Sign in to follow this  
Sidartha

randomly lose control of my character..

On 5/29/2019 at 2:56 AM, Sidartha said:

Once I removed the files the next time I rebooted Discord requested permission to "integrate" with LGS again and I just hit "cancel" instead of "accept" and it never asked again. I have also been cured of this problem since removing those files so I feel confident in saying Discord was the culprit in this issue. What a mess. Discord is out of control with all the garbage they keep adding. I liked discord better when it was focused on chatting..

Thanks for the update, glad to know you seem to have worked out the issue.

Did you happen to notice if it made a difference whether you used the web app or desktop app, or was it specifically the LGS integration that was the issue as far as you are aware?

10 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Thanks for the update, glad to know you seem to have worked out the issue.

Did you happen to notice if it made a difference whether you used the web app or desktop app, or was it specifically the LGS integration that was the issue as far as you are aware?

I only use the desktop app so couldn't say but it's apparently caused by the LGS integration files that it places in my LGS folder. Removing those files is what did it. Really no idea how it's "integrating" itself but whatever it's doing it's completely blocking my key input when it's doing it.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:49 AM, ZMBU said:

Try this, might not work but worth a try...

Open Discord > User Settings  > Appearance > Advanced > Hardware Acceleration. Turn it Off, if it isn't already. Was an issue years ago but might be influencing the current problem.

👍

Finally the solution is good. The installation window does not come back anymore !!!! And I even think that if the files are installed, it is absolutely necessary to remove the hardware acceleration option !!! I knew this option existed for lag problems, to have it removed on the PCs of my children. But I could not think that it would influence the G13 !!! So thanks for the help.

• Thanks 1

One more shot in the water! Finally here is what I had to do to block the Discord applet with the Logitech assistant.

image.png.255b83afa03c5dfcbf95bc67886931ee.png

Stop the launch in the Logitech applet and choose the option "Never Lunch". Start Discord manually and not at windows launch!

On 5/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, Sidartha said:

Once I removed the files the next time I rebooted Discord requested permission to "integrate" with LGS again and I just hit "cancel" instead of "accept" and it never asked again. I have also been cured of this problem since removing those files so I feel confident in saying Discord was the culprit in this issue. What a mess. Discord is out of control with all the garbage they keep adding. I liked discord better when it was focused on chatting..

Their new launcher function is pretty garbage, just IMO. "Focus on what you do well, not what everyone else is doing..." - A previous Journeyman.