Sign in to follow this  
Sidartha

NA server: late evening/night

Lately it seems when I play random duos in the late evening/night on NA all I get are people from SA. You can sometimes tell by the name and frequently they don't speak English or very broken English (or they just don't talk at all..I assume because they don't speak English so don't bother replying to me). If my duo partners are frequently from SA that means the match is probably filled with players from SA which means a match filled with high ping players which is really not great. Is this the new normal and is it pointless to even play PUBG in NA late evening anymore?

• Like 1

I'll play late night. Haven't had any issues. Occasionally run into people who don't speak English. Hasn't hurt anything. Just have to play different. With the low pop at certain times getting players from other regions is near unavoidable.

So probably best to get used to it, play solo, use the discord to find a group or learn other languages.

You are going to get high pingers from SA who can't speak enghlish......mighty as well get used to it

2 hours ago, Avohei said:

I'll play late night. Haven't had any issues. Occasionally run into people who don't speak English. Hasn't hurt anything. Just have to play different. With the low pop at certain times getting players from other regions is near unavoidable.

So probably best to get used to it, play solo, use the discord to find a group or learn other languages.

The language problem is only a side issue. The bigger issue IMO is the match filled with high ping players...not really the best experience if that is the case. It's bad enough having players from California having to play on east coast server but filling in people from SA on top of that is not great. Playing solo doesn't change that.

51 minutes ago, Sidartha said:

The bigger issue IMO is the match filled with high ping players...

To be honest, I think it's the problem in the core of the game. Think about it... You have to find a match for not 10, 15, or 20 but 100 players. Player base for that needs to be huuuge. Not to mention skill based matchmaking on top of that. We already have people dividing on FPP, TPP, maps etc. 

Having more servers is not that cheap. So... For the moment being... The move is on PUBG corp. to improve the game and attract new players and actually work on some core issues with the game. Having a proper meaningful ranked would also help. Take LoL for example. Ranked is down? No one plays that game. People only play it for rank, not for fun. We play this game for fun, actually. Imagine having functioning game that rewards you even more, not just charms on guns.

Changing game logic to give low ping players advantage would be a sight for sore eyes,  but I don't know if it's even possible.

15 minutes ago, Boodgemeister said:

To be honest, I think it's the problem in the core of the game. Think about it... You have to find a match for not 10, 15, or 20 but 100 players. Player base for that needs to be huuuge. Not to mention skill based matchmaking on top of that. We already have people dividing on FPP, TPP, maps etc. 

Having more servers is not that cheap. So... For the moment being... The move is on PUBG corp. to improve the game and attract new players and actually work on some core issues with the game. Having a proper meaningful ranked would also help. Take LoL for example. Ranked is down? No one plays that game. People only play it for rank, not for fun. We play this game for fun, actually. Imagine having functioning game that rewards you even more, not just charms on guns.

Changing game logic to give low ping players advantage would be a sight for sore eyes,  but I don't know if it's even possible.

I agree that it's the core problem but there are other solutions. Relying on bringing in enough new players to make all these different modes and queues viable for in-region only matchmaking seems unrealistic.

I think a more realistic solution is putting a cap on ping per match that keeps the games performing well and fair and then implementing dynamic circles to match the number of players the match starts with. Then, if that makes the game perform better it's not only great for those of us left playing but might also entice other players to come back or new players to start. Then the match sizes can grow again and even if it's not enough to fill 100 man matches it's still a win/win IMO.