Jump to content
Mr.Beefy33

Let's talk about Grenades

Recommended Posts

In a game the revolves around shooting people it's a bit OP that someone you never see can throw a grenade and one shot you with little to no skill. Should Grenades be lethal? I understand realism but maybe if they're lethal you should only be able to carry one?

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2
  • RIP 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No skill? If I loot a grenade, forgo inventory space to carry it, locate you, select a grenade, cook it and throw it at you, that takes skill. If it’s so easy, you do it. Grenades are fine.

 

Also, the game also revolves around surviving, not shooting people. Kills don’t matter. This isn’t a deathmatch.

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not a fan.  I dont feel that they really fit into this game,  makes it a bit to military. 

I wouldn't want to see them go,  but they could be a rarity.  Spawn them like the DP.  Make it a "Oh..He'll Ya" moment.

Edited by BadBatch5040

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Harold Brock said:

No skill? If I loot a grenade, forgo inventory space to carry it, locate you, select a grenade, cook it and throw it at you, that takes skill. If it’s so easy, you do it. Grenades are fine.

Damn. I can make putting clothes on sound skillful if broke it down step by step.  

 

They just need a lethal radius nerf. If I have full health and a nade gets me I want to know that it landed right on top of me

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they should nerf the spawn rate for sure. But they fit fine into this game. Just the other day I was literally pinched between 3 dudes and anything besides nades would have given away my position. Luckily I had exactly three nades and was able to kick each one of them back to the lobby. The damage is fine too. No need to nerf the damage. Especially if they reduce the spawn rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mr.Beefy33 said:

Should Grenades be lethal?

 

No they shouldn't be lethal. It would be much better if, when they explode, they would just shower you with confetti and kisses.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 15
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

 

No they shouldn't be lethal. It would be much better if, when they explode, they would just shower you with confetti and kisses.

 

I mean, if we’re going to change the lethality of them, when grenades explode, they should shower a healing mist cloud for anyone that enters it. Boom! Not lethal anymore!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Gladiatorpie said:

They just need a lethal radius nerf. If I have full health and a nade gets me I want to know that it landed right on top of me

 

I don't think they need a radius nerf at all. Their main purpose is to shift people that sit behind a rock/tree or in a building waiting, like a coward, for the blue to push their enemy out of cover. Take grenades away and there's nothing left to shift them except for rushing the building with tactics all out the window.

 

They have to be within 3.5m to do lethal damage (according to PUBG wiki). That's pretty close and it's not easy to consistently land them that close to an enemy. They're bag space heavy too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

 

I don't think they need a radius nerf at all. Their main purpose is to shift people that sit behind a rock/tree or in a building waiting, like a coward, for the blue to push their enemy out of cover. Take grenades away and there's nothing left to shift them except for rushing the building with tactics all out the window.

 

They have to be within 3.5m to do lethal damage (according to PUBG wiki). That's pretty close and it's not easy to consistently land them that close to an enemy. They're bag space heavy too.

I would argue that the other throwables still allow it. A well placed molly will push a guy off his rock or room and good stun can do the same in buildings. Hell if you want to make it really spicy you can smoke a building and play hide and seek. 

 

And if they reduced the lethal radius to say, 2m, people will still run as far as possible from the grenade. No one wants to tank 95% of their hp. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest hybiepoo

Who wants to volunteer to stand beside an exploding grenade at varied ranges from 10m to 1m so we can scientifically determine where the threshold is for being maimed beyond repair? 🙋‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hybiepoo said:

Who wants to volunteer to stand beside an exploding grenade at varied ranges from 10m to 1m so we can scientifically determine where the threshold is for being maimed beyond repair? 🙋‍♂️

As long as pubg logic stands I'll just put a branch in front of the grenade to stop the shrapnel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

 

No they shouldn't be lethal. It would be much better if, when they explode, they would just shower you with confetti and kisses.

 

Like a vault-tec lunchbox 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grenades are fine!

 

If someone throws a grenade at you when your behind a tree, run towards the enemy, have the nade behind you and the tree you were hiding behind and be ready to blast the dude peeking you or just do some hardcore parkour and dodge that shit! 

A perfectly cooked nade is skillbased. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grenades should be lethal - the only real issue i have with them is the amount you can carry which leads to grenade spam. I'd be happy to see the AOE toned down a bit too tbh, feels like you die to them from too far away at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m happy to have them so lethal. 

I’m happy to let you carry as many as you find if you have space. 

I’m not happy that you can chuck a grenade 150-200m. Check this video

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prinzar said:

I’m happy to have them so lethal. 

I’m happy to let you carry as many as you find if you have space. 

I’m not happy that you can chuck a grenade 150-200m. Check this video

 

 

Where is the issue here? 

1. Its thrown from a high height
2. It takes 5 seconds before it detonates
3. The nade explodes almost immedietly when it lands in the shack
4. Its very possible to throw a nade that far from a height like that in real life.
5. Hell, i can throw a rock about 50-60 meters in real life? 

i really cant see any issue in this clip. The guy got super lucky with that nade bouncing in through the tiny window

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Harold Brock said:

No skill? If I loot a grenade, forgo inventory space to carry it, locate you, select a grenade, cook it and throw it at you, that takes skill. If it’s so easy, you do it. Grenades are fine.

 

Also, the game also revolves around surviving, not shooting people. Kills don’t matter. This isn’t a deathmatch.

If kills don't matter, then don't kill the last guy when you're in a 1v1 situation. See who can survive the longest when the blue turns into a straw. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

Where is the issue here? 

1. Its thrown from a high height
2. It takes 5 seconds before it detonates
3. The nade explodes almost immedietly when it lands in the shack
4. Its very possible to throw a nade that far from a height like that in real life.
5. Hell, i can throw a rock about 50-60 meters in real life? 

i really cant see any issue in this clip. The guy got super lucky with that nade bouncing in through the tiny window

 

Average soldier throws a real frag about 20-30 metres on level ground. Pubg it’s roughly 60m on level ground. Add in the height to make this further, and you can throw a pretty heavy object a ridiculous distance, somewhere around 150-200 metres. 

Having a big arc on the screen means you know exactly where the grenade will go to, so once you’re good at throwing grenades, you can kill somebody behind solid cover from a ridiculous distance. 

 

The range in PUBG needs lowering to be more realistic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grenade are fine as is although I wouldn't be against putting a cap on the total number you can carry.  Maybe it could be limited to the level of bag you have? 

No bag - max 1 throwable

level 1 bag - max 2 throwables

level 2 bag - max 3 throwables

level 3 bag - max 4 throwables

Or something like that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Prinzar said:

 

Average soldier throws a real frag about 20-30 metres on level ground. Pubg it’s roughly 60m on level ground. Add in the height to make this further, and you can throw a pretty heavy object a ridiculous distance, somewhere around 150-200 metres. 

Having a big arc on the screen means you know exactly where the grenade will go to, so once you’re good at throwing grenades, you can kill somebody behind solid cover from a ridiculous distance. 

 

The range in PUBG needs lowering to be more realistic 

You forget that every single player character in this game is an olympic gold medal in every sport. We can run nonstop for 20 minutes without getting tired, we can swim for ages, we can climb up rocks and never get tired. All this while carrying kilos of meds, ammo, 2-3 weapons,a frying pan, heavy kevlar, helmet and clothes. 😛 
The arc doesnt you show you exactly where the grenade will go, especially not when throwing from a height

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pet hate of mine. I’d like a carry limit of 1 frag at a time, with the other non-lethals remaining as is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This post is like about 500 that I have read on here.  Guy dies in his last PUBG game then comes to forum and posts one of the following:

 

1) Grenades should NOT be lethal  

2) The UMP is way to OP and should be nerfed!!!!!

3) The loot on Erangel is a joke, died right away after looting 79 houses and only finding a pistol

4) Cut the grass on Sanhok!!!!  Guy laid prone for 40 minutes and never had to move and killed me in the final circle

5) Mouse and Keyboard players are ruining this game!!!!!!!!!!!

 

You get the picture......

Edited by Landescotch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prinzar said:

I’m happy to have them so lethal. 

I’m happy to let you carry as many as you find if you have space. 

I’m not happy that you can chuck a grenade 150-200m. Check this video

 

 

 

That's a stunning grenade (lot of luck though), unbelievable to bounce that through the window.

But the thrower is very high (looks almost as high as it is far) meaning that the throw would go much further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prinzar said:

The range in PUBG needs lowering to be more realistic 

 

49 minutes ago, AmaZedgorilla said:

You forget that every single player character in this game is an olympic gold medal in every sport. We can run nonstop for 20 minutes without getting tired, we can swim for ages, we can climb up rocks and never get tired. All this while carrying kilos of meds, ammo, 2-3 weapons,a frying pan, heavy kevlar, helmet and clothes. 😛 
The arc doesnt you show you exactly where the grenade will go, especially not when throwing from a height

 

^ like he said.

 

If they nerf the throwing range of grenades to be realistic, then they need to double the lethal range to be realistic and they'd need to add 50% to the 'non-lethal damage' range to be realistic (approx based on quick google).

 

Nothing is realistic in PUBG because otherwise it wouldn't be enjoyable to play, concessions have to be made for playability and entertainment.

 

Syringes 'weigh' a huge amount in the bag (as do painkillers) compared to energy drinks because they 'weigh' more in the power stakes.

We can run non-stop, we can heal injuries on demand, we can absorb gunshots to the face, car accidents, being run over, falling off cliffs.

 

For some reason swimming is the only semi-realistic thing in the game. Actually, it's not, swimming is too far the wrong way in PUBG. If you've ever been a competitive swimmer in real life then you'll know that swimming and recovering your breath is much too slow and awkward in PUBG.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gladiatorpie said:

I would argue that the other throwables still allow it. A well placed molly will push a guy off his rock or room and good stun can do the same in buildings. Hell if you want to make it really spicy you can smoke a building and play hide and seek. 

 

And if they reduced the lethal radius to say, 2m, people will still run as far as possible from the grenade. No one wants to tank 95% of their hp. 

 

 

You're absolutely right there, the molly is beautiful for shifting people behind stuff - I tend to use the molly more than the frag for this, I usually save frags for building campers because you can bounce them around and listen for them running.

 

I'm almost certain that if they nerf frags then people will just call for the mollys to be nerfed too. You know that's the likely outcome.

 

The problem is, if they reduce a frag's lethal range to 2m (more than 40% reduction in range), someone hiding behind a rock/tree in the final circle (waiting for the blue to push the enemy out) will just play the numbers...

They'll know that at least 9/10 times the grenade won't be close enough to cause them significant damage, especially when compared to the devastating damage the blue will do to the guy that's being forced into the 'grenade-or-rush' play. Frags don't do damage to armour at all and the grenade recipient will probably have time to (mostly) heal anyway.

 

On top of that, grenades will lose pretty much all effectiveness for building assaults, you'll easily be able to run to the other side of a room to avoid the majority if not all damage. And by the time you've rushed in the building and up the stairs, the enemy will probably be nearly full health again. The tactic of knocking one enemy (or injuring several) with a frag and then rushing in to 'clean up' while they panic will be ruined.

 

It will render grenades almost worthless and people won't bother with them anymore. Then they'll call for mollys to be nerfed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...