It seems like they stopped caring all together about PUBG on console. We haven’t even had any updates on upcoming content and it don’t seem like they care to share with us where exactly PUBG on console will end up, cause right now it’s at a dead end lol. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

They have said a bunch of times that they are working on the rendering issues and working to optimise the game further. I don’t think they have much more to say about that as it will be done when it’s done (soon)... you can’t really put a fixed timescale on fixing bugs and they are obviously proving tough to remedy. Beyond that the game will continue to follow the update path of PC as it has since the beginning so if you want to know what’s coming I suggest you look at that, for example there’s a few weapon changes and an Erangal refresh.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Drip2Hard said:

It seems like they stopped caring all together about PUBG on console. We haven’t even had any updates on upcoming content and it don’t seem like they care to share with us where exactly PUBG on console will end up, cause right now it’s at a dead end lol. 

An update is due out this month that will address some of the rendering issues that players are experiencing. Further information as to what else that update will contain has not yet been announced, but everyone will be informed as soon as the information is ready to be released.

You can read about some of the things being worked on in the thread below

• Like 1

Holy crap... do all these new accounts honestly think they are the first to ask about updates? I mean damn... lurk a bit and do some reading.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spanker63 said:

Holy crap... do all these new accounts honestly think they are the first to ask about updates? I mean damn... lurk a bit and do some reading.

Far from new 😉 this game is done lmfao idc what they talking bout up there.

yes, I know about the weapon changes. Ump becomes ump45 and vector take 9mm. Mp5k isn’t even here yet and it’s been out for PC. We are not following PC idc how much they tell you we are 😂

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

16 minutes ago, Drip2Hard said:

Far from new 😉 this game is done lmfao idc what they talking bout up there.

yes, I know about the weapon changes. Ump becomes ump45 and vector take 9mm. Mp5k isn’t even here yet and it’s been out for PC. We are not following PC idc how much they tell you we are 😂

Up where?

Updates are great and all, but it's not what keeps me coming back and playing pubg. I couldn't care less what PC has at this point.. it doesn't affect me at all. If you're not enjoying the game, a new weapon isn't going to change that. You say you aren't new, so you must have seen that your question gets asked EVERY SINGLE DAY... and it gets answered EVERY SINGLE DAY. When they have something to share, they will share it. I don't like that answer as much as the rest of the people here, but asking it over and over again isn't going to change the same monotonous reply this question always receives.

As for the game being done... nah. I never have to wait more than 4 or 5 seconds to be placed into a lobby. That tells me that the player pool is relatively healthy (at least on the NA servers).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

Up where?

Updates are great and all, but it's not what keeps me coming back and playing pubg. I couldn't care less what PC has at this point.. it doesn't affect me at all. If you're not enjoying the game, a new weapon isn't going to change that. You say you aren't new, so you must have seen that your question gets asked EVERY SINGLE DAY... and it gets answered EVERY SINGLE DAY. When they have something to share, they will share it. I don't like that answer as much as the rest of the people here, but asking it over and over again isn't going to change the same monotonous reply this question always receives.

As for the game being done... nah. I never have to wait more than 4 or 5 seconds to be placed into a lobby. That tells me that the player pool is relatively healthy (at least on the NA servers).

We'll it's defiantly not healthy for fpp and I'm not playing that cheap camera peeking game type.

• Like 1
  • RIP 2

That link is from almost 3 weeks ago.  People who say updates aren't what keeps them coming back, YES, that's excatly what keeps people coming back.  The investment you have in the game is the to care whats on the horizon, improvements, new features, otherwise its "just another game" and that's exactly what PUBG is turning into.  I stopped playing in early March, came back about a week ago to the same broken game.  I really enjoy the game, but Vikendi was a bust (in my opinion) and was not worth the hype it was given.  The addition of the training grounds was a waste of resources.  The bison, worth it, the game has so much potential, STILL after almost 2 years, but Xbox and PS4 aren't getting the attention they deserve.  I get it, PC makes the money, will always make the money, but the whole "keeping console close to the PC updates" has been a joke.

I agree mostly, the game is GREAT, with flaws, but still better then anything else being put out for Xbox.  It would be nice if the communication would be better, because right now its Extremely sub par, at best.

8 minutes ago, KillaXShot said:

We'll it's defiantly not healthy for fpp and I'm not playing that cheap camera peeking game type.

Well have fun!

4 minutes ago, ZMan0614 said:

That link is from almost 3 weeks ago.  People who say updates aren't what keeps them coming back, YES, that's excatly what keeps people coming back.  The investment you have in the game is the to care whats on the horizon, improvements, new features, otherwise its "just another game" and that's exactly what PUBG is turning into.  I stopped playing in early March, came back about a week ago to the same broken game.  I really enjoy the game, but Vikendi was a bust (in my opinion) and was not worth the hype it was given.  The addition of the training grounds was a waste of resources.  The bison, worth it, the game has so much potential, STILL after almost 2 years, but Xbox and PS4 aren't getting the attention they deserve.  I get it, PC makes the money, will always make the money, but the whole "keeping console close to the PC updates" has been a joke.

I agree mostly, the game is GREAT, with flaws, but still better then anything else being put out for Xbox.  It would be nice if the communication would be better, because right now its Extremely sub par, at best.

I said updates don't keep ME coming back.

To me, its the game. I had rendering issues, so I picked up an SSD. It fixed it. I have the occasional frame drop, but that's about it. I come back because of how much fun my buddies and I have playing a game that is like no other. I have never (in any game I have ever played) had the same heart thumping adrenaline rush that the final circle provides like this one does. When I don't get that same feeling anymore, i'll bore of it and move on. I don't see that happening anytime soon though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KillaXShot said:

"We'll have fun"? Right.

TPP ruined this game, all the hardcore players play fpp shroud, drdisrespect, Esports. Everyone that plays TPP are wanna be "Good/Hardcore players".

LOL... i'm sorry, but streamers mean nothing to me. I play this game because I want to... and that is the only reason.

• Like 3

Just now, KillaXShot said:

Lmao your heart thumping and full of adrenaline in TPP 😂 , poor guy.

I'm sorry that your preferred game mode is dying. That must be a real bummer... but it's your bummer... not mine.

I hope you have another wonderful night at the menu screen waiting for a game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, KillaXShot said:

30 minutes ago, KillaXShot said:

"We'll have fun"? Right.

TPP ruined this game, all the hardcore players play fpp shroud, drdisrespect, Esports. Everyone that plays TPP are wanna be "Good/Hardcore players".

24 minutes ago, KillaXShot said:

Lmao your heart thumping and full of adrenaline in TPP 😂 , poor guy.

You sound like that one other guy who doesn't seem to be around the forums anymore + new account. Do you just live for flaming TPP players? 
Also in case you were born under a rock and never crept out - TPP was the foundation for this game. FPP came AFTER TPP. so saying "TPP ruined this game" is 100% patently false

21 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

I'm sorry that your preferred game mode is dying. That must be a real bummer... but it's your bummer... not mine.

I hope you have another wonderful night at the menu screen waiting for a game!

I feel for anyone who prefers FPP over TPP... But I tell ya, the attitude that I see here from so many of the FPP crowd makes me never want to run that mode again in the hopes it dies. I don't like feeling that way either.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, KillaXShot said:

"We'll have fun"? Right.

I'm pretty new to the game and loving every day I play it! So please excuse me if I'm not on the right page here... but wasn't this game always TPP and FPP was a later addition? .... ps... you sound like a right tool saying stuff like that, computer game hero 😂😂... games are supposed to be fun. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KillaXShot said:

"We'll have fun"? Right.

LOL here we go again another FP elitesest.

TP made this game not break because it was a TP game then FP came out but guess what TP never slowed down still Q right up but FP has died out.  

IMO- FP died out because there is other games that are in FP that run better than PUBG and another theory is FP players ride the bandwagon and have no loyalty so when the other options came out they jumped ship. 

Maybe the big delay is because they are making a console version from the ground up? 0.0001% chance, but that means there’s still a chance. Where did I get that stat from? Don’t worry about it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KillaXShot said:

I don't get the obsession with FPP.  For the heck of it me and my duo partner played 2 games last night on Sanhok FPP.   Both games we get to the final 10 guys and I literally must have ran right in front of a guy laying in the long grass, in BOTH games.  With FPP there is not a chance in the world I could have ever seen him, he pops up and I am dead.  How is that fun?  I don't get it. 

It seems like these maps have so much grass and long textures that FPP isn't a good fit.  Like in the apex game there isn't much grass...etc.  Its all dirt and low lying textures.  PUBG definitely seems harder to see in FPP.  

Edited by Landescotch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Landescotch said:

I don't get the obsession with FPP.  For the heck of it me and my duo partner played 2 games last night on Sanhok FPP.   Both games we get to the final 10 guys and I literally must have ran right in front of a guy laying in the long grass, in BOTH games.  With FPP there is not a chance in the world I could have ever seen him, he pops up and I am dead.  How is that fun?  I don't get it. 

In FPP hiding in the grass isn’t as useful because you can’t see well through the grass. Same goes for hiding in a bush. It happens far less in fpp than it does in tpp. 

A lot of people prefer fpp for the equity of view- if you can see your opponent then they can see you back. Some like the immersion of seeing through your game avatar’s eyes. Some like how aiming is more in sync with the camera position.

Its not necessarily superior. Its different, and appeals to different players.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Landescotch said:

Also the FPS is too low so I get severe motion sickness. I might actually like the mode if it was 60fps. But at 20 fps it's vomit city.

• Like 1

I enjoy FPP for the added realism and its ability to be truly terrifying in the end game, and I only enjoy Vikendi in FPP. 

With that in mind, i still find the game to be great fun in TPP too - it just requires a lot more patience in my opinion, as rushing around often leads straight to a camera camper. 

Haters gunna hate, potatoes gunna potate. 

To insinuate that another player is inferior because of their game mode of choice just makes you sound like a bit of a flog...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, madrigal77 said:

Also the FPS is too low so I get severe motion sickness. I might actually like the mode if it was 60fps. But at 20 fps it's vomit city.

I played a few FPP games with a squadie a few months ago after he begged us. 2 matches and I was done. It just wasn't enjoyable. There is no immersion when you're looking through the eyes of someone tripping on LSD due to the framerate.

• Like 2

I mean at the end of the day maybe an update from the dev team about the progress they are making with this update coming. 

Like do they think they will be sending in the content for Xbox to give the okay on time for a end of the month release? 

Basically just asking if they’ve come across anything critical issues that delays the update. 

Well PC maintenance was cancelled for today. I'd say they are hard at work for us console players and that we will get a good quality update/pass very soon.

In the meantime have fun playing. 

• Haha 1