BERKUT_AI

Unpopular opinion: Buff the AUG.

Posted (edited)

Before I explain why I'm not a big fan of this weapon, remember that almost any weapon, good or bad, can win you a game. it's just that the better the weapon is in terms of base damage and fire rate, effective range, accuracy, etc., the bigger the chances of getting that win.

Alright, now that I've covered that up, let's get to the main subject: The AUG.

Look, the weapon, I-It's not bad, It's good, but it's just not "AirDrop material". The weapon is not good enough to even please me, and is in need of a buff.

The AUG user is at a serious disadvantage if they are facing off the M416, the M249, the automatic MK14 and the Groza. Let's compare it with the M416.

Both weapons have identical base damage and rate of fire, so, identical damage per second. The M416 has better single tap recoil, less weapon sway, faster recoil speed, better/shorter audible range and significantly quieter, and the AUG beats the M416 at spray recoil and less damage dropoff. So the AUG can perhaps generally beat the M416 while spraying, but generally speaking, the M416 is better.

All the AUG is generally better at than all the other weapons in PUBG is the easily controllable recoil... But it's not to say that the other weapons have bad recoil, that is why I'm completely ignorant towards that advantage over the other weapons.

In conclusion, I think you should buff the AUG. I don't want it overpowered or anything, but maybe just increase the DPS. This is what's taking me down whenever I secure an AirDrop. The DPS. It's that one changing factor that makes this weapon, compared to the others, useless.

Edited by BERKUT_AI
  • Like 2

aug has also very weird recoil to the left and right.

also augs bullets travel faster, i cant count how many times i died because i hold my spray in front of a running target with the aug,like i would do with an m416,only to not hit a single bullet and die.

if i see a aug in the airdrop and i have an qbz or m416, i just leave the aug behind, it is seriously that bad.

a change that could bring it in line would be buffing the base dmg by 3 and thats it, voila weapon fixed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BERKUT_AI said:

Before I explain why I'm not a big fan of this weapon, remember that almost any weapon, good or bad, can win you a game. it's just that the better the weapon is in terms of base damage and fire rate, effective range, accuracy, etc., the bigger the chances of getting that win.

Look, the weapon, I-It's not bad, It's good, but it's just not "AirDrop material". The weapon is not good enough to even please me, and is in need of a buff.

The AUG user is at a serious disadvantage if they are facing off the M416, the M249, the automatic MK14 and the Groza. Let's compare it with the M416.

Both weapons have identical base damage and rate of fire, so, identical damage per second. The M416 has better single tap recoil, less weapon sway, faster recoil speed, better/shorter audible range and significantly quieter, and the AUG beats the M416 at spray recoil and less damage dropoff. So the AUG can perhaps generally beat the M416 while spraying, but generally speaking, the M416 is better.

All the AUG is generally better at than all the other weapons in PUBG is the easily controllable recoil... But it's not to say that the other weapons have bad recoil, that is why I'm completely ignorant towards that advantage over the other weapons.

In conclusion, I think you should buff the AUG. I don't want it overpowered or anything, but maybe just increase the DPS. This is what's taking me down whenever I secure an AirDrop. The DPS. It's that one changing factor that makes this weapon, compared to the others, useless.

If you don't want it leave it for others. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BERKUT_AI said:

Better bullet velocity so it’s better from range, and if someone with an m4 is going against an aug straight up, if both are hitting shots the aug will also win because of that. Don’t get me wrong I am all for a buff but it is definitely better. Maybe not by much, but it is. Now I think the other ones feel more special and make me more excited than the aug, but it still is nice to have.

• Like 1

Personally I see the AUG as the second best crate weapon, right behind the MK14 because it has literally ~half the vertical recoil as that in the M4. It's a beast.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, CAttack said:

If you don't want it leave it for others. 

Haha, I laughed at first, but you might be right. Should probably do that... These days I'm hunting AirDrop since I was always a coward to even dare to get close. It just feels bad that I'm getting such a cool weapon with, in my opinion, in need of just a small buff to make it worth my time.

9 hours ago, Destru said:

Personally I see the AUG as the second best crate weapon, right behind the MK14 because it has literally ~half the vertical recoil as that in the M4. It's a beast.

It's not to say though that the others have bad recoil... But don't get me wrong: What you said is true.

12 hours ago, Itssladenlol said:

aug has also very weird recoil to the left and right.

also augs bullets travel faster, i cant count how many times i died because i hold my spray in front of a running target with the aug,like i would do with an m416,only to not hit a single bullet and die.

if i see a aug in the airdrop and i have an qbz or m416, i just leave the aug behind, it is seriously that bad.

a change that could bring it in line would be buffing the base dmg by 3 and thats it, voila weapon fixed.

That's what I'm talking about: The base damage! It's just not good enough... And buffing it by 3 would be just enough to make me feel like this overpowered ****** that secured an AirDrop, lol.

Posted (edited)

First, I wouldn't say it's an unpopular opinion. At least when Iv'e talked to people they feel about the same way

It's not good enough as an airdrop no. If you hunt for an airdrop and manage to get it you want something special. Groza has got the high damage and high fire rate so it's a special gun. even though It's not my favourite crate weapon, I find the recoil somewhat hard to control sometimes during long sprays. But the aug has nothing of that. they even nerfed its damage a while ago because it was a 556 gun and they nerfed all the 556 guns damage by 1. Like why would you nerf that? Doesn't make any sense. Not that having it do 1 more damage would make it alot better, just saying.

For it to feel special you need to make it better than the M4 in every way. All it has now is lower vertical recoil when you spray right? It's not good enough.

Look the other crate guns, they all have something. I mean M249 just destroy cars with the high rate of fire and 100 bullets. And while crouching the recoil is not that hard to control either.

Mk14 is awesome, can be used as the best DMR in the game or with auto mode close range.

AWM, well I guess everybody likes it. If it were up to me I would have made it so that it one shots lvl 1 vests but not lvl 2, but that's just me. Still powerful.

Edited by Willitz
  • Like 1

i Think all the crate weapons should be best in their class. 

I hear the AWM or MK14 and I’m going hunting up close. I hear the Groza and I’m going to try and engage at distance. M249? Grenade spam.

I hear the AUG and all I think is ‘they’ve got level 3 protection so make every shot count’. The weapon just doesn’t instil the fear/Adrenalin the others do.

• Like 2

I'd have to agree, the Aug doesn't quite meet the next level that other crate weapons fall into, it doesn't need much but a little something to up the ante to make it worth the risk would be a nice addition.

• Like 1

maybe it should just have a built in 2x - 4x variable scope permanently attached ?  I certainly wont bother to drop a kitted m4 for an Aug.  But its pretty decent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

maybe it should just have a built in 2x - 4x variable scope permanently attached

The real Aug actually has that. "Donut of death" sights. It's a really good idea.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

you really start noticing how underwelming it is when you play overpower warmode against lvl3 gear guys with mks and Grozas while you´re stuck with a slightly better m4

2 hours ago, Boodgemeister said:

The real Aug actually has that. "Donut of death" sights. It's a really good idea.

Hell yeah I would be down for an A1 variant as normal spawn. Atm the A3 is too good for normal loot but underpowered for a crate and a fixed sight would balance it out quite well

image.png.29ed2171a41fc69d4c1ba08625ca9e58.png

Edited by natznatz2
  • Like 2

I'm not quite sure what to say about the scope attached to the AUG -I can't say I agree or disagree about this, not until I get it ingame to test it out. But maybe it'll work. I hope it does..

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, BERKUT_AI said:

I'm not quite sure what to say about the scope attached to the AUG -I can't say I agree or disagree about this, not until I get it ingame to test it out. But maybe it'll work. I hope it does..

looks like a small 2x scope and with a 1.5x magnification but I they can just make it be 2x ingame for simplicity.

Edit:

image.thumb.png.bc7e6b5f35f1665dc1110337d5f978e6.png

Edited by natznatz2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Having a scope on it or not is not really the problem, nor the fix..

Edited by Willitz
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Willitz said:

Having a scope on it or not is not really the problem, nor the fix..

What's the problem then? Gun not having flaming bullets?
Maybe a slight dmg increase or something. And that donut sight sounds sweet.
Wouldn't make it too OP in any case.

Edited by Boodgemeister

groza makes some sense, better recoil than ak or beryl i think, and higher fire rate.

aug doesnt have anything special. just the lower recoil i guess.

dont know how to buff it tho. its fine but for a crate weapon its meh.

11 hours ago, Boodgemeister said:

What's the problem then? Gun not having flaming bullets?
Maybe a slight dmg increase or something. And that donut sight sounds sweet.
Wouldn't make it too OP in any case.

Maybe if you read my first post you will find the answer of what I think instead making up assumptions.

To be fair if the Aug had flaming bullets I would pick it up every time 😛

if they auto equipped it with a 2x then no one would ever pick it up  as it would be that much less versatile.  but a variable 2-4xwith a built in canted maybe ?

I guess some people really like it ? its just not one I care that much for. I'm mostly there for the armour and helmet unless there's an awm.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Willitz said:

Maybe if you read my first post you will find the answer of what I think instead making up assumptions.

Yeah, but you never really specified any buff in particular, you were quite vague saying something along the lines of "just buff it".
We need a solid suggestion.

I feel like it should be more accurate as a run and gun AR. More "SMG" like if you feel me. It needs that "something".
And it would be having the best from SMG and AR world (in my modest opinion). It could fill that niche role of being something between AR and SMG.
Moving and shooting should see less penalty. It could be the best rush down AR. Hip fire and ADS moving shots should be more accurate. 
So you actually be happy when you find that gun and think "wow, SMG with AR range and power, I love this when I rush people".
And yeah, it really should come equipped with default "donut" 2x (or 1.5x) sights.
You know? Just pick it up and melt faces.

Then it would be better than M4 "in every way" like you said.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

To be fair if the Aug had flaming bullets I would pick it up every time 😛

if they auto equipped it with a 2x then no one would ever pick it up  as it would be that much less versatile.  but a variable 2-4xwith a built in canted maybe ?

I guess some people really like it ? its just not one I care that much for. I'm mostly there for the armour and helmet unless there's an awm.

A nerf was the point of this idea because otherwise it would have no drawbacks as a normal world spawn in comparison to the m4. The other option is like op suggested to leave it in the crate and apply a buff

• Like 1

Tbh I disagree, the AUG is fine as is. Its dps isnt amazing, but the recoil is. you can spray someome down from quite a bit further and easier than with a M4 imo. That alone is a very valuable feature. 

The groza's recoil makes it horrible imi and I prefer a kitted out beryl all the way. But the groza has monster dps if you can use it, does that mean it's bad? No it just isnt your (or in this case mine) favourite. 

Personal preference will always remain a thing I guess. And crate rewards = rng. 

• Like 1

I always thought the Aug and kitted m4 was pretty equal spraying. With that said I don't mind the Aug being nearly equal to the m4. The drop is a risk and a guarantee far superior weapon isn't needed. That's how I look it it.

I do find the Aug had weird horizontal recoil.

Speaking of, didn't the vertical grip greatly reduce horizontal recoil back in the day or I'm just dreaming? I remember the vert was superior because all you had to do was pull down. This was before 1.0 for sure. Now it's ++ vertical recoil reduction. Which I do not care about. I can pull down.

• Confused 1