Without knowing, Would it not cause a problem with freesync if frames were increased? For example, If pubg were increased to 40 or so FPS but it drops below 40 would it not cause stuttering momentarily as it switches between the two? 

I've mine turned off also as I've always been led to believe it doesn't work below 40FPS/Hz and increases input lag...

Posted (edited)

The Samsung CHG70 is one of the very few monitors (with it's current firmware) that supports LFC (Low Framerate Compensation), which allows its range to extend below 20 Hz by sending double or triple frames when the framerate drops below the monitor's 48 Hz lowest native refresh rate, therefore PUBG would benefit with this monitor.  

High native refresh rate, with a great FreeSync range. The CHG70 is AMD FreeSync 2 certified, and as such has a wide enough FreeSync range to support Low Framerate Compensation (LFC), which effectively allows its range to extend below 20 Hz by sending double or triple frames when the framerate drops below the monitor's 48 Hz lowest native refresh rate.

Over HDMI the maximum refresh rate without FreeSync is 144 Hz, but with FreeSync it unfortunately drops to 100 Hz. Luckily FreeSync over HDMI on this monitor also supports LFC, extending its range below 20 Hz.

Edited by VinnieB
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 5:55 AM, BuckStar said:

I’ve had that flashing happen on mine when playing wolfenstein. Think it has more to do with my hdmi splitter tho. I will if the screen states 45-60hz then that’s all it will work between. Pubg actually has been running quite well lately (stable 30fps imo) so maybe you just think it’s doing something when really it’s not doing anything at all. 

There is a limit to how much fresync can help, hence why it only works between 40-60fps.

During our conversation I turned it off and pubg became a juttery mess. It is not placebo, sorry about the stats saying that but at least on this monitor it certainly makes a difference. I have no HDMI splitter. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Brodinn92 said:

During our conversation I turned it off and pubg became a juttery mess. It is not placebo, sorry about the stats saying that but at least on this monitor it certainly makes a difference. I have no HDMI splitter. 

To be completely honest I’ve never left it on when I’m playing PUBG as I assumed it wouldn’t help.

I’ve used it on blackout for a couple games because I was getting screen taring and it did help but that was at around the 40-60fps range. 

Edited by BuckStar

Posted (edited)

You should ask yourself a series of questions before you look for a monitor:

Is the monitor only for xbox?

If so Xbox is capped at 60 frames

What Xbox version do you have?

Only Xbox X supports higher resolution than 1080p

In general you can get a 1080p 60hz monitor relatively cheaply like ~200 bucks. Also there is a dedicated option on your Xbox called PC RGB meant for outputting video on a monitor. Also input lag is usually not a big issue for monitors as they are usually pretty low, but you can always check the display lag database. 

Edited by IX_TASTY_XI

On 5/12/2019 at 8:42 PM, Brodinn92 said:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-uh75-series-u28h750uqn-28-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor-black-silver/6278901.p?skuId=6278901&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1260666&ds_rl=1266837&ds_rl=1266837&gclid=CjwKCAjwiN_mBRBBEiwA9N-e_l7gfWR4FCzQfqWJB2ppEVaWJ3yQCqxj7E8lv-u6qqnEF0U59mUJRBoCg4IQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It is the Samsung UH75 Series. It is a 28 inch display with freesync and 1ms response time/latency. It isn't perfect as the Freesync can cause screen flashing, I find it not to be all too bad, but I can see how it would bother others... I think mine states something about 45-60 frames but I don't care. I can see when it is turned off and when it is turned on. It just helps regardless of what the specs may say. 

Just bought the same monitor, works great, the 4k is amazing! I was playing on a 4k TV prior to this and the difference between a 4k monitor and a 4k TV is huge. It was a 60 hz 4-5 ms response time TV as well. I mainly play on framerate priority but the the xbox x looks ridiculously better on a monitor of the same resolution. Freesync had some issues when you try to switch resolutions while its enabled, but works fine otherwise, standard freesync mode is for the lower framerates (had those confused for a bit) and seems like it runs smoother to me with it enabled for sure. This monitor has a 60 framerate capability. so I figure I'm good till the next xbox comes out then I will upgrade. Would love to see the developers push what the xbox x is capable of instead of holding it back for parity with the og.

On 5/12/2019 at 5:20 AM, LootExp said:

From Reddit: 

Use Standard Mode

Brightness: around 50ish or lower if you prefer
Contrast: 70-80
Trace free: 60
Vivid Pixel: 50 (important)
Smart View: Off

Put your Xbox to RBG PC and 10Bit output. 

I believe you are supposed to have it on 8bit unless your display has hdr,

• Like 1

Thanks, will try and check for differences. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mamulator said:

I believe you are supposed to have it on 8bit unless your display has hdr,

That is correct. 10 bit is for HDR, hence HDR10. 12 bit is for true Dolby Vision. LG was the supports of Dolby Vision but none of their panels were 12 bit, one reason why I don't like LG. 

• Like 1

Em 13/05/2019 at 12:21, VinnieB disse:

The Samsung CHG70 is one of the very few monitors (with it's current firmware) that supports LFC (Low Framerate Compensation), which allows its range to extend below 20 Hz by sending double or triple frames when the framerate drops below the monitor's 48 Hz lowest native refresh rate, therefore PUBG would benefit with this monitor.  

High native refresh rate, with a great FreeSync range. The CHG70 is AMD FreeSync 2 certified, and as such has a wide enough FreeSync range to support Low Framerate Compensation (LFC), which effectively allows its range to extend below 20 Hz by sending double or triple frames when the framerate drops below the monitor's 48 Hz lowest native refresh rate.

Over HDMI the maximum refresh rate without FreeSync is 144 Hz, but with FreeSync it unfortunately drops to 100 Hz. Luckily FreeSync over HDMI on this monitor also supports LFC, extending its range below 20 Hz.

I'm watching this monitor. I believe it will be incredible!

https://www.blurbusters.com/strobed-freesync-asus-tuf-vg32vq-gaming-monitor-has-elmb-sync-simultaneous-freesync-and-blur-reduction/

14 minutes ago, brutusbr said:

That sounds good. I'm trying to find more specs on it but can't find anything. Do you know if it has local dimming? Edge lit or zones? Contrast ratio? Nits? I'm hoping it's at least 600 nits. 

43 minutos atrás, VinnieB disse:

That sounds good. I'm trying to find more specs on it but can't find anything. Do you know if it has local dimming? Edge lit or zones? Contrast ratio? Nits? I'm hoping it's at least 600 nits. 

I do not know much yet. This monitor is a launch. There is little literature yet about it.

Just now, brutusbr said:

I do not know much yet. This monitor is a launch. There is little literature yet about it.

I'll keep my eye on it. Hopefully they make this in a 27" or 28" model.