Sign in to follow this  
Reyivour

Multiple Suggestions To Improve Gameplay

Posted (edited)

The new developers of pubg are doing an incredible job, posting updates every 2 to 3 weeks. But for every game to have its playerbase grow further it needs to keep improving the game by more frequent updates.

*Adding of a deathmath mode like many other fps games, where you instantly spawn after death and can choose whatever weapon you want to play with.

*Adding a matchmaking ping queue slider where you can adjust the maximum ping the server you are queuing for has.

*Slight increasement to headshot damage (Maybe 1.15 multiplier) to all Smgs/Assault rifles, where it would be very rewarding for those clicking on heads, since you would need less body shots to kill with a higher headshot damage.

*Adding a customizable crosshair to both the holographic and the red-dot sights (length , thickness, dot etc.)

*The nerfing of grenades (opinoniated by many people, including all of the pros). Grenades are too overpowered and so inconsistent in this state. Pubg is the only battle royale game where grenades are so damn overpowered.

* *Very Important* *Increasing the tickrate of pubg matchmaking servers. Shots not registering, alot of desync and somewhere choppy movement (not smooth) are due to the low tickrate of pubg servers. (maybe increase the tickrate to 64)

*Adding a sight to the tommy gun. When a player is running an Smg setup, they would always go for the ump/vector, the tommy gun is the worst smg of all (Bullet speed of 280m/s), adding a sight to it would make it somewhat more viable.

*Adding two separate special sections for both grenades/molotovs and cars in the training camp. it is so frustrating when people start molotoving/grenading you making you unable to shoot/see because of the fire/impact.

People driving cars into you are also so annoying since they can push you around.

*Make the grass 2D-modeled in all maps (like csgo perhaps), this would improve fps and wouldn't ever be noticed until you literally hug the grass and start going around it.

Edited by Reyivour

Posted (edited)

*Adding of a deathmath mode like many other fps games, where you instantly spawn after death and can choose whatever weapon you want to play with.

Already exists in custom matches. but you mean in public matches? Nah it would just increase matchmaking times even more.

*Slight increasement to headshot damage (Maybe 1.15 multiplier) to all Smgs/Assault rifles, where it would be very rewarding for those clicking on heads, since you would need less body shots to kill with a higher headshot damage.

No for me. This game already has high headshot damage. 2,3 for ARS and 2,5 for SRS. It's absolutely high enough. For smgs it's lower yes. I wouldn't even mind lowering it. There's many games that has 1.5 - 2.

*Adding a customizable crosshair to both the holographic and the red-dot sights (length , thickness, dot etc.)

Good idea

*The nerfing of grenades (opinoniated by many people, including all of the pros). Grenades are too overpowered and so inconsistent in this state. Pubg is the only battle royale game where grenades are so damn overpowered.

I actually like grenades, but I would be ok with an 10-20% nerf to damage I guess...

* *Very Important* *Increasing the tickrate of pubg matchmaking servers. Shots not registering, alot of desync and somewhere choppy movement (not smooth) are due to the low tickrate of pubg servers. (maybe increase the tickrate to 64)

I think everybody wants better tickrate

*Adding a sight to the tommy gun. When a player is running an Smg setup, they would always go for the ump/vector, the tommy gun is the worst smg of all (Bullet speed of 280m/s), adding a sight to it would make it somewhat more viable.

Agree. Hate this gun for this reason. AND the vertical recoil

*Make the grass 2D-modeled in all maps (like csgo perhaps), this would improve fps and wouldn't ever be noticed until you literally hug the grass and start going around it.

I guess but I really dislike the grass in general. I think they should like cut it in half lol. I really don't like being able to prone 5m away from someone and they are not able to see you.

Edited by Willitz

@Reyivour

FYI Higher tickrates only have a significant impact on low ping vs low ping interactions. Going from 40Hz to 60Hz only shaves 9ms off update timings and for the majority of game time you're only receiving an additional 10 packets.

The whole point of increasing tickrate is to reduce the distance moved per update, thus increase precision. You only achieve this if the player sending movement updates to the server has a low ping. Otherwise the increase in tick is a burden on the server... more harm than good.

e.g.

30ms player has a 15ms packet travel time to the server and vice versa.

200ms player has a 100ms packet travel time to the server and vice versa.

At 60Hz tick you'd send a packet to the server every 16.67ms

At 40Hz tick you'd send a packet to the server every 25ms

@ 60Hz Low pinger delay would be 15ms + 16.67 (31.67ms)

@ 30Hz Low pinger delay would be 15ms + 25 (40ms)

@ 60Hz High pinger delay would be 100ms + 16.67 (116.67ms)

@ 30Hz High pinger delay would be 100ms + 25 (125ms)

Which has more impact on delay? The tickrate or the High pinger

60Hz example

HP sends a movement update to the server at tick....Travel time + tick delay = 116.67ms

Server processes the packet = ~1ms

At next Tick the Server sends the LP the updated position... Travel time + tick delay = 31.67ms

Total delay (travel time and replication delays) = (116.67 + 31.67+ 1)....149.34ms

30Hz example

HP sends a movement update to the server at tick....Travel time + tick delay = 125ms

At next Tick the Server sends the LP the updated position... Travel time + tick delay = 40ms

Total delay (travel time and replication delays) = (125 + 40+ 1)....166ms

Difference ....

166 - 149.34 = 16.66ms ......

So by increasing the server load another 33% you shaved 16.66ms off an update. By which is only going to matter when both players have super low pings.

You can do the math again for low ping vs low ping and see the difference there.

For increased tickrates at 60Hz and up the players on the server need to have pings that will allow for updates to get to the server in 1 to 2 ticks for any real benefit to be had.

@ 60Hz ... sub 64ms .... sub 31ms is prime.

@ 120Hz ...sub 32ms ... sub 16ms is prime.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

@Reyivour

FYI Higher tickrates only have a significant impact on low ping vs low ping interactions. Going from 40Hz to 60Hz only shaves 9ms off update timings and for the majority of game time you're only receiving an additional 10 packets.

The whole point of increasing tickrate is to reduce the distance moved per update, thus increase precision. You only achieve this if the player sending movement updates to the server has a low ping. Otherwise the increase in tick is a burden on the server... more harm than good.

e.g.

30ms player has a 15ms packet travel time to the server and vice versa.

200ms player has a 100ms packet travel time to the server and vice versa.

At 60Hz tick you'd send a packet to the server every 16.67ms

At 40Hz tick you'd send a packet to the server every 25ms

@ 60Hz Low pinger delay would be 15ms + 16.67 (31.67ms)

@ 30Hz Low pinger delay would be 15ms + 25 (40ms)

@ 60Hz High pinger delay would be 100ms + 16.67 (116.67ms)

@ 30Hz High pinger delay would be 100ms + 25 (125ms)

Which has more impact on delay? The tickrate or the High pinger

60Hz example

HP sends a movement update to the server at tick....Travel time + tick delay = 116.67ms

At next Tick the Server sends the LP the updated position... Travel time + tick delay = 31.67ms

Total delay (travel time and replication delays) = (116.67 + 31.67+ 1)....149.34ms

30Hz example

HP sends a movement update to the server at tick....Travel time + tick delay = 125ms

At next Tick the Server sends the LP the updated position... Travel time + tick delay = 40ms

Total delay (travel time and replication delays) = (125 + 40+ 1)....166ms

Difference ....

166 - 149.34 = 16.66ms ......

So by increasing the server load another 33% you shaved 16.66ms off an update. By which is only going to matter when both players have super low pings.

You can do the math again for low ping vs low ping and see the difference there.

For increased tickrates at 60Hz and up the players on the server need to have pings that will allow for updates to get to the server in 1 to 2 ticks for any real benefit to be had.

@ 60Hz ... sub 64ms .... sub 31ms is prime.

@ 120Hz ...sub 32ms ... sub 16ms is prime.

Yes very true, that is why i asked for a ping matchmaking slider, and the tickrate would only help the case and not make it worse.

Grass is fine as it is. 

Tommy gun is fine, with a 50rd hicap mag its lethal, stick on a vert and its uber powered. Adding a red dot sight will make it massively OP and not true to the gun. Love the Tommy gun, less fuss!

Adding customisation crosshairs is something we already have, you can change brightness and some of them, the colour. Which is close as true to the realsteel versions. No need to change. 

Grenades are fine as they are. Overpowered? Have you ever seen a grenade go off? If you are even close to one you are going to suffer badly! That is the entire point of them. In game they have a heavy weight penalty and that's more than enough. 

On 5/16/2019 at 12:26 PM, Willitz said:

I guess but I really dislike the grass in general. I think they should like cut it in half lol. I really don't like being able to prone 5m away from someone and they are not able to see you.

erm...isn't that the point of the long grass!! Are you guys so bored that you are now picking on the grass lol... The long grass is placed in positions where you might need cover, you know, like an open field.  The one thing I don't like that needs fixing is blades of grass blocking scope vision. Just doesn't happen in real life due to magnification...but then, its a game so I get over it. 

Literally my only thing I would like to see adding/fixing is leaning over ledges/balconies/boxes etc. so you can effectively shoot over the balcony with a recoil penalty for not having the weapon shouldered. 

Its not about being bored, I just don't like the grass being that high. And alot of people agrees. And dude, it's all over Erangel, so it's not just in some positions.

Posted (edited)

I'd like to see a map that doesn't take itself seriously. Just create a crazy amusement park type map with all sorts of crazy things. I'd just love it if there was somewhere in the game that took itself a little less seriously. In the Open Access days a lot of the fun occurred due to bugs and people just trying crazy things. Now a lot of that is gone and the game is too serious. Something needs to be done to lighten things up, even if it's just a silly map with all sorts of experimental things.

In terms of the Tommy gun, I'd love it if it had a sight, BUT I don't think the real thing can have a sight mounted on it or at least not without having to mod the thing beyond what anyone would be able to do in the field. 

Personally, I'd love to see a general improvement in the way iron sights work. This is a problem in every game in that iron sights aren't realistic in how a person sees. The player should focus on the front sight and everything outside of the main focus should be blurred, but also visible since both eyes are putting together the image in front of you. This would actually allow for the player to see targets a bit more easily since you can actually see what you're shooting at rather than a big gun blocking your view.

Grenades are tough only because they work well to flush campers out of houses. Otherwise, I'd agree 100% about giving them a nerf and making them more of a way to soften up targets before attacking. Of course, the other issue is that healing can happen quickly enough that by the time you get to your enemy they could be healed.

Edited by Whiplash27

1 hour ago, Whiplash27 said:

I'd like to see a map that doesn't take itself seriously. Just create a crazy amusement park type map with all sorts of crazy things. I'd just love it if there was somewhere in the game that took itself a little less seriously. In the Open Access days a lot of the fun occurred due to bugs and people just trying crazy things. Now a lot of that is gone and the game is too serious. Something needs to be done to lighten things up, even if it's just a silly map with all sorts of experimental things.

In terms of the Tommy gun, I'd love it if it had a sight, BUT I don't think the real thing can have a sight mounted on it or at least not without having to mod the thing beyond what anyone would be able to do in the field. 

Personally, I'd love to see a general improvement in the way iron sights work. This is a problem in every game in that iron sights aren't realistic in how a person sees. The player should focus on the front sight and everything outside of the main focus should be blurred, but also visible since both eyes are putting together the image in front of you. This would actually allow for the player to see targets a bit more easily since you can actually see what you're shooting at rather than a big gun blocking your view.

Grenades are tough only because they work well to flush campers out of houses. Otherwise, I'd agree 100% about giving them a nerf and making them more of a way to soften up targets before attacking. Of course, the other issue is that healing can happen quickly enough that by the time you get to your enemy they could be healed.

Have you seen the iron sight of the beryl? you could barely see the screen. i would really like to have iron-sights improved. A big +1 for that idea. 

8 hours ago, Reyivour said:

Yes very true, that is why i asked for a ping matchmaking slider, and the tickrate would only help the case and not make it worse.

Matchmaking already tries to put you into the lowest ping queue by default. Servers are fed lowest ping first and upward until its filled. That's part of "Ping Prioritization".

Adding a slider won't change anything other than you toggling it around and queueing for potentially eternity. It would be a pointless addition to the UI and MM. A waste.

You're only ever going to be sent to the lowest pinged (best connection) data center, unless you're in duo/squad. Then it's based on the group.

4 hours ago, quango2k said:

Grass is fine as it is. 

Tommy gun is fine, with a 50rd hicap mag its lethal, stick on a vert and its uber powered. Adding a red dot sight will make it massively OP and not true to the gun. Love the Tommy gun, less fuss!

Adding customisation crosshairs is something we already have, you can change brightness and some of them, the colour. Which is close as true to the realsteel versions. No need to change. 

Grenades are fine as they are. Overpowered? Have you ever seen a grenade go off? If you are even close to one you are going to suffer badly! That is the entire point of them. In game they have a heavy weight penalty and that's more than enough. 

erm...isn't that the point of the long grass!! Are you guys so bored that you are now picking on the grass lol... The long grass is placed in positions where you might need cover, you know, like an open field.  The one thing I don't like that needs fixing is blades of grass blocking scope vision. Just doesn't happen in real life due to magnification...but then, its a game so I get over it. 

Literally my only thing I would like to see adding/fixing is leaning over ledges/balconies/boxes etc. so you can effectively shoot over the balcony with a recoil penalty for not having the weapon shouldered. 

Realistically yes you suffer badly but its shrapnel and as long as you are 5 metres away from the impact do you know how much less shrapnel you are going to get hit by?

Grenades are so overpowered in pubg in comparision to other BR:s i said. And yes they actually are. They are a 1 hit kill no matter what if the grenade is in the 5 meter zone: Cooking grenades makes it impossible to the enemy player to survive if he doesn't know the position of his opponent.

They should soften up players as @Whiplash27 said, maybe leave a player's health 1 hit away if it comes in the 5 meter area, any closer would result in a kill. As for now the grenades really are too overpowered, level 3 gear wouldn't even save you, smh.

• RIP 1

3 minutes ago, Reyivour said:

Realistically yes you suffer badly but its shrapnel and as long as you are 5 metres away from the impact do you know how much less shrapnel you are going to get hit by?

Grenades are so overpowered in pubg in comparision to other BR:s i said. And yes they actually are. They are a 1 hit kill no matter what if the grenade is in the 5 meter zone: Cooking grenades makes it impossible to the enemy player to survive if he doesn't know the position of his opponent.

They should soften up players as @Whiplash27 said, maybe leave a player's health 1 hit away if it comes in the 5 meter area, any closer would result in a kill. As for now the grenades really are too overpowered, level 3 gear wouldn't even save you, smh.

PubG leans toward realism. Those other BR's (BF Firestorm the exception) lean toward fantasy. But even BF is starting to get a bit soft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rev0verDrive said:

PubG leans toward realism. Those other BR's (BF Firestorm the exception) lean toward fantasy. But even BF is starting to get a bit soft.

Not at all, The kill radius of a grenade in real life is 2-4 meters (that is obviously with the exception of armour and helmet), with armour and a helmet you are protecting your vital organs, meaning that you suddenly have a lot higher probability of surviving the grenade impact, if you want to talk realistic.

All of the other BR:s are much more realistic when it comes to grenades than pubg.

6 minutes ago, Reyivour said:

Not at all, The kill radius of a grenade in real life is 2-4 meters (that is obviously with the exception of armour and helmet), with armour and a helmet you are protecting your vital organs, meaning that you suddenly have a lot higher probability of surviving the grenade impact, if you want to talk realistic.

All of the other BR:s are much more realistic when it comes to grenades than pubg.

Kill radius is 5 meters (16 feet). Casualty radius is 15 meters (49 feet).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rev0verDrive said:

Kill radius is 5 meters (16 feet). Casualty radius is 15 meters (49 feet).

Exactly, those are all numbers with exception of armour & helmets. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Reyivour said:

Exactly, those are all numbers with exception of armour & helmets. 

https://forums.pubg.com/topic/248759-pc-10-updated-14-update-6518/

PubG lethal damage radius is 3.5m which is Less than IRL kill radius. Armor in game is Back and Chest "Plates" the rest of the vest isn't bulletproof.

With explosions ... grenades etc... a lot of the lethal damage is the "Blast over pressure", not just the shrapnel aspects. Last I checked the game didn't have full body armor (Blast Suits). There's also areas of the body in game that aren't protected. Arms, Legs, Neck, Waist, Face. All can take direct full damage.

Nades are fine.

Edited by Rev0verDrive
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rev0verDrive said:

https://forums.pubg.com/topic/248759-pc-10-updated-14-update-6518/

PubG lethal damage radius is 3.5m which is Less than IRL kill radius. Armor in game is Back and Chest "Plates" the rest of the vest isn't bulletproof.

With explosions ... grenades etc... a lot of the lethal damage is the "Blast over pressure", not just the shrapnel aspects. Last I checked the game didn't have full body armor (Blast Suits). There's also areas of the body in game that aren't protected. Arms, Legs, Neck, Waist, Face. All can take direct full damage.

Nades are fine.

Do you actually know what you are talking about? because iam sure you don't. Firstly where  does it say in the update notes that its lethal  radius is 3.5m. IF i read anything it says that they removed the grenades knockback effect and instead increased its effective range and damage, which is insane. I've been killed by grenades before in distances well > 5 meters (not 3.5m) my friend.

Grenades aren't fine, they are inconsistent, overpowered and unrealistic.

1 minute ago, Reyivour said:

Do you actually know what you are talking about? because iam sure you don't. Firstly where  does it say in the update notes that its lethal  radius is 3.5m. IF i read anything it says that they removed the grenades knockback effect and instead increased its effective range and damage, which is insane. I've been killed by grenades before in distances well > 5 meters (not 3.5m) my friend.

3.5 meters is not == 3.5 feet. it's roughly 10 feet. So basically a 20 foot diameter hemisphere with you at the center.

Realistic would be LETHAL damage (dead) at 5m radius ... 10m diameter.

2.jpg.cb79be230b1673980947020579b54d19.j

1 hour ago, Reyivour said:

They ARE fine. Just because YOU don't think they are doesn't make it so. Maybe you were already damaged when you got hit at that extreme range. There are also objects which will help deflect the damage output of the grenade.

Grenades are about timing. Don't hit that timing right and they're nothing more than noise cover. If someone is throwing a grenade you can hear and see it. I've literally watched a grenade get thrown over a rock that someone was hiding behind and ran under the nade to get closer to the thrower. Then he steps out thinking i'm further out and I yell surprise <samuelljacksonquote> as I shoot him.

17 minutes ago, xTekx_1 said:

They ARE fine. Just because YOU don't think they are doesn't make it so. Maybe you were already damaged when you got hit at that extreme range. There are also objects which will help deflect the damage output of the grenade.

Grenades are about timing. Don't hit that timing right and they're nothing more than noise cover. If someone is throwing a grenade you can hear and see it. I've literally watched a grenade get thrown over a rock that someone was hiding behind and ran under the nade to get closer to the thrower. Then he steps out thinking i'm further out and I yell surprise <samuelljacksonquote> as I shoot him.

They ARE NOT fine. Just because YOU think it is doesn't make it so.

See how that works?

10 minutes ago, Revolver_Ocelot said:

They ARE NOT fine. Just because YOU think it is doesn't make it so.

See how that works?

Touche. I still think they are just fine.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:07 AM, Reyivour said:

Is this a shot at players who use the grass to hide in?

6 hours ago, xTekx_1 said:

Is this a shot at players who use the grass to hide in?

Exactly 😛

7 hours ago, xTekx_1 said:

just because i think so?, literally every pro think that they are overpowered and want them to get reworked, they are the ones putting 1000 of hours into the game and know better than us moderate gamers who has couple of 1000 hours combined in gaming.

List and quote every pro that thinks they are overpowered. I have never heard a single player, pro or otherwise say they are overpowered. 

FYI,  in real life, armour or not if you are within 10 meters of a real M67 or similar frag, you are in a seriously bad way. Maybe not dead, but majorly incapacitated. If the shrapnel in the extremities doesn't kill you from a bleed out, then the shockwave will from internals. 

All they may need to do is maybe decrease the spawn rate, or make them take more space in the bag. I generally carry two to four until the last couple of circles then I will collect as many as I can and dump ammo, secondary gun etc.