Sign in to follow this  
Chefboyarnie88

Helmet question

This may be a stupid question, but I had never experienced it before. We were playing squads and I was spectating after getting killed. Our last guy gets into a gun fight with the last guy remaining on their team. Proceeds to shoot the helmet off of the guy, like you see the helmet pop off and when he wins the gun fight I spectate and he’s running around without a helmet anymore. Anyone else ever experienced this? I tried to get a video but I haven’t checked to see if it saved at the right time, was a little late on hitting the record button.

2 minutes ago, Chefboyarnie88 said:

This may be a stupid question, but I had never experienced it before. We were playing squads and I was spectating after getting killed. Our last guy gets into a gun fight with the last guy remaining on their team. Proceeds to shoot the helmet off of the guy, like you see the helmet pop off and when he wins the gun fight I spectate and he’s running around without a helmet anymore. Anyone else ever experienced this? I tried to get a video but I haven’t checked to see if it saved at the right time, was a little late on hitting the record button.

Helmets have a health limit and can be destroyed, so this is likely what occured.

Posted (edited)

Yeah if the helmet takes all its remaining damage It comes off, so if the helmet has 1 health and you are at full health it will save you but be destroyed and come off the players head, perfectly normal just normally dont notice as either you die or you replace it.

Edited by WainZ0r

9 minutes ago, Takarii said:

Helmets have a health limit and can be destroyed, so this is likely what occured.

That’s what I was thinking but wasn’t sure. Just had never seen it before. Usually once the helmet goes they’re knocked or killed. Probably a fairly rare occurrence. Thanks for clarifying