Sign in to follow this  
Tolosan

LMGs....So rare and most likely never find one.

LMGs are fun to use. But there is no diversity at all. And there is ONE and only LMG as a world spawn : DP-28, in a single map.

So if I wanna use a lmg in other maps, but couldn't find a M249 in an air-drop, it's impossible.

That is sad, only one LMG as world spawn, and not so powerful, so most likely will never use it for end game. Each time you run across an AR, you switch your DP-28  instantly without even considering keeping it.

At least make dp-28 spawn in all maps,

or create a world spawn LMG for each map. (rare world spawn like Kar98 back in times)

OR

Just add others guns, like M60E4, RPK, AWS, MG4, L86A2 or even QBB-95. There is plenty choices, I think one LMG per map at least would be enjoyable.

Make their magazine 40 rounds Vanilla (so it won't break the game everyone having 100 rounds clips) and make it extendable to 60-70. Or allow barrel or grips attachments for some with HEAVY recoil

I am not saying LMG(s) need a buff. But finding more would be funnier IMO.

What are your thoughts about this ?

• Like 6

I run the dp-28. drop a 2x on it and it can be pretty beast. It's hella beast at cqc distances. Got a spot on Erangel where it'll generally spawn 2 -3 of them in a cluster of 6 buildings.

Adding more weapons and keeping the current in a map isn't really feasible. Max number of a dynamic actors in a map has a cap. They just raised that cap on Erangel by 7,000 by removing the equivalent in doors.

So if you add an M60 you have to reduce the number of DP-28's or completely swap them out. Say for example the loot table has the DP-28 capped at 200 spawns across the map. Adding all 6 of the other LMG's to the map would reduce each to a max spawn of 28. Thus making each type super rare. There's still 200 LMG's spawned, but that particular one you like might only be found once every 10 rounds.

58 minutes ago, Rev0verDrive said:

I run the dp-28. drop a 2x on it and it can be pretty beast. It's hella beast at cqc distances. Got a spot on Erangel where it'll generally spawn 2 -3 of them in a cluster of 6 buildings.

Adding more weapons and keeping the current in a map isn't really feasible. Max number of a dynamic actors in a map has a cap. They just raised that cap on Erangel by 7,000 by removing the equivalent in doors.

So if you add an M60 you have to reduce the number of DP-28's or completely swap them out. Say for example the loot table has the DP-28 capped at 200 spawns across the map. Adding all 6 of the other LMG's to the map would reduce each to a max spawn of 28. Thus making each type super rare. There's still 200 LMG's spawned, but that particular one you like might only be found once every 10 rounds.

I get your point. Never said thius gun is unefficient.

I was simply saying I would like a bit more diversity. At least one world spawn LMG for each map.

They can easily deal with max number of dynamic actors.. There is always a way.

For example, why would we need a sickle, a machette and a crowbar as melee weapons ? remove one or two from the game entirely = much more space for more weapons or vehicles.

And in other maps, such as Vikendi, Sanhok or Miramar, there is simply no world spawn LMG. I think they should add one. Replacing the DP-28, like the QBZ replaced the Scar on Sanhok, or the MP5K replaced the Vector on Vikendi.

the DP is everywhere. last night one house had three in one room on top of each other and 2 others in the rest of the house.  its like the SLR on erangel now, just everywhere.

12 hours ago, DeadlyEggXoP said:

the DP is everywhere. last night one house had three in one room on top of each other and 2 others in the rest of the house.  its like the SLR on erangel now, just everywhere.

I agree it's actually pretty common on Erangel now. But wouldn't you enjoy some other world spawn LMGs for the other maps ? I find that this is  missing.

• Like 1

Drop all the hand-to-hand weapons and add a "pistol-whip" key :) 

I would say "drop all pistols" too but too many times I've just had a 1911 and 15 rounds and got the drop on someone who was kind enough to gather lots of gear for me!

• Like 1

Yeah, remove melee weapons entirely and free space for some new real weapons. This game has never been about melee combat anyway...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoulbringerITA said:

Yeah, remove melee weapons entirely and free space for some new real weapons. This game has never been about melee combat anyway...

Because it's so bad. 
They should leave pans in the game, the rest can just go. Melee combat is so useless that no one will lose sleep over it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 2:14 PM, Rev0verDrive said:

or they could remove the stupid laser sight that nobody ever intentionally picks up and uses. that would make room for the other weapon.

2 minutes ago, iplaybrokengames said:

or they could remove the stupid laser sight that nobody ever intentionally picks up and uses. that would make room for the other weapon.

Or they could remove:

• Window Glass
  • More Doors
  • Destructible shacks

Eventually we'd end up with a shell of a game that's a lot less dynamic.

The question is why we don't have more LMG's and why the only normal spawn LMG is spawning in one map? The game just have to add more LMG weapons with proper balance.

• Like 1

Remember the good ol' days when the Tommy Gun came from a crate drop, was OP, melted through vehicles with almost 0 recoil and had 100 bullet clips? Make Tommy Gun great again!

10 hours ago, Xenophobic Bigot said:

Remember the good ol' days when the Tommy Gun came from a crate drop, was OP, melted through vehicles with almost 0 recoil and had 100 bullet clips? Make Tommy Gun great again!

Unrealistic tommy gun yeah. Instead adding P90 would be way better.