MatthewFMMS

Lower spawn rate for frag grenades on Erangel

Frag grenade spawns should be reduced. They are very overpowered, especially when you just chuck 5 of them in some poor soul's general direction in a 1v1. They should be limited in numbers to allow for more gunplay rather than cheap grenade rain kills.

• Like 4
  • RIP 2

Oh here we go again. Complaining about nades. Just like people complain about <insert>.

Nades are just fine. They weigh a ton and take up precious space of your carrying capacity. If they have 5 nades then they have less of ammo or health. Possibly no smoke or stun nades either.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 2

They already take up a ton of backpack space. I used 4 to take out some guys holed up in a building last night. Molly and 4 nades made short work of em. I had to run while under fire to get close enough then unleashed. Risk reward type deal. Plus you can miss a window with a cooked nade and blow up yourself.

• Like 1

nades have become a large part of people their ways of attacking and they are super powerful.

dont know what can be done about it to nerf them a little tho.

• RIP 1

I recommend instead of limiting grenades, how about you Summer Donna and stay out of nade range.

Let's not nerf the game any more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MatthewFMMS said:

Frag grenade spawns should be reduced. They are very overpowered, especially when you just chuck 5 of them in some poor soul's general direction in a 1v1. They should be limited in numbers to allow for more gunplay rather than cheap grenade rain kills.

There are definitely entirely too many imho. Grenades should be very situational, to flush out enemies who are hard camping or behind a rock not peeking. 

Having 4 nades  per player per team thrown at you is silly and defeats the skill portion of the game. There needs to be a hard limit per player on every map imho, not just Erangel. Smokes, mollies, stuns I don’t think are necessary to limit but grenades are easy mode kills. Please reduce the sheer volume of them per player.

Edited by LTyrion
  • Like 2
  • RIP 2

4 hours ago, won slow truck said:

I recommend instead of limiting grenades, how about you Summer Donna and stay out of nade range.

It's kinda hard to keep distance in the late game in smaller circles. I find it sad when a guy rains grenades in my general direction in a 1v1 with no skill and gets the win without firing a shot at me.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, xTekx_1 said:

Oh here we go again. Complaining about nades. Just like people complain about <insert>.

Nades are just fine. They weigh a ton and take up precious space of your carrying capacity. If they have 5 nades then they have less of ammo or health. Possibly no smoke or stun nades either.

Grenades are fine as they are stats wise. I believe that the spawn rate should be nerfed to encourage more skilled play with grenades rather than raining down on some poor soul randomly in their direction until they die.

Weight alone doesn't discourage people from carrying more frag grenades. Frag grenades are a rather risk free solution for kills rather than risking health and armor. Especially when all it takes is one frag grenade and an rough location to pull off a kill scot free with minimal chance of giving up your exact location to others.

Also: It's good for people to complain to balance out the game. If the awm could one shot anyone in the chest reguardless of armor, everyone would complain to get it nerfed. The game would not be balanced if it wern't for people complaining.

Edited by MatthewFMMS
  • Like 1
  • RIP 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatFailure said:

you people wanted increased spawns

deal with it

the inflexibility that these people have in regards to their gamestyle, indicates that something about it is out of their control.

• RIP 2

Initially I was going to suggest that the OP suck it up.

Still, in the same way as the I'm not a massive fan of the increased loot on Erangel, his point has some merit.

In solo's, nope. Leave the grenades alone. You carry a lot of grenades at a sacrifice to meds/boosts/ammo etc. 

Assuming they are as plentiful in squads, then there's an argument for a reduced spawn. All 4 of you could easily carry 3-4 with no massive impact on your inventory. That would make for a beasting.

If anything, with the revised loot table on Erangel there is an argument for separate loot tables per game type. More loot on squads than on solo's etc.

• Like 1

I think there are bit too much spawns, before update I hardly had moments like wtf can’t carry anymore, open tab and opps 5-6nades.

but getting rain down with nades I have no problem with that.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SAD K/D said:

Tisk reward type deal. Plus you can miss a window with a cooked nade and blow up yourself.

Or you can overcook it and kill yourself. Saw TSM_Break do it on stream just a couple days ago. XD (was a duo though and he was revived)

Edited by Biochemikas

The amount of nades should not be unlimited. A max limit for all grenades to carry would be nice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, won slow truck said:

and how do you want to do that? You can´t always choose your fights, especially not the close range ones. Nades are insanly powerful and you can throw them very far. Mainly on Sanhok, just tag someone 100m away run a bit towards him while he heals and throw a nade behind his tree -> free kill. People think they have enough time to heal because they are very far away but in fact you can easily reach them with a grenade

• Like 2

1 hour ago, natznatz2 said:

and how do you want to do that? You can´t always choose your fights, especially not the close range ones. Nades are insanly powerful and you can throw them very far. Mainly on Sanhok, just tag someone 100m away run a bit towards him while he heals and throw a nade behind his tree -> free kill. People think they have enough time to heal because they are very far away but in fact you can easily reach them with a grenade

Well that seals it then. We should remove all ability to kill someone at range. Melee only should be the only true test of skill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 1

13 minutes ago, xTekx_1 said:

Well that seals it then. We should remove all ability to kill someone at range. Melee only should be the only true test of skill.

I just answered to won slow trucks post who said that you should simply stay out of nade range, get the context

Also it requires 0 skill, you have to try it and you´ll see what I mean. Hit someone once and it´s basically a safe kill, I´m not even exaggerating

13 hours ago, LTyrion said:

There are definitely entirely too many imho. Grenades should be very situational, to flush out enemies who are hard camping or behind a rock not peeking. 

Having 4 nades  per player per team thrown at you is silly and defeats the skill portion of the game. There needs to be a hard limit per player on every map imho, not just Erangel. Smokes, mollies, stuns I don’t think are necessary to limit but grenades are easy mode kills. Please reduce the sheer volume of them per player.

Agree completely. I don't have an issue with the other nade types but the frag nades are just too OP.  It's especially bad in the end game when the circle is smaller, you don't need backpack room for much of anything at that point and people just rain down nades everywhere. Not a great experience IMO.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, natznatz2 said:

I just answered to won slow trucks post who said that you should simply stay out of nade range, get the context

Also it requires 0 skill, you have to try it and you´ll see what I mean. Hit someone once and it´s basically a safe kill, I´m not even exaggerating

My point stands.

• RIP 1

4 hours ago, natznatz2 said:

Not all nade kills are created equal dude. I one won a game by getting one through a tiny window just as the blue was closing and I would have had to charge across open ground towards the guy in said building and definitely die. It was epic and very satisfying.

PUBG is a tactical shooter and not a simple twitch reaction shooter.

Keeping in mind that people can have and can use nades should be incorporated into your tactics. Those who think only about what's in front of their crosshairs are going to be at  a disadvantage in PUBG.

57 minutes ago, Alalien said:

Keeping in mind that people can have and can use nades should be incorporated into your tactics. Those who think only about what's in front of their crosshairs are going to be at  a disadvantage in PUBG.

Yep. And the prevailing tactics in this tactical "shooter" is to stock up on ridiculous numbers of nades and just throw them in the general vicinity of players to kill them. Great.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

1 hour ago, Alalien said:

Keeping in mind that people can and can use nades should be incorporated into your tactics. Those who think only about what's in front of their crosshairs are going to be at  a disadvantage in PUBG.

How would you deal a guy sitting on the other side of a hill chucking nades in your direction without even seeing you? If he's got enough nades and luck you'll die. If an entire squad has 4-5 frag grenades per person you probably won't live long enough for them to run out.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

8 minutes ago, MatthewFMMS said:

How would you deal a guy sitting on the other side of a hill chucking nades in your direction without even seeing you?

run.