• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How long have you noticed it for?

• Just Recently
    • 1+ Month
    • 5+ Months
    • Since it started, around a year ago.

Posted (edited)

See Poll - IDK about you guys, but I am SICK AND TIRED of having my audio screwed with when I get out of a vehicle and it stays running (glitch, not literal) and can be heard over long distances that normally you can't hear an idling vehicle from. 

This should be number 3 priority (after Stability and Rendering) to get fixed ASAP. I'm sick of this being something the Devs are okay with having caused.

Sure, you can go back to the vehicle to kill the glitch, but that risks exposure after you just drove into an area where potential danger exists.

Edited by Dabomb123
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sometimes I re enter and exit the vehicle..it turns off the motor..at least for me it usually does the trick- but if I feel there is a risk- I will just run far away from it and sitback and watch for curious folks to check it out..like bait car!

Edited by Danester

17 minutes ago, Danester said:

Sometimes I re enter and exit the vehicle..it turns off the motor..at least for me it usually does the trick- but if I feel there is a risk- I will just run far away from it and sitback and watch for curious folks to check it out..like bait car!

generally, when this glitch happens it does not affect everyone. just you and maybe another player.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dabomb123 said:

See Poll - IDK about you guys, but I am SICK AND TIRED of having my audio screwed with when I get out of a vehicle and it stays running (glitch, not literal) and can be heard over long distances that normally you can't hear an idling vehicle from. 

This should be number 3 priority (after Stability and Rendering) to get fixed ASAP. I'm sick of this being something the Devs are okay with having caused.

Sure, you can go back to the vehicle to kill the glitch, but that risks exposure after you just drove into an area where potential danger exists.

It got me killed last night. The damn scooter was so loud, I never knew there was a guy 15 ft away. I went out to shut it off and got smoked.

Also cant hear my squad mates in party chat when in car again, seemed like it was fixed a few updates ago, now I have to adjust party chat volume again when in cars. Super annoying.

The key to shutting off the sound of a running vehicle is to jump on top of it. I know it's a pain in the ass but it beats having to listen to a running engine.

26 minutes ago, Rexminer said:

The key to shutting off the sound of a running vehicle is to jump on top of it. I know it's a pain in the ass but it beats having to listen to a running engine.

I think most of us know how to fix it, that's not the point. We shouldn't be responsible for risking our game to stop a glitch

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Danester said:

I will just run far away from it and sitback and watch for curious folks to check it out..like bait car!

As far as I know, only the person that was driving hears the engine running.

58 minutes ago, Dabomb123 said:

generally, when this glitch happens it does not affect everyone. just you and maybe another player.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to even affect your own squad, only seems to affect the driver.

There's a couple of other vehicle sound problems that need fixing too.

1. The squealing spawn motorbike. It jerks around, even though it's never been used, sounds like sports shoes constantly dragging across a polished wooden floor. I've noticed other spawn vehicles doing it now, some make a little crashing/bumping sound, like they're knocking against a wall and others chirp.

2. The overall ridiculous volume of vehicles when you're in them. Motorbikes/skidoos/snowbikes make sense to be loud but all the cars/trucks don't make any sense - 'realism' always gets thrown around with pubg but I've never seen a regular car where the engine is so loud that you can't talk to people if you're inside it. It's an awful noise.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

And the exploding after a slow roll/impact. It's just doesn't happen.

I doubt it would ever happened at 50-70mph unless you've soaked the car in fuel first.

And invisible textures 🤦‍♂️

17 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

And the exploding after a slow roll/impact. It's just doesn't happen.

I doubt it would ever happened at 50-70mph unless you've soaked the car in fuel first.

And invisible textures 🤦‍♂️

Yeah the vehicle explosions are kind of annoying. I think vehicles should just have health and once they are reduced to zero health, they just become inoperable, like if they were out of gas

Invisible textures aren't really what the issue is. The issue is sharp changes in grade in the terrain and the clearance of the tires to the front of the car won't make it, or the slope is too strong, so it acts like a wall, which in real life definitely would happen

• Like 1

I usually dont park near where i will be so it dont bother me much. If Im not a distance from the car someone probably spotted me already anyways.

One of the most annoying situations is when you are in a town towards the end of a game, and someone pulls a boat up onto shore to run into the town. The boat will stay running the whole rest of the game. This can really hinder your ability to hear footsteps. I've gotten used to tapping the vehicle every time I get out so mine always turn off, but something like this should have been fixed a year ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rexminer said:

When you get out of the vehicle wait one or two seconds and just bump into the vehicle. Works the same and you don't have to get in or jump on top. Much quicker and might save you from getting shot. You can also shoot a tire out and that will work. That works great on the squealing bikes as well. 

The worst part is the running motor noise isn’t heard by everyone around.  If it was consistent & was disadvantageous too everyone it wouldn’t be as big a deal.

Yesterday in duos I could hear a bike running, but my duo partner couldn’t and he was right beside me.

Very frustrating that this glitch still exists after being in the game for over a year.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jack_Burton said:

The worst part is the running motor noise isn’t heard by everyone around.  If it was consistent & was disadvantageous too everyone it wouldn’t be as big a deal.

Yesterday in duos I could hear a bike running, but my duo partner couldn’t and he was right beside me.

Very frustrating that this glitch still exists after being in the game for over a year.

You’re the first person besides me that I’ve seen mention this. I think whoever drives the vehicle in keeps the sound, but the other duo/squad members don’t if they arrive separately 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rexminer said:

You don't even have to do that. Just bump into the vehicle and the sound will stop.

• Thanks 1

I’d hate to know how many times I’ve put myself in bad positions just to run up and touch a damn vehicle to get it to shut off. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Prinzar said:

You’re the first person besides me that I’ve seen mention this. I think whoever drives the vehicle in keeps the sound, but the other duo/squad members don’t if they arrive separately 

I never thought of that.  I was the driver...you might be onto something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack_Burton said:

I never thought of that.  I was the driver...you might be onto something.

Pretty sure you dont have to be driving to have had this glitch occur.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dabomb123 said:

Pretty sure you dont have to be driving to have had this glitch occur.

Have you drove to an area separately from your duo/squad partner? Give that way a try and see if you can hear your teammates car running. I reckon they will hear their car, but you wont

3 minutes ago, Prinzar said:

Have you drove to an area separately from your duo/squad partner? Give that way a try and see if you can hear your teammates car running. I reckon they will hear their car, but you wont

I mean ive had someone come into the complex i was "tactically holding position" at and i could hear their vehicle after they got out. 

its also not every single time you get out of a vehicle that this happens, its like a 60/30 chance it occurs

Touching a vehicle that keeps running is enough to turn it off

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dwp said:

Touching a vehicle that keeps running is enough to turn it off

And having to leave cover to do this is bs.  Devs turn off the engines please.  Thanks.

5 hours ago, Dabomb123 said:

Yeah the vehicle explosions are kind of annoying. I think vehicles should just have health and once they are reduced to zero health, they just become inoperable, like if they were out of gas

Invisible textures aren't really what the issue is. The issue is sharp changes in grade in the terrain and the clearance of the tires to the front of the car won't make it, or the slope is too strong, so it acts like a wall, which in real life definitely would happen

Inoperable rather than fireball. I'd definitely prefer that.

I know, most of them aren't invisible but some of the textures you can explode on are ridiculous.

It's not just about the front of the vehicle clearing it though. You can still hit those textures with a motorbike and, unlike with the cars, there's no part of the bike for it to hit.

Also, I've had a vehicle blow up in a flat field before (the fields with the dirt rows), even though there's no angular terrain or elevation changes there.

And I've had a buggy explode at 0 miles an hour because it had a wheel caught against something. As soon as I tried to drive away, it started shaking and then exploded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColonicBoom said:

Inoperable rather than fireball. I'd definitely prefer that.

I know, most of them aren't invisible but some of the textures you can explode on are ridiculous.

It's not just about the front of the vehicle clearing it though. You can still hit those textures with a motorbike and, unlike with the cars, there's no part of the bike for it to hit.

Also, I've had a vehicle blow up in a flat field before (the fields with the dirt rows), even though there's no angular terrain or elevation changes there.

And I've had a buggy explode at 0 miles an hour because it had a wheel caught against something. As soon as I tried to drive away, it started shaking and then exploded.

yeah the buggy is the worst offender. I remember i was spinning in the air so violently one time, it just exploded in mid air hahaha

• Haha 1