SpottyMoose

Cross platform.... Any progress?

Has anyone heard or knows anything regarding Xbox/PS4 cross platform.

I know it was mentioned a while back that they were looking into it but I was curious if there's been any progress on this or if it's still way down the list.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t count on it. Sony’s being stupid. They’re the only reason we haven’t got it yet. This late in the game I doubt we’ll see cross play for PUBG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HelloDaddio said:

I wouldn’t count on it. Sony’s being stupid. They’re the only reason we haven’t got it yet. This late in the game I doubt we’ll see cross play for PUBG

Yeah, you're probably right.

It's a shame, I'd imagine PUBG Corp would be pretty keen, purely to extend the life of the game on console.

The population on Xbox still seems OK, as I never have any long waits to find a game (I don't mind playing on NA once Oceania times out). 

Like any game though, the population will continue to drop and it'd be great to boost the player base with PS4 users.

2 hours ago, HelloDaddio said:

Are you sure about that? I thought Sony were open to crossplay now and they’ve done it with Fortnite and Rocket League.

• Like 1

Every game should have crossplay and matchmaking based on input method like fortnite does. I don't get why developers don't see this as an opportunity instead of ignoring this topic. It would reduce the usage of xim surely and would definately increase active playerbase. Ofc Sony being selfish and dumb about this doesnt help.

So you honestly think the developers who can't fix the games menu or the hundreds of other issues have the knowledge or resources to actually implement cross platform play? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pick Six said:

So you honestly think the developers who can't fix the games menu or the hundreds of other issues have the knowledge or resources to actually implement cross platform play? 

It has its issues but it's still playable and enjoyable for me. Let the cross platform bugfest begin.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, SpottyMoose said:

I know it was mentioned a while back that they were looking into it but I was curious if there's been any progress on this or if it's still way down the list.

Are you kidding they are struggling with just maintaining this thin on one platform alone never mind crossing.

You are insane. They will never introduce cross plat to PUBG. They can't even get shit right on the individual consoles. How the hell could they achieve cross plat! 😂

13 hours ago, HelloDaddio said:

And when Sony isn't being stupid, Microsoft is. They've been talking about doing this since I was a kid and it's never made any real progress.

Whichever company has the bigger marketshare will always block cross platform - in the belief that the other platform's loyal gamers will jump over to the dark side - at the moment it's Sony but it's always been like this.

I'd be surprised if we ever see genuine cross-platform across the consoles as the norm. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

LOL they cant get the game to work well on one platform at a time let alone figure out how to mesh different servers LOL you must be an FP player only an FP player would be so dense to think that this is even an option to build player base. 

Give up go play BF COD or APEX no wait times 

Edited by BlazedInThe253
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • RIP 1

Cross platform would be nice for the larger player pool. I play FPP in NA and it's really hard to get into a match early in the day during the week. The player count has really plummeted with these past few "quality" updates! 

17 hours ago, SpottyMoose said:

Hell at this rate Id take PC v XBOX, Im popping in on their discussion about the beryl and apparently they think we have aim assist. XD If only they knew the cold hard truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, wizardO3 said:

Hell at this rate Id take PC v XBOX, Im popping in on their discussion about the beryl and apparently they think we have aim assist. XD If only they knew the cold hard truth.

Funny but if we did I would turn that shit off always do 

1 minute ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

Funny but if we did I would turn that shit off always do 

I have to admit, ever since I started playing PUBG, I turn it off now as well. Played WoT the other day, had a cheeky shot on the side of a tiger and it was ammo racked.....gonne pop his turrent and suddenly a high speed batchat flies by and the game auto pulled my shot from the tiger to the tail of the BC!....I went bazerk!! How do I fix it, git rid of it, gAAAAArrrrrr!!!!

Auto aim is no longer an option!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

LOL they cant get the game to work well on one platform at a time let alone figure out how to mesh different servers LOL you must be an FP player only an FP player would be so dense to think that this is even an option to build player base. 

Give up go play BF COD or APEX no wait times 

I was just posting a question pal.

No need to be a complete prick about it.

• Like 1

I dont think they even consider it. its waaaay out of their league. What they said before is just to shut us up. 

Unless they bring new info about it

Guest hybiepoo

Actually you would think the netcode would be very similar across platforms. The required data should be the same. 

15 hours ago, SpottyMoose said:

I was just posting a question pal.

No need to be a complete prick about it.

My bad definitely wasn't trying to be a prick I understand I said dence that could be insulting my bad. 

Posted (edited)

I think if it does happen, this could be the first game to be cross platform between Xbox and Playstation. I've been reading talks about this for years now with other games but the only cross platform game I've ever played was Shadowrun on the Xbox against PC guys. Unless it's already been done before but I can't name a game at the moment that has cross platform between Xbox and Sony. 

Nvm. Looks like Rocket League has done it or will be doing it but it also looks like the Sony Fuck heads are the ones causing friction against the idea. 

Edited by FinestNoob 360

On 5/7/2019 at 7:32 PM, hybiepoo said:

Actually you would think the netcode would be very similar across platforms. The required data should be the same. 

Thats what I was thinking.

There shouldn’t be any issues with crossplay. Sure, this is pubg, so we cant get hopes too high, but I cant imagine there are many inherent networking issues.

xbox pubg is too broken for this. and it would require the devs to spend more than the 30 mins per week on the game they are spend now. but PC is about to have a bunch of new updates coming in 5 mins the again tomorrow morning then the day after i heard they get a double update.