TriviaJockey

What dumb/amusing things have you seen opponents do?

What dumb, silly or amusing things have you seen opponents do?  I'm not talking about being unskilled, or having bad aim -- I mean conscious strategy/gameplay choices that make you scratch your heads.

Last night I landed, got a gun early.  I saw a guy land (from parachuting) at a compound just ahead of me.  Took a couple shots at him, but he ran into a house.  I guess he didn’t have time to look for a gun, because unbeknownst to me he jumped out a back window, hopped the wall, and lay down just on the other side of the wall in the grass.  I went into the building and found it empty.  I would never have known where he went, I would have assumed he ran away already.  Except...the dude started to crawl for some reason, and I heard it.  Knew exactly where he was.  Hopped the wall and shot him.

Everyone I try to pan fight when we're the last ones try to kill me and die everytime, c'mon men it's 1v1 why so sissy 

The Fortnite jump. Almost everyone I start shooting at starts jumping around. Especially the longer range targets.

When I'm chasing another vehicle and they unsuccessfully try to switch seats and shoot me.. I just spin them out, hop out and easy kill

On 5/17/2019 at 9:50 PM, TriviaJockey said:

What dumb, silly or amusing things have you seen opponents do?  I'm not talking about being unskilled, or having bad aim -- I mean conscious strategy/gameplay choices that make you scratch your heads.

I see plenty of people that run into the blue and lose a big chunk of health when it's 1v1, virtually guaranteeing their own death. I've seen a few just give the chicken away by refusing to come out of their camping spot, seems they'd rather die to the blue and finish 2nd than even attempt to go for the win.

I've got some terrible play clips too, these are my favourite thing to record...

People that I can only assume think they are invisible.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/colonic-booivi/video/74823890

People that don't pay attention to their 6 - this is the happiest I've ever been to see a 3rd party turn up 🤣

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/colonic-booivi/video/74469766

And here's a 2 minute masterclass on things not to do in a final circle (the enemies, not me).

Sitting still.

Going prone.

Not checking your flanks.

Not being aware of how much your head sticks out.

Not taking advantage of enemies creating distractions.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/colonic-booivi/video/74823546

• Like 1

This is a good one illustrating horrible plays (including my own play), it's 3 short clips but they follow immediately on from one another.

A squad of grass snakes that doesn't check for bush-wookies.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/colonic-booivi/video/73780309

Even when one practically has his nose in my bush.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/colonic-booivi/video/73780302

And karma for the terrible player that 3rd partied me - Renz, you're the worst player I've ever seen.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/colonic-booivi/video/73780308

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 10:55 PM, jjarQue said:

Everyone I try to pan fight when we're the last ones try to kill me and die everytime, c'mon men it's 1v1 why so sissy 

"Trying to pan fight" is the dumb thing in your situation though.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

I was spectating someone on vikendi the other day, he was just inside the blue, had left a compound, he turned around, ran into the blue losing a lot of health ( 4th circle) to grab the vehicle he had left behind, to then drive the 10seconds back into the zone and ditch the car at the exact place he’d Been when he turned back, he then ran the rest of the way. Like, wtf!?!

2 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

And here's a 2 minute masterclass on things not to do in a final circle (the enemies, not me).

Sitting still.

Going prone.

Not checking your flanks.

Not being aware of how much your head sticks out.

Not taking advantage of enemies creating distractions.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/colonic-booivi/video/74823546

But.....I did the prone for my chicken.   Had to,  kinda.

It's amazing what you can see and I can't.  All those kills and I never saw 1 of them untill you put the aim on them. even when I watched it again. 

I had a clip of me checking my six and the was shot from my other six that was a 12.  Can't win.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fSucee said:

"Trying to pan fight" is the dumb thing in your situation though.

When you're used to do over 10k per match last fight is sometimes irrelevant so you want some fun, you won't understand it soon enough 

Posted (edited)

Last night I was in a 1 v 1 in final circle on a hillside, I didn’t know where the last guy was as there were only a couple trees and a small ledge uphill for cover and a rock directly east on the edge of the zone and a steep open hill at the bottom. I had only a rock myself to hide behind on the direct west edge of the zone. I figured he’d be behind the rock directly across from me because he and I were both shooting at the 3rd place guy before I killed him at the very bottom of the hill/zone. And all the cover at the top of the hill wouldn’t have had that angle. But again, I have not put eyes on him so I’m not 100% where he is. There’s nothing but open hillside between us. This guy frags in front of his rock. Then a flash lands right in front of his rock. I legit thought he was uphill trying to get a lucky nade on me. As I look uphill I hear a molly land and look back towards the rock to see the ground around the front of it on fire. Although I didn’t see the molly come from uphill, I was convinced he was up there trying to get that lucky throwable kill. So as I start to run uphill to see if I can put my eyes on him, he peeks from behind the rock and starts firing at me. Luckily he’s a potato. I run back to my rock because there’s no other cover nearby. As the endgame zone begins to close now, he is forced from his cover first. I peek and win the chicken dinner. I’m not sure if this guy purposely threw nades in front of his own cover as a new diversion tactic I’ve never seen before... or if he just sucked at throwing nades and kept bouncing them off the rock he was hiding behind. Either way, it fooled me. And had he not been a potato, would have melted me.

Edited by HelloDaddio
Spelling
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BadBatch5040 said:

But.....I did the prone for my chicken.   Had to,  kinda.

It's amazing what you can see and I can't.  All those kills and I never saw 1 of them untill you put the aim on them. even when I watched it again. 

I had a clip of me checking my six and the was shot from my other six that was a 12.  Can't win.

I loved this match, it was a great final circle. I was really pleased with myself because of how I played it, I felt like I made the right decisions in the right order.

1st kill. I just assumed someone would be as high up the hill as they could get, on the edge of the blue.

I see an enemy running up the far side of the hill at 0:52, I'm already watching that high hill side of the circle anyway. I felt that someone up there was more of a threat to my position. I see him get wrecked and I hear that the person that killed him is also high up the hill so I know for sure that someone else is up where I suspected. I checked the killer's name.

2nd kill. I heard the sniper's shots, he popped up almost exactly where I was looking so he made it easy for me.

I see another enemy run up the hill at 1:13 (same place as the one at 0:52) but he doesn't get shot so now I know there are two over there. I think about bushing for a moment but gunfire breaks out in the compound. I only see one enemy but he's not shooting at me so I use the distraction to make a move. The ghillie suit surprised me, I just wasn't expecting him to come running out there.

At 1:33 you can see the moment his name registers with me 🤣

I realise it wasn't the same name that I noted before, meaning that the enemy that I've been looking for this whole time is still up the hill. I turn to go up the hill and catch a glimpse of him straight away...

img_01.png.37087d4ba1b82c4f0eee05bf5b69ee13.png

There's definitely a time and a place for going prone but the final enemy shouldn't have. He should have pushed up the hill while I was shooting at the other guy. He should have been ready to take me (or the other guy) out immediately after one of us had died but he didn't do anything.

Then I ran for the tree and saw him here, not sure if that's his gun or pan or what...

No sure that's even him actually but I thought it was at the time.

img_02.png.576684d0b538a9231c24c1ba9407fc4f.png

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 1

Some of the shit you roll up on...

I was cheering him on the whole time. I knew he could do it...

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I had one last night.. It was 1v1 final circle and i had no clue where the enemy was. There was a building inside of the circle before closing in and the new circle was in the open field with only a few trees as cover. I assumed he was inside the building but did not know because i had not seen him. Then the circle starts closing in and this fella throws out 3(3!!!) smoke grenades in his building then proceeds to go out the back into the blue circle crouch walking in the open inside of blue lol. I had already cooked a grenade before he left the building so it was just a simple throw to get the dinner haha..

Player skill and decision making is never gonna shock me anymore after i witnessed these fellas fight for the chicken...

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/nukeyy1/video/64918338

still the best clip ive ever recorded and it still just as hilarious and heartbreaking how those two could be in the final fight for the chicken

Edited by AmaZedgorilla
  • Haha 2

I can do stupid all the time, i don't need rely on others...only recnty found myself laughing out load for someone who killed me but took so long looting he didn't notice the circle and it burnt him to death..so funny..but what did i do at weekend..biked someone over...didn't really need loot..but stupid is as stupid does..sure enough i burnt to death for no good reason..didn't even notice my health vaporising i was so bust looting..DOH

On 5/17/2019 at 11:12 PM, Mr. Smalls said:

The Fortnite jump. Almost everyone I start shooting at starts jumping around. Especially the longer range targets.

That s not bad to jump if you can, just depend when...

4 hours ago, HelloDaddio said:

Brilliant. 🤣

4 hours ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

Player skill and decision making is never gonna shock me anymore after i witnessed these fellas fight for the chicken...

still the best clip ive ever recorded and it still just as hilarious and heartbreaking how those two could be in the final fight for the chicken

Wow. 😂

4 hours ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

This one never loses it's impact, brilliant.

5 hours ago, HelloDaddio said:

Might be my new fave though 😂

• Haha 1

Once i saw alone in duos. I was spectating a fight. A dude got knocked and finished instantly . Then the Solo killed both dudes from the other team , then he went to their bodies and started to laugh (using the emote obviously ) then i just 1 shot him in head with m24.

This one was unlucky for them . I was playing squads on sanhok. I knocked 2 dudes at the same rock . A dude went to pick them up. He exploded in the red zone . And the 4th member of the squad went in a car to drive away and he exploded too . 

• Haha 1