I think they should consider having the Winchester come with a 8x as non-changeable permanent scope fixture but w no other attachments possible. In the movie the Good, Bad & Ugly, Clint uses one with a side mounted scope, probably a 8x. It could be used the same way the canted design works, but without the canted attachment or regular if the zoom adjustment was great enough. 

• Like 1

2x or 3x mounted scope, or half of the spawns or like 30% of winchester spawns come with that scope could be good.

very basic scope or something. could make the weapon better.

Sure, but maybe not an 8x. but for sure a scope. At this point it's only a weapon people choose when they wanna do some weird mission or achievment. It's not really in the meta. Since it is pretty good anyways I wouldn't mind being able to put a scope on it. I might even use it:) Can't even remember the last time I had it lol

2 hours ago, CAttack said:

Leave it alone is my view

Agreed. Not all weapons should be that useful. 
HOWEVER... Rate of fire on that thing is really slow, which is not realistic at all. 
It could have a different kind of buff. For example, hit a button while reload animation is going on to chamber the next round faster. So you can get reward as a cowboy fast shooter.

For example, shoot, fast R, shoot, fast R. Something along those lines. Because if you just increase the rate of fire on that thing it's going to end better than most rifles.
Ooor... Maybe I'm wrong, it could end up being fine. Anyway, rate of fire is garbage compared to the real deal.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Boodgemeister said:

Not all weapons should be that useful. 

However having almost useless weapons in the item pool feels wasteful.

A red dot for it would be sufficient IMO, or even an improved ironsight.

Edited by Destru

that thing is already a very deadly weapon, you cannot add a scope without nerfing it aswell.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Destru said:

However having almost useless weapons in the item pool feels wasteful.

A red dot for it would be sufficient IMO, or even an improved ironsight.

Concerning the item pool I think I said it before: just remove machetes, scythe and stuff. We have no need for that. Pans are all we need, really.

On the subject of red dot... To be completely fair, Win94 has the best iron sights in game. Feels great to shoot from it, super accurate and it magnifies more than other iron sights.
On the other hand, rate of fire is neutered way too much. It should be good for mid range, which it really is. Fine. But long range and close range it's absolutely useless. Especially close range. Yeah, you should be outgunned and outclassed, but not completely hopeless close range. You need to pull of 2 body shots. Simply no time for that. 
I like "off meta" guns like VSS and Winchester. But Win94 is so underwhelming that it's suicide to carry that thing without serious backup (AKM/M416).

Now, if we had close to this rate of fire:

Edited by Boodgemeister

Why add something that was never there to begin with. Trying to pamper more stuff in the game is bad.

The winchester is a beast. It doesnt need any additions or buffs.

10 hours ago, r0eladn said:

2x or 3x mounted scope, or half of the spawns or like 30% of winchester spawns come with that scope could be good.

very basic scope or something. could make the weapon better.

Thats an amasing idea actually!

We had a poll in the Xbox forum for a scope on the Winchester. People overwhelmingly voted for a fixed scope with a 2x or 3x magnification to increase it's viability early to mid game. It got a lot of support. Wouldn't mind testing it out on the PTS to see how it is.

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2019 at 3:46 PM, Lawlesspluto said:

I think they should consider having the Winchester come with a 8x as non-changeable permanent scope fixture but w no other attachments possible. In the movie the Good, Bad & Ugly, Clint uses one with a side mounted scope, probably a 8x. It could be used the same way the canted design works, but without the canted attachment or regular if the zoom adjustment was great enough. 

126520559_th8.jpg.37062a555e316d7d0a062303d58bc3d0.jpg

Sure looks like an 8x doesn't it … ?? :/

Edited by DeadlyEggXoP
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, whysoheavyhanded said:

It's a beast as it is. High skill weapon.

It's not really a beast, but definitely a fun challenge. It was quite good with the 150% body multiplier (still minimum ttk 0.6 sec though - not really competitive) - 2 bodyshots vs lvl2 (but the 150% did take away from the skill aspect, since it made no sense to headshot at all - still 2 shots). P.S. I just realised it's still 2 chest shots with 130%, just can't shoot the stomach anymore.

I 100% agree that the winnie should not be touched - it's a fun challenge weapon, that's not even that common in the world. Although maybe testing 1-shot lvl2 helmet could be an option (increase base damage by 1 from 66 to 67) - I don't think that would be that much too OP (although maybe reduce the bodyshot multiplier in that case).

P.S. Winchester only custom games are quite popular, because the weapon is just fun. I don't get why would anyone want to ruin that by attaching a generic scope to it...

Edited by Biochemikas
  • Like 1

Deadly egg...that’s not the Winchester, that’s a Spencer 🙄 he uses the Winchester (or doesn’t use) on the last hanging, where “The Ugly” forces him to not shoot the rope while his partner hangs. 

Posted (edited)

Deadly egg...that’s not the Winchester, that’s a Spencer 🙄 he uses the Winchester (or doesn’t use) on the last hanging, where “The Ugly” forces him to not shoot the rope while his partner hangs. As I said; w a side mount scope, the iron sites could still be used. Without attachments the flash will be obvious, so it’s not a overwhelming buff, it’s just more useful on the giant desert map. What’s more righteous? Increasing the hit zone beyond reality or leaving the hit zone as IRL but adding a scope?.

35D5766F-CD42-41F4-8289-516DB8A44E27.jpeg

Edited by Lawlesspluto

Yes, I would be happy if they added the ability to add scopes in general to winchester

I’m a bit torn, I think the Winchester is good at the moment, it does good damage and it’s fun to use, but it’s only good early game until I find something better. the rate of fire is too slow to be using it past the first circle of two and not being able to add some sort of magnification really limits it. I would be happy if you were able to maybe put a 3x on it, just the one scope and that’s it. The 3x is a bit clunky anyway and harder to use than most other scopes so I think that would fit the Winchester’s appeal for most people with giving it a bit more range and become a viable weapon to use later on in games and not just being a weapon that people use early game and for “challenges”.