Sign in to follow this  
chinit

Desync

Posted (edited)

Yes but some times it's less than now. At this time it's horrible and fell worst than ever , IMAO

Edited by chinit

Yes it's crazy right now. Which region are you playing on? On EU it's just crazy.

Aren't people somewhat misinterpreting desync? Isn't it mostly a visual sync anomaly related to delays between the actions of interacting players and what they see from their respective clients? From my understanding, in these desync situations, desync'd players were exposed when the desyncing player killed them or hit them. Otherwise, they wouldn't have died or been hit "behind cover." I'm not saying fixing desync shouldn't be a priority, but it seems the only thing fixing desync would do is allow your client to show you your death before you went behind cover. In any of those situations, you were still going to be hit or die, right? Desync just allowed you to be alive (or unscathed) for a tiny bit longer, no??

Seems that when players die behind cover, they think they were screwed over or could've done something differently if only desync didn't exist, but how true is this, for the most part? This happens a lot when someone is running out in the open and someone is firing at them. They're dodging bullets, and then, right when they think they've escaped the barrage of bullets and reached cover, they suddenly die and scream something like, "DESYNC! I WAS BEHIND COVER, WTF GAME?!!!" But if desync didn't exist and everything unfolded in the exact same fashion, would they survive?? It seems nothing would've changed.

In another common situation -- holding peeks -- an enemy player peeks and sees the player holding the peek and shoots them before they can truly react (if the quick-peeking player hit all their shots). The peek-holding player, who's now getting shot, will see the quick-peeking player after they're already being shot, or after they're already pretty much dead, but they can still perform actions like shooting, even though it's not true to reality.

There are issues that arise from the significant delays between interacting clients, but even in the biggest competitive FPS game (CSGO), this is a thing with online play. This isn't a PUBG thing. And if you reference another game that you feel doesn't have it, remember that and when they fix this, I think the main thing it'll be doing is allowing you to die sooner, before you can move behind cover when you're already dead.

Many players take this anomaly into significant consideration when taking battles, and when they do, they will probably succeed much more than people who don't understand how it works. Personally, I only hold peeks/angles when I feel I'm certain they don't know where I am (and I know where they are). Otherwise, it's risky business to be holding peeks too long. Peeking and unpeeking quite often and changing your position frequently will significantly reduce how often you encounter "desync." And in my other example (desync while running in the open), try thinking ahead about your rotations; try minimizing how often you'll have to run considerable stretches in the open, so that you don't miraculously escape and die right after you reach cover. Remember that when players are running in the open, it's always easy to see the objects at which they're trying to reach cover, so if you're in a squad, remember how intuitive it is for everyone to spam right before the object that the unlucky players are running towards. So if a squad is missing tons of shots at the moving targets, having 2-4 players shooting the area right before the gap, right before the players reach that spot, is probably going to net some hits, even knocks, or an insta-kill.

Even if I'm somehow wrong on desync in this post, I surely know that my reaction to my understanding of it has ensured that I rarely ever encounter desync, even when I play in custom matches on euro servers and even Chinese servers.

3 hours ago, noofy said:

Aren't people somewhat misinterpreting desync? Isn't it mostly a visual sync anomaly related to delays between the actions of interacting players and what they see from their respective clients? From my understanding, in these desync situations, desync'd players were exposed when the desyncing player killed them or hit them. Otherwise, they wouldn't have died or been hit "behind cover." I'm not saying fixing desync shouldn't be a priority, but it seems the only thing fixing desync would do is allow your client to show you your death before you went behind cover. In any of those situations, you were still going to be hit or die, right? Desync just allowed you to be alive (or unscathed) for a tiny bit longer, no??

Seems that when players die behind cover, they think they were screwed over or could've done something differently if only desync didn't exist, but how true is this, for the most part? This happens a lot when someone is running out in the open and someone is firing at them. They're dodging bullets, and then, right when they think they've escaped the barrage of bullets and reached cover, they suddenly die and scream something like, "DESYNC! I WAS BEHIND COVER, WTF GAME?!!!" But if desync didn't exist and everything unfolded in the exact same fashion, would they survive?? It seems nothing would've changed.

In another common situation -- holding peeks -- an enemy player peeks and sees the player holding the peek and shoots them before they can truly react (if the quick-peeking player hit all their shots). The peek-holding player, who's now getting shot, will see the quick-peeking player after they're already being shot, or after they're already pretty much dead, but they can still perform actions like shooting, even though it's not true to reality.

There are issues that arise from the significant delays between interacting clients, but even in the biggest competitive FPS game (CSGO), this is a thing with online play. This isn't a PUBG thing. And if you reference another game that you feel doesn't have it, remember that and when they fix this, I think the main thing it'll be doing is allowing you to die sooner, before you can move behind cover when you're already dead.

Many players take this anomaly into significant consideration when taking battles, and when they do, they will probably succeed much more than people who don't understand how it works. Personally, I only hold peeks/angles when I feel I'm certain they don't know where I am (and I know where they are). Otherwise, it's risky business to be holding peeks too long. Peeking and unpeeking quite often and changing your position frequently will significantly reduce how often you encounter "desync." And in my other example (desync while running in the open), try thinking ahead about your rotations; try minimizing how often you'll have to run considerable stretches in the open, so that you don't miraculously escape and die right after you reach cover. Remember that when players are running in the open, it's always easy to see the objects at which they're trying to reach cover, so if you're in a squad, remember how intuitive it is for everyone to spam right before the object that the unlucky players are running towards. So if a squad is missing tons of shots at the moving targets, having 2-4 players shooting the area right before the gap, right before the players reach that spot, is probably going to net some hits, even knocks, or an insta-kill.

Even if I'm somehow wrong on desync in this post, I surely know that my reaction to my understanding of it has ensured that I rarely ever encounter desync, even when I play in custom matches on euro servers and even Chinese servers.

These two videos show exactly what desync is. The first goes over the technical, the second details it.

The only way to reduce or even eliminate desync is to ensure all players on a server are low ping.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Snorren said:

Yes it's crazy right now. Which region are you playing on? On EU it's just crazy.

Yes it's EU , i'm tired of this situation, ¿¿¿¿ 2 years to solve ??? I HAVE PLAYED 2700 HOURS, the result it's very very sad on my own , new Skins , new Batttle pass , but the same fail all the time. I don't understand this situation. 

The only way to reduce or even eliminate desync is to ensure all players on a server are low ping. 

Yes, but Bluehole does not do anything
Edited by chinit

52 minutes ago, chinit said:

This is true. I'm thinking they just can't do it period or else it would of been done long ago.

1 hour ago, chinit said:

Q: How do you lower ping values?

A: You increase regional coverage. Meaning you setup servers at more data centers.

Q: Why can't Bluehole do this?

A: Their network architecture uses AWS Gamelift servers. AWS GameLift servers are only available at specific data centers. Use of 3rd party providers has been done, but only in a limited capacity do to low player counts in the selected regions. Beyond that 3rd party services cost exponentially more.

Forcing low ping only on all current servers would drastically reduce player counts to 25% of the current peak globally. Negating 3rd party service costs and doing it anyway would reduce player base pools.

e.g. Say they opened a server on the West coast NA. Only players with a low enough ping (sub 60ms) could play on it. Let's also say the east coast server had the same ping threshold. How many players currently served by the NA East server (SA, Mexico, USA, Canada) could still play the game?