Sign in to follow this  
Xepoj0

Zeroing weapons? Other "minor" things?

Why is Zeroing even removed i mean its super usefull specially on iron sights on like AK that has a noticeable
drop at 250-300m **cant even see anything if you aim above someone** , why is it even removed in the first place?
Whoever doesnt know how to use it, DOESNT need to, but why remove it for those who use it and its way more usefull
than most ppl think, specially on 2x and 4x in miramar.

Question: "Is it ever coming back?"
If the answer is no than Question: "WHY NOT?" 
I would like both answers.

We got the bs Q and E peaks but Devs remove zeroing i dont get it at all. 

Have any of Devs ever hold a rifle and fired behind a corner with a 4x scope at 400 meters while unnaturarely bending their body ***its impossible***.

Yes game is kind of trying to be somewhat realistic and we have that, but way more usefull and a normal thing - Zeroing isnt in it.
Yes i also know this is a game, but why remove something VERY COOL that NOT ALOT OF GAMES HAVE!!!

And the weapons -rifles- mostly are way too accurate when standing, rarely i see ppl crouch or prone to shoot but thats for another topic.
Another thing aswell, Putting a scope on a rifle, DOESNT MAKE ANYONE HOLD IT MORE FIRMLY.

------------------------------------------------------------
TO DEVS (random ppl can just skip the rest but whatever):

You want ppl to love the game? Look at dark souls its hard af but ppl love it, what you are doing is if you'd listen to ppl that cry about Dark souls.

U want a survival battle royale? Stop trying to make smt THAT PPL LIKE for the sake of PPL LIKING IT and make decisions that are GOOD NO MATTER WHAT.

For a game thats actually kind of trying to be realistic to a certain point, you DO FAIL but LEARN FROM IT, the idea is what ppl are playing.
If this game went out during half life 1 era the idea would still be cool, so im not talking about graphics part of game its actually quite OK. (surviv.io an example)
Just do whats right sometimes, removing zeroing wasnt right it was extremely useless thing to do and i still didnt find a "WHY u did it?" anywhere on forums.
I mean "we wont ever give you lootboxes with keys needing to open" well here they are!
10euro to change a name? Sure!
(TIP HOW TO - make us pay.... idk 30k Battle Points, we would love the challenge if u gave us a f*****ng chance to swap name, 30euros to buy PUBG is what we feel sad already about)
You had an idea thats awesome, and u are pissing more and more all over it by trying to make everyone..... happy? We aint guys...

U probably already have more money than most of us will make in a lifetime make a game good now stop being all about money!
Its the little things that make ppl very dissapointed devs (thats what she said).
------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways > going back to dota2, YES I ENJOY IT MORE and I CANT BELIEVE IM SAYING IT!

After giving a second read to your manifesto I think it would be a really good idea to have dedicated buttons for zeroing. 

Iron sights have zeroing, but default zeroing is at 100m and you usually use it for 25m more or less.
Six times scope doesn't have zeroing at all if I'm not mistaken. Which is... Strange.

We should have this for people who want to go in depth.
The rest of the points you mentioned... I'll ignore it for now.

Posted (edited)

Oh Zeroing! I forgot that even existed haha. haven't used it for sooo long. But I don't mind having it in the game. I should you should be able to zero all scopes tbh. I don't see a reason not to... Why not make it so that people who wanna use it can use it :)

Edited by Willitz

On 5/18/2019 at 7:49 PM, Xepoj0 said:

Whoever doesnt know how to use it

Could somebody give info what is that, and why its useful?

Posted (edited)

I'm quite certain you can zero iron sights. At least you can the winchester's. I never actually had any reason to try it on other weapons.

Being able to zero only the high powerered scopes "on the fly" also kind of makes sense. Those are the true sniper scopes and only snipers actually adjust zeroing before every shot.

P.S. I only sometimes use 8x zeroing because I just can't be bothered to count the 4th or 5th dot before every shot. The old scope design was much better (3rd dot marked = easy to locate 4+ dots quickly) and zeroing was pointless back then. The 4x and 6x are much better in that aspect and they really don't even need zeroing.

Edited by Biochemikas

13 hours ago, Willitz said:

Oh Zeroing! I forgot that even existed haha. haven't used it for sooo long. But I don't mind having it in the game. I should you should be able to zero all scopes tbh. I don't see a reason not to... Why not make it so that people who wanna use it can use it :)

I agree - it should be like fire mode. in that you can set all scopes to whatever you want when you pick them up. So for example you could set the 6x to zero at 300m on pick up and iron site to 50m etc If you don't want to change anything then don't or don't even use zeroing.