Jump to content
Reyivour

Pubg Poll Voting: To Create A Better Game

Recommended Posts

Whilst playing Oldschool Runescape, i have come to realise that it has an incredible voting system to improve its gameplay, that could perhaps be implemented in Pubg.

It goes by: The developers pick out suggestions to improve/change stuff about the game and list them up in an ingame voting system where player could vote yes or no, If a suggestion gets over 75% of Yes-votes it'll be implemented.

This ''ingame voting system'' could probably be added to the lobby where instead of running around for a whole minute, you can read through suggestions and vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you'll find the Runescape developers are actually interested in the views of their community. No one's quite worked out what PUBG's plan is yet... not making money, that's for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Implementing what's voted on from the community at large can be a bad thing... especially in this game where so many people already whine and complain about the style of play this game brings. OMG looting sucks, omg rain/redzone/plane/wind/ocean are too loud, omg I hit every bullet and it went through them even though I really missed, omg <insertcomplaint>.

 

If lots of these guys had their way we'd have 0 looting going on in the main game where everyone just spawned on the ground with their kit of choosing, camping would be a bannable offense and everyone would have to run and bounce like a bunny while leaning in the middle of nothing....

 

Devs need to stick to their games vision while listening to the community about feedback on things they implement to gauge balance issues. Not cater to the loudest and whiniest group.

Edited by xTekx_1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, xTekx_1 said:

Implementing what's voted on from the community at large can be a bad thing... especially in this game where so many people already whine and complain about the style of play this game brings. OMG looting sucks, omg rain/redzone/plane/wind/ocean are too loud, omg I hit every bullet and it went through them even though I really missed, omg <insertcomplaint>.

 

If lots of these guys had their way we'd have 0 looting going on in the main game where everyone just spawned on the ground with their kit of choosing, camping would be a bannable offense and everyone would have to run and bounce like a bunny while leaning in the middle of nothing....

 

Devs need to stick to their games vision while listening to the community about feedback on things they implement to gauge balance issues. Not cater to the loudest and whiniest group.

What are you on about? I clearly said the developers choose/filter the suggestions. Meaning that what they only feel would only make the game better will get to the polling, and it'll eventually also need >75% of people votes to pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JackBoot said:

I think you'll find the Runescape developers are actually interested in the views of their community. No one's quite worked out what PUBG's plan is yet... not making money, that's for sure!

Exactly, if you look up steam charts you'll see that the game is going down hill, the player drop is slightly decreasing the last few months so i really hope the developers step their game up so we finally see green numbers on steam charts.

Its sad to see how pubg mobile gets all the love whilst the pc game doesn't get 10% of the content the mobile game is getting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JackBoot said:

I think you'll find the Runescape developers are actually interested in the views of their community. No one's quite worked out what PUBG's plan is yet... not making money, that's for sure!

Cant compare non battle royale game with a battle royale game...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Reyivour said:

What are you on about? I clearly said the developers choose/filter the suggestions. Meaning that what they only feel would only make the game better will get to the polling, and it'll eventually also need >75% of people votes to pass.

 

The issue I think @xTekx_1 raises is how do the developers decide on what to implement. I mean there have been some decidedly questionable changes over the history of the games development :)

 

once that has been decided I think your idea has merit although the biggest downside would be the community badgering for when the result would be implemented. It would require a more open channel of communication and more importantly, patience from the players. I think that would be the hardest part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boodgemeister said:

It's okay if the majority of voters are not morons.

Well the voters are gonna vote on a topic that the developers chose to include in the polls, so any change that might occur i believe would be for the better.

@fobyac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if they started with something simple like "would you like us to fix the bugs that have been in the game since day 1?" I think the community would get right behind them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 1:14 AM, Reyivour said:

Whilst playing Oldschool Runescape, i have come to realise that it has an incredible voting system to improve its gameplay, that could perhaps be implemented in Pubg.

It goes by: The developers pick out suggestions to improve/change stuff about the game and list them up in an ingame voting system where player could vote yes or no, If a suggestion gets over 75% of Yes-votes it'll be implemented.

This ''ingame voting system'' could probably be added to the lobby where instead of running around for a whole minute, you can read through suggestions and vote.

 

It would be a good way to get feedback, but that's it. In most cases, the community has no clue what's good for the game (Claymores! Choppers! Ziplines! rocket launchers! I could go on).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 10:32 PM, Thread said:

Cant compare non battle royale game with a battle royale game...

 

 

lol, and why? a game is a game. Obviously one game has a better attention span than another which means they are doing something right. I would think the majority of people who play games are recreational and play a much more wide genre of games where a smaller percentage take it seriously and professionally. Your statement is way to vague. An opinion at best with no explanation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 3:14 AM, Reyivour said:

Whilst playing Oldschool Runescape, i have come to realise that it has an incredible voting system to improve its gameplay, that could perhaps be implemented in Pubg.

It goes by: The developers pick out suggestions to improve/change stuff about the game and list them up in an ingame voting system where player could vote yes or no, If a suggestion gets over 75% of Yes-votes it'll be implemented.

This ''ingame voting system'' could probably be added to the lobby where instead of running around for a whole minute, you can read through suggestions and vote.

It is a good idea... wish it could follow through someday because then, obviously, we would be getting what we need/want vs. cool factor useless things like candy cane flight paths and futuristic halo readouts in our digital displays. 

Edited by Saldacious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...