Sign in to follow this  
proxik149

Motherboard network app permitted?

Hi,
maybe it'll sound funny, but i'm little paranoid if it's safe to use msi network manager (motherboard app, where you can split packets from some programs and place them in other programs or games so it's like "high priority"). I have used it in training mode for a while, but I'm little scared now. I'm familiar with game rules, but i'm not sure if it's considered as "forbidden program" that gives unfair advantage. Should I worry?

53 minutes ago, Ricardo_Milos92 said:

What kind of advantage it actually provides? I am just curious. 

There is no advantage to having it. Pretty useless unless you have a ton of programs using the net at the same time.

There's a lot of so called network managers out there. One thing they are supposed to do is allow the user to set a program to get priority over all other programs with net speed usage.

So if steam is downloading in the background and you're playing pubg the net manager would limit steam's bandwidth so that pubg gets all the speed it needs. Least that's what I get from them.

having few programs is much better .fewer conflicts, smoother games, fewer crashes these programs are usually poorly supported

1 hour ago, rosdemon said:

having few programs is much better .fewer conflicts, smoother games, fewer crashes these programs are usually poorly supported

I don't want to use it at all, only wanted to keep game download at some speed, but pubg still playable.