Sign in to follow this  
chn

Sync between video and telemetry

Hi,

I have recorded the PUBG gameplay locally on my PC and now I have downloaded the telemetry file from the server as well. How do I synchronize the time-stamps present in the telemetry file to the video time?

-chn

On 5/2/2019 at 3:06 PM, chn said:

Hi,

I have recorded the PUBG gameplay locally on my PC and now I have downloaded the telemetry file from the server as well. How do I synchronize the time-stamps present in the telemetry file to the video time?

-chn

There isn't an easy way to do this. Time stamps in the teleletry are DateTime, not elapsed time, so you can't just link it that way.

The easiest thing to do would be to look for the LOGVEHICLELEAVE or LOGVEHICLERIDE events that coincides with your plane journey and then use that to syncronise as best you can

• Thanks 1

Hi Takarii, Thanks for the response!

So, are you suggesting that I look at some image processing/vision techniques to detect plane journey in the video (and hence note it's video time) and then sync it with the time at which the LOGVEHICLELEAVE event first occurs in the telemetry file?

On 5/7/2019 at 7:01 AM, chn said:

Hi Takarii, Thanks for the response!

So, are you suggesting that I look at some image processing/vision techniques to detect plane journey in the video (and hence note it's video time) and then sync it with the time at which the LOGVEHICLELEAVE event first occurs in the telemetry file?

That would be one of the ways I might attempt to do it. The trick is to connect a specific event with a specific timestamp on the video. After that, it should be a pretty close match up (though remember to take into account latency too).

Strictly speaking, you could use absolutely any event, but a specifically consisntent one - like entering/leaving the plane is smarter as that one will appear in every game and be right near the start of the telemetry.