Why not make pts free for all, instead of just owners of the full game?

That way potential new players could try the game for the week the pts is on.

Might just get a few more players out of it.

We're basically getting patch 27 from PC - 

Snipers will now be completely OP/broken and the Erangel loot changes wont even be noticeable. This was changed on PC very quickly due to player feedback so why the hell are we getting this same broken patch? Incompetence. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

They're combining the pistol and SMG attachments so you will be able to use pistol mags in the Vector.

Imagine if there were 3 different 7.62 types in the game, it would drive everyone mad 🤣

Which is why I said that I understand why they do it, but it’s wrong. Don’t have so many 7.62 caliber weapons. There’s plenty of other cartridges to choose from. Make the KAR98 harder to find and have it shoot the 8MM. Could change the M16A4 to a 6.5 Grendel round instead. There’s ways to make it fun and more accurate. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Landescotch said:

Pause the video at the 26 second mark, you can see the player is just above the ground and there is a crate there that has nothing on it.  As soon as he lands there are now weapons.  So again we aren't seeing items before we hit the ground which causes a big issue.   

This is also a PC issue so I doubt it will ever be fixed. 

3 hours ago, Goofy The Scot said:

Snipers will now be completely OP/broken and the Erangel loot changes wont even be noticeable. This was changed on PC very quickly due to player feedback so why the hell are we getting this same broken patch? Incompetence. 

Yeah, you'd think they would just skip their bad decisions but perhaps it has something to do with how the code progresses from patch to patch.  Maybe going from Patch 26 straight to 28 would cause new issues/bugs that were not seen in the PC progression since their 28th patch used patch 27 as the groundwork.  

I don't code so I am probably spouting off nonsense 😅

4 hours ago, Goofy The Scot said:

I watch pc streamers all the time. Erangel loot is excellent.

4 hours ago, S1LENT W4VE said:

Which is why I said that I understand why they do it, but it’s wrong. Don’t have so many 7.62 caliber weapons. There’s plenty of other cartridges to choose from. Make the KAR98 harder to find and have it shoot the 8MM. Could change the M16A4 to a 6.5 Grendel round instead. There’s ways to make it fun and more accurate. 

Everything is wrong from an accuracy standpoint, inaccurate ammo is extremely low on the list of most people's concerns.

I disagree that more ammo types would equate to more fun, I think it would be a pain in the arse.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Goofy The Scot said:

Snipers will now be completely OP/broken and the Erangel loot changes wont even be noticeable.

Yep, I don't think the Erangel loot changes will be noticeable either but what have I missed about the snipers?

Why are they going to be OP/broken? I thought there was just 'a slight increase' in sniper spawns.

Edited by ColonicBoom

31 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

Yep, I don't think the Erangel loot changes will be noticeable either but what have I missed about the snipers?

Why are they going to be OP/broken? I thought there was just 'a slight increase' in sniper spawns.

Patch 27 on PC (what we're getting) results in the AWM being a 1 hit kill with a body shot to a L2 vest, M24 and K9 doing over 75% damage with body shots. Basically it removes the risk/reward nature of a bolt action making them far and away the only desired choice vs DMR

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Goofy The Scot said:

Patch 27 on PC (what we're getting) results in the AWM being a 1 hit kill with a body shot to a L2 vest, M24 and K9 doing over 75% damage with body shots. Basically it removes the risk/reward nature of a bolt action making them far and away the only desired choice vs DMR

Ah, that'll be the base damage thing that I didn't really pay attention to then.

That's a whole lot of damage, landing a body shot with an SR is not much of a challenge as it is.

And if your squad has one each, it becomes extremely attractive to people that like to camp/move/camp.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 1

Reducing aim punch? Why? How? Its barely even noticeable the damn way it is, and coming from someone who plays far away from from the only na server this is going to suck ass, its terrible as it is already because it doesnt even matter if i get first shot on an enemy they still instamelt me routinely, was really hoping if aim punch was ever addressed that they would increase the effect, drastically, i mean realistically how well/accurately should someone be able to return fire while they are getting shot?

Shit move guys, shit move.

FFS 😡

• RIP 2

8 hours ago, Dinnerforone said:

Reducing aim punch? Why? How? Its barely even noticeable the damn way it is, and coming from someone who plays far away from from the only na server this is going to suck ass, its terrible as it is already because it doesnt even matter if i get first shot on an enemy they still instamelt me routinely, was really hoping if aim punch was ever addressed that they would increase the effect, drastically, i mean realistically how well/accurately should someone be able to return fire while they are getting shot?

So many times I see that I got in a headshot first and was melted anyway.  I was kinda hoping it was increased. 

5 minutes ago, BadBatch5040 said:

So many times I see that I got in a headshot first and was melted anyway.  I was kinda hoping it was increased. 

Just learn to control recoil so you can hit multiple shots consecutively, lowering aim punch is a good thing.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2019 at 8:34 PM, Goofy The Scot said:

I like this part on the PTS notes

• Fixed an issue which caused heavy FPS drops momentarily using hotkeys to mute or change audio channels.

😂😂😂

Edited by Prowash
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Nightscope74 said:

Just learn to control recoil so you can hit multiple shots consecutively, lowering aim punch is a good thing.

Controlling recoil has nothing to do with trash servers on the otherside of the country that only register 1 in 5 hits. When i shoot someone and they turn around and  do the same thing except their shots all get recognized as hits and there is no aim punch to atleast benefit the first person to shoot its getting to be damn annoying.

Or let me guess, i could “git gud”?

9 minutes ago, Dinnerforone said:

Controlling recoil has nothing to do with trash servers on the otherside of the country that only register 1 in 5 hits. When i shoot someone and they turn around and  do the same thing except their shots all get recognized as hits and there is no aim punch to atleast benefit the first person to shoot its getting to be damn annoying.

Or let me guess, i could “git gud”?

Sorry didnt realise you wanted to increase aim punch to offset lag, thats even crazier.

With the scenario you mentioned increasing aim punch would not help you because in a lag/ desync situation you didnt actually shoot first, it just appears that way from your perspective.

It would be more realistic to have increased aim punch, but this is not a simulation and at some point needs to be fun. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 4:24 PM, Nefariousness said:

I watch pc streamers all the time. Erangel loot is excellent.

It is now, yes. Unfortunately (according to the patch notes) we're not getting the loot buff that is currently on PC, we're getting the initial buff that PC received which made pretty much zero difference.

1 hour ago, Goofy The Scot said:

It is now, yes. Unfortunately (according to the patch notes) we're not getting the loot buff that is currently on PC, we're getting the initial buff that PC received which made pretty much zero difference.

that for me rest the best, new buff in last pc patch for me is too much.

34 minutes ago, Ravellron said:

that for me rest the best, new buff in last pc patch for me is too much.

I'd prefer to be fighting rather than looting tbh so i like the latest buff :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Goofy The Scot said:

I'd prefer to be fighting rather than looting tbh so i like the latest buff :)

Me too.

Posted (edited)

Erangel is not a Sanhok map, it will lose his charme :)

Edited by Ravellron

1 hour ago, Ravellron said:

Erangel is not a Sanhok map, it will lose his charme :)

Erangel will never be like Sanhok even if you have an AR and SR in every single house - that won't change the flow of the map or the way it plays (mostly midrange and longrange fighting). It may indeed improve it for the better as more players will drop in more remote areas knowing they can finally get decent loot without hitting hotspots - this will hopefully help the mid-game lull.

Sanhok is a CQC map due to the map's design, far smaller play area, less time between circles, vast amounts of foliage and hard cover (which results in more close quarters fights) - totally different experience independent of loot imho :)

One thing i would like to see is an option in custom games that gives us the loot rates and circle timings of the pro/comp scene - similar to "Faceit" on PC, i think that could be real fun.

15 hours ago, Prowash said:

I like this part on the PTS notes

• Fixed an issue which caused heavy FPS drops momentarily using hotkeys to mute or change audio channels.

😂😂😂

I read that too and was floored... oh wait no I wasn't. I wasn't surprised at all...