THExREVERENDx

This game needs Ranked playlist

Posted (edited)

I know I’ll get response stating that it will separate matchmaking and increase wait times for lobbies, but it’s needed. 

Have it setup that that you play so many placement matches. Then it gives you a number rank based on how many kills and your overall placement. 

Once you you have a rank, depending on how well you did compared to your last match played, you either increase rank or drop.  Match players of similar rank into games.

If you play duos or squads, take the average rank of all players in the group. Or you could have separate ranks for each mode. 

Edited by THExREVERENDx

Its been argued before. Everyone should have a rank as a player and that should be used for all games TPP, FPP, solo , duo squads. The easiest is one based on k/d ratio. Matchmaking will be used when there is a decent pool of players and in order to keep queues manageable when there is limited players available matchmaking would have to be less stringent. Maybe rank everyone rank 1 to 100 and make sure everyone can find out what level their opponents are. Simply make it a rolling average of k/d ratio so cheaters are quicky promoted after just one game and not use the worse players as cannon fodder. 

• Like 2

Players should 100% have a rank based on skill as far as you can call it that, kills/wins etc. are a very rough metric in a Battle Royale.

But they definitely should not be separated into an another playlist, evvveryone should be ranked and placed accordingly.

10 hours ago, Destru said:

Players should 100% have a rank based on skill as far as you can call it that, kills/wins etc. are a very rough metric in a Battle Royale.

But they definitely should not be separated into an another playlist, evvveryone should be ranked and placed accordingly.

The simplest way and easiest way is to rank all players on  k/d ratio - a running average that may be reset to zero for everyone each season. Of course they could add in how many chicken dinners and say top ten finishes as a factor but it needs to be simple to understand and each player must be aware at what level they are as a player. PUBG can provide more detailed statistics to allow players to compare to each other but not for matchmaking. If you have say levels 1 to 100 then players will be ranked and told after each game if its changed. PUBG can split the player database k/d ratio into 1% segments. For example at the start of the season when everyone is ranked 0. First game player gets 15 kills they will probably ranked a level 100 player for matchmaking. If they don't get a kill for the next game they will have a k/d ratio of 1.5 and drop accordingly. Cheaters and good players will immediately rise outside the players who are new to the game or a poor player. Players must accept that if the player pool is low then matchmaking must adjust accordingly 

At this point they can`t separate matchmaking anymore because of queue times and i`m wondering how they want to get all the competetive players back. I guess like 80% of those players left to GLL and Faceit to play ranked. Given that PUBG Corp didn`t mention ranked or improving the point system for more than half a year now i`m honestly not even sure if they are working on anything like that. So if you want ranked than go for GLL or Faceit. At least third party sites are able to do it.

They don't need to complicate things, it's simple to me.

If you start a match using "Quick Match": Unranked

If you select a map: You will be placed to ranked matches.

Unranked: 100 players

Ranked: 80/64 or less (for solo matches).

Or they can make both, starting with less players. To compensate this split, between ranked and unranked.

Anyway, something must be done ... they can't force all matches to be ranked, that's for sure. People will want to chill out, not everytime full tryhard mode.

No need of a matchmaking based on mmr ... this will destroy the game and will be hard to find a match, especially at higher ranks. But how this must look like?

If you have a low rank and you are doing a good match ... you'll get more points than a guy with a higher rank in the same situation. (Obvious)

To keep growing ... the main thing is to be consistent. Not top 3 and 5 kills this match ..and next one. 0 kills and 93 place.

Chickens should give you a good boost ... your points must secure your back at least for 3 games. (dead in first mins with no kills) OR even more ... let's be fair, winning will be hard on a true ranking system.

The most accurately thing from where they need to start "making" a point system is: Damage Dealt

You start from this with a strong point system, like ... i don;t know ... maybe 100 dmg deal = 2 points ..adding the place point to this and after that ... secured kills, knockdowns and assists.

100 dmg dealt, no kill = 2 points

100 dmg dealt + kill = 3 points

200 dmg deal + 1 kill + 1 knockdown + 1 assists = 6 points. (0.5 knockdowns, 0.5 assists)

Those 6 points and ...let's say rank 9 = Maybe 10 points ... 4for place. The survival place should be important ... but if you are active, you will rank faster and easier.

Depends of people ... better having 3 good matches or going to play all day ..like 20 or more matches for the same points? Your choice.

Damage Dealt > Placement > Kills > Knockdowns > Assists

If you do a lot of dmg, most of the times you will secure kills also. So, don't ask why it's the 3rd stat or whatever.

Dmg dealt and placements are the most accurate stats. With dmg deal (kills, knockdowns and assits will obviously come) ... and placement (another important points for survival)

My opinion.

• remove mapselection
  • mmr matchmaking based by the average survived time
  • 1 minute matchmakinglock penalty for lobby quitters

18 hours ago, NeedYourLoot said:

I see what you are suggesting here, but that would completely eliminate the entire purpose of quick join feature (which is to get you into a game as quickly as possible)

1 hour ago, Takarii said:

I see what you are suggesting here, but that would completely eliminate the entire purpose of quick join feature (which is to get you into a game as quickly as possible)

Think there is any possible way that the devs can add a time feature for quick join? Meaning that..

Ok. I'm in NA. When I play at 6am I can't find a game so I'm shoved off immediately to another region. How about adding a player chosen time box. Something that the player can choose to wait for their own region before getting pushed to another one. Can be a box that has choices from 1min to 5min. Still on the quick join option or just under it on the UI.

Clicking the big quick join puts the player in the fastest game. Using the options of waiting 1 to 5 mins means that the game will wait that long for a local region game before just shoving them off to another region.

Probably not possible or even probable. Just a thought. Let the player choose before people like myself getting shoved off to as server immediately. I'd rather wait a bit for something locally first.

19 hours ago, NeedYourLoot said:

The key component is the number of available players in the queue. The current position is fine its just the ranking system that is rubbish. Every player should be ranked and the objective of the matchmaking system should aim to match players at the same level to deliver a game as fast as possible. Players should know what the formula for the ranking system is and what their personal rank is.