Sauud

Now we are 3 updates behind PC..

Posted (edited)

PC just got its 3rd update on test server and we still didnt get the ones before. Soon we will be waaay behind PC content. What happened of being behind pc content by 2-4 weeks @PUBG_Andymh5 ???

Edited by Sauud
  • Like 2

Just now, Ravellron said:

3 patch, we are waiting Patch #27 PC still.

Yeah i just saw that. Thats so messed up man

• Like 1

BH don’t care, the small team they have will be very profitable. Why would they change anything. 

Rendering speed is worse than it was a year ago, game crashing it back, DDOS, teaming. All much bigger problems. 

Let’s all just hope we jump right into weapon mastery. But this is BH so I doubt we will even get Erangal loot balance. 

• Like 2
  • RIP 2

Theyre 2 different teams, and for the love of God, who cares if PC is ahead they got the game before its logical that they will be always ahead, no one wants them (Xbox dev team) to start rushing updates like before and breaking the game badly again, if PC got a new update and we don't just be patient but this kind of post are pretty useless, let them work 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sauud said:

PC just got its 3rd update on test server and we still didnt get the ones before. Soon we will be waaay behind PC content. What happened of being behind pc content by 2-4 weeks @PUBG_Andymh5 ???

As has been said several times in recent days, an update is scheduled for this month. The date for when this will arrive has not yet been released.

The console versions have had some unique challenges that have required specific focus to resolve, which you can read about in the thread below

• Like 1
  • RIP 2
  • Thanks 1

Just imagine this scenario...

Two people start a race.

Person A starts the race months before the Person B... they move at the same speed.

18 months later.... who's in the lead?

🙄

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

Two people start a race.

Person A starts the race months before the Person B... they move at the same speed.

🙄

Great analogy, nail on head.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Takarii said:

As has been said several times in recent days, an update is scheduled for this month. The date for when this will arrive has not yet been released.

The console versions have had some unique challenges that have required specific focus to resolve, which you can read about in the thread below

The OG Xbox has problems. All the rendering issues on the X were created by fixes for the OG console. These could easily be removed for the X version instead of forcing us to use these so called fixes too. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Takarii said:

Thanks for all you do. Some of us understand you guys are just the messengers. I’m a patient person and it’s hard for me to fathom the patience you have to mod these forums. Some of us also understand that console requires more hurdles to jump to meet Sony and MS standards. Just know that you are appreciated. I trust that you will share any info you are allowed, when you are allowed to share. Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

It's not about PC being ahead, it's about the amount of updates PC have received vs the ones Xbox have received. I believe it's a 3 to 1 ratio in the span of about one month give or take. Clearly the resources are balanced in favor of PC and as an Xbox player that loves the game and supports it, even though it's current state isn't good, I feel left out and forgotten. 

Edited by TheHeroOfTime3D
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheHeroOfTime3D said:

It's not about PC being ahead, it's about the amount of updates PC have received vs the ones Xbox have received. I believe it's a 3 to 1 ratio in the span of about one month give or take. Clearly the resources are balanced in favor of PC and as an Xbox player that loves the game and supports it, even though it's current state isn't good, I feel left out and forgotten. 

If one product makes me 90% of my money and another product makes me 10% of my money... I'm probably going to be putting 90% of my time into the product making me 90% of my money. If PC to Xbox update ratios are 3:1... it sounds like we're doing alright. That's just my opinion and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there (that are obviously ignoring all logical thought) who will disagree with me.

Personally, I think the game is running better than it ever has for me. I've literally had no issues in a month or so. To each their own though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, spanker63 said:

[..] they move at the same speed.[...]

sure? 🤪

sorry... but your post was a (...we would say in germany something like...) steep template. 😂

Edited by wirtz23
  • Haha 1

Just now, wirtz23 said:

sure? 🤪

Valid point... but at the same time, I think you're getting the point I'm trying to make.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pick Six said:

The OG Xbox has problems. All the rendering issues on the X were created by fixes for the OG console. These could easily be removed for the X version instead of forcing us to use these so called fixes too. 

I'm just saying all the og xbox player you do know consoles have a 4 year life cycle  one the new xbox comes out your gonna have to get and x anyway so why fight the inevitable  this is why PC is more though of they upgrade to stay with the times the game problem are to fix the majority and duplicated issues not issue base off one person  play of xbox on the west coast  knowing the servers east coast while haveing 150 meg per second  internet with 5 meg upload  while running  mixer or twitch with other people  on there net work while not even hard line in and band steering and expecting a great experience. 

Edited by DeathSaint1Shot

I just want people to do a fare assessment  of what hardware there playing with and what internet speed there using  and then then ask your self am I limited by my refusal to upgrade  or not  these glitches  and problems  happen and I have the og xbox the s and the one I have split my network as a network engineer  and tested and tried to duplicate  some of the issues  and alot of the complaints about rendering and issues of glitching are hardware and internet connection  based  it's like me trying  to make blue hole fix an issue on PC and I'm running  an nvidia 640 m with bad internet connection  and getting killed all the time because  of dsink  or where you know you got shot cause  of network lag or performance lag. I see it all the time og xbox player using glitches to there advantage for the loot cave  but wanna complain about glitches.

@DeathSaint1Shot

you know the advantage for the developers, that there are only 3 possible hardware configurations on this platform?

The people don‘t need to search any problems with their hardware.

Rendering problems are not a problem of internet connection at all.

They have to fix many things, of course.

But the lack of communication is 1st problem of all.

Maybe they should set up the test server 1:1 to the live server and test things with the community. But not like the vikendi-thing. Communicate, hear some suggestions from the player base. 

Little steps. But progress people can see.

They working weeks on things and push it to live servers and then they need the same time to fix it. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

If one product makes me 90% of my money and another product makes me 10% of my money... I'm probably going to be putting 90% of my time into the product making me 90% of my money. If PC to Xbox update ratios are 3:1... it sounds like we're doing alright. That's just my opinion and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there (that are obviously ignoring all logical thought) who will disagree with me.

Personally, I think the game is running better than it ever has for me. I've literally had no issues in a month or so. To each their own though.

Same. Since I’ve had a SSD I’ve had no issues at all. I did notice I’d get frame drops if I used my internal hdd (Xbox One X). Usually because of stuff loading in around me as I reached the ground would cause the fps drops. I only noticed it when I did the test to see if people were telling the truth on these forums about rendering on the X internal. So not a issue for me haha.

Yes I noticed the new pc update this morning. We can't even get the ump45 and vector 9 but PC already has multiple updates after this. I'm sure a Dev will reply soon and say they appreciate our patience and working on a new update but has bugs still and trying to perfect it before they bring the console update out. Then a year from now the update will come up and require a hotfix to fix something that wasn't broken before update and then we will still be 30 updates behind PC forever!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, XxESCxXLUKE1333 said:

Yes I noticed the new pc update this morning. We can't even get the ump45 and vector 9 but PC already has multiple updates after this. I'm sure a Dev will reply soon and say they appreciate our patience and working on a new update but has bugs still and trying to perfect it before they bring the console update out. Then a year from now the update will come up and require a hotfix to fix something that wasn't broken before update and then we will still be 30 updates behind PC forever!

Nailed it! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pick Six said:

This is one thing I have always wondered about.  Cold there not be different versions of the game and you download one according to what xbox version you have?   Or is it too simple of a thought process?

5 hours ago, spanker63 said:

Two people start a race.

🙄

Im ok with being behind pc updates but the problem is the gap is getting bigger and bigger. Consoles used to be 1 update behind now its 3 who knows maybe in the future 5 - 6. If u ok with that im sure there’s alot who dont. 

The PC devs somehow got better but console devs are the same

Why complain since every update brings new issues?

How about some more hot fixes and no more updates till you fix the game. 

2 hours ago, DeathSaint1Shot said:

I just want people to do a fare assessment  of what hardware there playing with and what internet speed there using  and then then ask your self am I limited by my refusal to upgrade  or not  these glitches  and problems  happen and I have the og xbox the s and the one I have split my network as a network engineer  and tested and tried to duplicate  some of the issues  and alot of the complaints about rendering and issues of glitching are hardware and internet connection  based  it's like me trying  to make blue hole fix an issue on PC and I'm running  an nvidia 640 m with bad internet connection  and getting killed all the time because  of dsink  or where you know you got shot cause  of network lag or performance lag. I see it all the time og xbox player using glitches to there advantage for the loot cave  but wanna complain about glitches.

It’s cute that you assume people don’t upgrade just because they “refuse.” Has it ever occurred to you that some people still can’t afford $500 to get a system that does basically the same stuff as the system they already have? I mean, why doesn’t everyone just quit “refusing” to upgrade to PC? If I can just upgrade to whatever I want, whenever I want, why stop at one x? I personally could easily upgrade to the one x right now. But why the fook would I wanna spend $400-500 when the next gen console is about to drop in the near future? Just to suit whiny little pricks like you? Fook that noise. You can just deal with it yourself until the next gen console comes out. Then you don’t have to worry about it, yeah?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Sauud said:

Im ok with being behind pc updates but the problem is the gap is getting bigger and bigger. Consoles used to be 1 update behind now its 3 who knows maybe in the future 5 - 6. If u ok with that im sure there’s alot who dont. 

The PC devs somehow got better but console devs are the same

I'd be more concerned if the coding for the PC version and Xbox version were an apple to apple comparison. It isn't and has been stated as such. What is considered an issue on console isn't necessarily a problem on PC, hence console needs to have different fixes made to existing coding as well as the additional coding that is being added. Expecting something that takes more work to be completed in the same time frame as something that doesn't require as much work doesn't make much sense. That's like telling carpenter A to finish a house by certain date and then asking carpenter B to complete two houses in the same timeframe. It just doesn't work that way.

Edited by spanker63