Has the 2x Sight been pixelated for anyone else?
All the other sights including the 3x are more defined when it comes to shape of the sight.

Anyone know if there is a plan to sharpen up the image so its not so ambiguous. 

For me personally I would much rather be able to change the size of the circle/retical to my liking than the brightness.

While a smaller circle in the sight might take longer to aim, I'm sure people would find a good middle ground on where they like the size of the site. 

Thanks, 

BadMoonRisin68

• Haha 1
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

this has been an issue for "years" now. they've just ignored it completely LOL

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BadmoonRisin68 said:

All the other sights including the 3x are more defined when it comes to shape of the sight.

For me personally I would much rather be able to change the size of the circle/retical to my liking than the brightness.

While a smaller circle in the sight might take longer to aim, I'm sure people would find a good middle ground on where they like the size of the site. 

Thanks, 

BadMoonRisin68

Yes, it's a known issue.

No, they aren't planning on fixing it any time soon.

• Like 2

I get that, I've been playing since month 1 of the beta before full release, but they fixed other reticle's I'm only curious if its just a problem that no one talks about so it never gets fixed because no one makes it an issue.

2 minutes ago, Dabomb123 said:

this has been an issue for "years" now. they've just ignored it completely LOL

I get that, I've been playing since month 1 of the beta before full release, but they fixed other reticle's I'm only curious if its just a problem that no one talks about so it never gets fixed because no one makes it an issue.

4 minutes ago, HypnoToad643 said:

Yes, it's a known issue.

No, they aren't planning on fixing it any time soon.

I really don't think it would take them a ton of time to fix the sharpness of the sight. I get there are a ton of bugs, but I also imagine its not the most sought after sight in the game due to its clarity. It would be a super simple fix for the game to appear to be smoother while not doing much at all, and I get they have network/rendering issues. but if you are going to be sticking something in a players face routinely why is that not a priority on some level. 

My point being there are parts of the map people just straight up avoid and have the option to avoid, where as a sight is not so forgiving and it may be the only thing you have to work with.

11 minutes ago, BadmoonRisin68 said:

I'm only curious if its just a problem that no one talks about so it never gets fixed because no one makes it an issue.

I made a big noise about it for a long time (several months).

Eventually I got a response from the mods to say that they'd spoken to the devs and they confirmed that it's supposed to look like it was drawn in crayon by a blind kid with no fingers.

Ok, they didn't say that exactly. But they confirmed that it's supposed to look like that.

The strange thing is that it didn't originally look all pixelated and blocky, one of the updates made it go all shitty like that.

So I think they're pretending it's supposed to look like that, when in reality I expect that someone used the low resolution 'place holder' graphic and failed to insert the relevant high-res graphic and nobody can be bothered to fix it.

Nobody really bothers asking anymore because they've made it clear that they're not going to change it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@BadmoonRisin68

I missed a bit...

Originally the 2x had a horrible field of view so they changed in an update that went onto the PTS.

When that update came to the live server, way back when we first got Miramar, the 2x reticle appeared to have been downgraded to the low-res looking graphic we have now.

So I probably complained about it on and off for nearly a year. And by now, pretty much everyone has forgotten (or given up caring) that it used to have a normal reticle rather than a crayola scribble.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BadmoonRisin68 said:

I really don't think it would take them a ton of time to fix the sharpness of the sight. I get there are a ton of bugs, but I also imagine its not the most sought after sight in the game due to its clarity. It would be a super simple fix for the game to appear to be smoother while not doing much at all, and I get they have network/rendering issues. but if you are going to be sticking something in a players face routinely why is that not a priority on some level. 

My point being there are parts of the map people just straight up avoid and have the option to avoid, where as a sight is not so forgiving and it may be the only thing you have to work with.

Believe me, we are all in 100% agreement on that Haha. Pubg, however, doesnt seem to care.

• Like 2

It's not supposed to look like it does on the X. I can play with PC and Xbox side by side and the X is pixelated like it was made for the Nintendo 64. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It's a carry over from a PC bug that never got addressed on Xbox. I think it's missing the 4k asset, the devs said it wasn't a priority from my understanding.

Its too bad because it would be good up to 100m but you can't see your target behind the huge pixel.

Edited by ST6 Rawker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 horas atrás, BadmoonRisin68 disse:

Thanks, 

BadMoonRisin68

The 2x sights came from the Xbox 360. Although the player base has claimed it for months nothing has been or will be done in this regard.

9 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

@BadmoonRisin68

I missed a bit...

Originally the 2x had a horrible field of view so they changed in an update that went onto the PTS.

When that update came to the live server, way back when we first got Miramar, the 2x reticle appeared to have been downgraded to the low-res looking graphic we have now.

So I probably complained about it on and off for nearly a year. And by now, pretty much everyone has forgotten (or given up caring) that it used to have a normal reticle rather than a crayola scribble.

I just hardly use the scope.

I’m fed up of asking at this point after making like 2/3 threads I guessed they don’t care and there isn’t any point in bringing it up again! 

Apparenly there are more important things to do like make a bison skin for example which probably took more time than fixing the resolution of one bleddy scope!!!!

• Like 2

It's my favorite scope so I'm just use to it by now. One thing I hate is that the brightness keeps changing for me. The 2x is the only adjustable brightness scope/sight that is horrible when it's 100%, it's only correct on Vikendi. 

• Like 1

This has been raised so many times, but for some reason it’s never been addressed.