Jump to content
JetFalcon

Why wasn't PUBG in Avengers : End Game

Recommended Posts

So how come Fortnite still takes the spotlight when it comes to pop culture references?  I like the design of it and it looks cool from a artistic standpoint, but the game on Xbox feels something similar to a free-mium mobile app game, even when played on Xbox One.  I don't even know why there are PC gamers who spend thousands on their set up, then go play Fortnite just to display cartoony graphics rather than realistic graphics like in COD.  

 

I felt whatever alien creature thing was playing Fortnite, why is he so scared of an 11 yr old kid talking trash to him?  Like he needed his other adult alien friend to scare away this 11 yr old kid?  I felt this alien creature would rather play PUBG or Apex since that's what most young adults play.  I feel the famous streamers are only playing Fortnite b/c kids are a big part of their audience, and kids now are tuning into famous video games streamers instead of Disney channel.  

 

I play Fortnite once in a while, and if I team up w/ randoms, it's always a kid, never a young adult / adult.  Only PUBG or Apex, if I play w/ random teammates, it's usually a young adult who may smoke weed.  But I tried to give Fortnite a chance, but it's not fun at all and it def looks like a free game.  The quality feels on par to something like NeoPets or Habbo Hotel, where its free, but then if you wanna do cooler stuff, you gotta pay up.  I haven't really looked into the stuff you can buy on Fortnite, I just accept whatever default character the game gives me.  

 

I like the theme of Fortnite and all its visuals, but I hate playing the actual game.  

 

 

 

 

  • RIP 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Goofy The Scot said:

Fortnite appeals to their target audience (teenagers) more than PUBG

Kids..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JetFalcon said:

So how come Fortnite still takes the spotlight when it comes to pop culture references?  I like the design of it and it looks cool from a artistic standpoint, but the game on Xbox feels something similar to a free-mium mobile app game, even when played on Xbox One.  I don't even know why there are PC gamers who spend thousands on their set up, then go play Fortnite just to display cartoony graphics rather than realistic graphics like in COD.  

 

I felt whatever alien creature thing was playing Fortnite, why is he so scared of an 11 yr old kid talking trash to him?  Like he needed his other adult alien friend to scare away this 11 yr old kid?  I felt this alien creature would rather play PUBG or Apex since that's what most young adults play.  I feel the famous streamers are only playing Fortnite b/c kids are a big part of their audience, and kids now are tuning into famous video games streamers instead of Disney channel.  

 

I play Fortnite once in a while, and if I team up w/ randoms, it's always a kid, never a young adult / adult.  Only PUBG or Apex, if I play w/ random teammates, it's usually a young adult who may smoke weed.  But I tried to give Fortnite a chance, but it's not fun at all and it def looks like a free game.  The quality feels on par to something like NeoPets or Habbo Hotel, where its free, but then if you wanna do cooler stuff, you gotta pay up.  I haven't really looked into the stuff you can buy on Fortnite, I just accept whatever default character the game gives me.  

 

I like the theme of Fortnite and all its visuals, but I hate playing the actual game.  

 

 

 

 

Not really sure what to reply to this as you state you don’t know why people spend stupid money on a PC to play a cartoony game and then in the next sentence you say you like the look of fortnite lol. 

 

Like you said you i don’t like the gameplay mechanics of fortnite but a lot of people do and that’s why they play it. Not because of how it looks but because of the enjoyment they get from it. 

 

For a cartoony looking game I think it looks pretty good tbh on my X and monitor. But I don’t like the aim assist and the building aspect of it. I play shooters to shoot people, not to build walls if I’m getting shot at. 

 

Also if you take out the crazy building skills you need to be a top player it’s quite a easy game to pick up and have fun with, pubg on the other hand you need to put in a stupid amount of time to get good so new players are easily turned off by the skill gap. Especially at this stage of the game with you savages playing! 

 

Anyway the reason why endgame is on fortnite is because they have a huge team developing it plus it’s easily the biggest game out there right now and has the perfect target audience, why wouldn’t marvel do a deal with them? I know I would. Just think if they were to add stuff like that to PUBG, we would be waiting until Christmas for it haha. 

Edited by BuckStar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also fortnite are currently running an endgame game mode, they also did a thanos one when infinity war came out in season 4 as my son keeps telling me, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney had some stake in the fortnite franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tie in with Fortnite doing an avengers game mode is definitely the answer.. but why would Disney prefer to use that to pubg, or any other current game title? It is instantly recognisable to more people, and ties in better to the 12 rating of the movie. I doubt the majority of none gamers would have recognised it if it were pubg, sadly..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Migwar said:

The tie in with Fortnite doing an avengers game mode is definitely the answer.. but why would Disney prefer to use that to pubg, or any other current game title? It is instantly recognisable to more people, and ties in better to the 12 rating of the movie. I doubt the majority of none gamers would have recognised it if it were pubg, sadly..

Absolutely, everytime I say I play pubg people go what's that, oh that's like fortnite or I have to say it's like fortnite as people recognise it more unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 9:10 AM, pajama dad said:

A simple answer- more people recognize fortnite.

Correction "more little kids recognize fortnite." Its the kids who make Fortnite popular just like Disney. How do you think that kid "Fred" on Youtubw got so big and his show is beyond stupid for somebody of the likes of the PUBG crowd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its to do with its younger target audience, but I don't think its as simple as "kids recognize it" 

 

There's a much higher profile for the game in mainstream media, due to dance copyright battles, toy ranges, football players copying said dances.. 

 

They've just done a great job marketing their product

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Migwar said:

I think its to do with its younger target audience, but I don't think its as simple as "kids recognize it" 

 

There's a much higher profile for the game in mainstream media, due to dance copyright battles, toy ranges, football players copying said dances.. 

 

They've just done a great job marketing their product

Disagree. Most of the time I try to remain ignorant free but this is just a case of tons of "kids recognize it". All that other stuff you mentioned didnt help but is a product of its massive popularity. If it was PUBG the media wouldn't give a shit and I doubt having even more media presence would help as newer people would probably be turned off by the learning curve and all the other bugs that riddles this game.

 

I dont really have a problem with Fortnite either. If that's your thing. Cool. I played it for a bit and I just prefer the realism and tactical gameplay PUBG provides. Fortnite is just more casual,kid, and streamer friendly. That along with being free and having a giant company backing it, Epic, is a recipe for success. Kids dont want to watch Juju Smith-Schuster camp in a fucking bush for hours on end lmao but they do want to watch him build magical towers and do the JBloc boy dance on stream while his character does the same dance on the game.

Edited by FinestNoob 360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Chefboyarnie88 said:

68F0DB5B-ED08-43F8-BCDB-449FC059D000.jpeg

People who care about a game that is already dying and would like to see more people join the player base but cannot since games like Fortnite and Apex have taken alot of the player base as well as the popularity, oh I dont know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WainZ0r said:

Also fortnite are currently running an endgame game mode, they also did a thanos one when infinity war came out in season 4 as my son keeps telling me, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney had some stake in the fortnite franchise.

 

It was also featured in Ralph Breaks the Internet.  But only for a few seconds, and the characters don't mention  or interact with the game.  

 

I was surprised End Game dedicated an entire scene for Fortnite.  Halo or Call of Duty never got the same treatment in any mainstream movie like Fortnite on Endgame.  When they were in the spotlight 10-12 years ago.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

People who care about a game that is already dying and would like to see more people join the player base but cannot since games like Fortnite and Apex have taken alot of the player base as well as the popularity, oh I dont know.

That’s great and all, but a 3 minute spot in a movie isn’t going to grow the pubg player base. The player base was plenty big enough, but many people left due to poor performance on the games and the devs part. Base isn’t going to grow again until that stuff starts getting fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chefboyarnie88 said:

That’s great and all, but a 3 minute spot in a movie isn’t going to grow the pubg player base. The player base was plenty big enough, but many people left due to poor performance on the games and the devs part. Base isn’t going to grow again until that stuff starts getting fixed.

You'd be surprised how powerful even a 3 minute advertisement can be especially for an international movie like Avengers. The media can be very powerful tool. Heck, I'm a giant Game of Thrones fan and I was listening to a podcast about a review of the latest episode the other day and these guys mentioned something about another show, The Expanse, and saying how it was Game of Thrones in space and that is all it took to spark curiosity and for me to check it out and now I think I've found another show to watch. Just that one little mention influenced my decision. It doesnt matter if stuff starts getting fixed as well since the player base will be difficult to increase at this point and Fortnite has continued to increase in popularity because of advertisement like this. I havent seen the movie but I'm sure it got lots of new people's attention probably asking what game was being shown and then instantly the player base has increased by a percent which could mean several hundreds maybe thousand off the movie alone.

Edited by FinestNoob 360

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 8:34 AM, Jack_Burton said:

Too bad Thanos didn't snap Fortnite out of existence lol

Never saw any of the Avengers shoot a plunger before 🤔 or drop in from Ms. Firzzles Magic school bus..... They did have a Quinjet though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...