.

I misunderstood before, I thought you meant you wanted the circle to close slower but always on the centre. I didn't like that idea because it would everyone would know where they could go and camp.

Now I understand what you meant I totally agree. And for the same reason too, I hate it when the circle ruins a good shootout and it often does. It should work too, big damage if you go in the blue but it wouldn't matter if you could outrun it.

Edited by ColonicBoom

Posted (edited)

Would be fun if they added a game mode with the same circle behaviour as they had on the fortnite tournament.

Circle is constantly moving but not getting smaller just constantly moving around. Maybe this will not work as good on pubg because you cant build and float around in the air but it would definitely give you alot of choices of either run & gun, squad up in a vehicle and try to mow down people on the fly or stay in the front of the circle going backwards forcing players to push you or get pushed into blue.

First 2-3 circles would be as normal but then it starts moving constantly after phase 3, getting you time enough to gear up and after that you will have to be fast if you need meds/ammo/nades etc

Edited by AmaZedgorilla