I've been playing PUBG since May 2017. I primarily play on PC but since some friends of mine do not own a PC i sometimes play PUBG on PS4.

The first thing i realized there's no FPP in EU and it sometimes takes a hell lot of time to join a lobby compared to PC. My friends told me it's probably because of the low player count and a lot of people quitting the game. The more i played on PS4 the more i realized why people quit.

The first mistake in my eyes was to charge ~30$ for the game while your competition (e.g. Fortnite, Apex) offers their game for free. I think you would've made more money (via survivor pass and cosmetics) and had way more players if it was free. At least i would've been willing to buy a season pass if i hadn't spent 30$ for the game itself already. But in the end it's pure speculation and i can see why you decided to charge 30 bucks.

The second thing i'd like to adress is the way updates/content/survivor passes are handled. I understand your primary focus lies on PC players. I get that. But what makes me sick is the unclarity. When will new content come to consoles? When will there be a new update? When will the new survivor pass start? As i said. I understand consoles get the updates later than PC players. But hey, the vikendi pass ended almost one month ago and we still don't know when the wild card pass will launch on consoles? For almost one month there's nothing to do in the game besides jumping out the plane and either win or die. No ways of increasing in level, no achievements and most importantly no rewards besides a few BP.

And if you do not want to/are not able to launch the next survivor pass a week after the last one ended why are there no achievements? Is it really that hard to implement an achievement system that's available at any given time (it's a serious question, i have no idea of programming)? That way players have something to do until the next survivor pass starts. E.g.:

• Kill 100 Players with the AK --> rewards you with an AK Skin
  • Collect a lvl 2 Backpack in 50 matches --> rewards you with a lvl. 2 Backpack skin
  • I guess you get what i mean

Playing the game on PS4 right now feels unrewarding and like a waste of time to me. After just one month of playing maybe 3-4 hours a week i grew tired of PUBG. I want the console players to have the same experience that PC players have. At least when it comes to having fun while playing the game (ofc consoles can't keep up with the PC performance). Most of my PSN friends quit the game and so did i. I will no longer play on PS4 until the game is actually fun.

If you have anything to add to the list leave a comment below and i will add it to the list. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Tense said:

I've been playing PUBG since May 2017. I primarily play on PC but since some friends of mine do not own a PC i sometimes play PUBG on PS4.

The first thing i realized there's no FPP in EU and it sometimes takes a hell lot of time to join a lobby compared to PC. My friends told me it's probably because of the low player count and a lot of people quitting the game. The more i played on PS4 the more i realized why people quit.

The first mistake in my eyes was to charge ~30$ for the game while your competition (e.g. Fortnite, Apex) offers their game for free. I think you would've made more money (via survivor pass and cosmetics) and had way more players if it was free. At least i would've been willing to buy a season pass if i hadn't spent 30$ for the game itself already. But in the end it's pure speculation and i can see why you decided to charge 30 bucks.

The second thing i'd like to adress is the way updates/content/survivor passes are handled. I understand your primary focus lies on PC players. I get that. But what makes me sick is the unclarity. When will new content come to consoles? When will there be a new update? When will the new survivor pass start? As i said. I understand consoles get the updates later than PC players. But hey, the vikendi pass ended almost one month ago and we still don't know when the wild card pass will launch on consoles? For almost one month there's nothing to do in the game besides jumping out the plane and either win or die. No ways of increasing in level, no achievements and most importantly no rewards besides a few BP.

And if you do not want to/are not able to launch the next survivor pass a week after the last one ended why are there no achievements? Is it really that hard to implement an achievement system that's available at any given time (it's a serious question, i have no idea of programming)? That way players have something to do until the next survivor pass starts. E.g.:

• Kill 100 Players with the AK --> rewards you with an AK Skin
  • Collect a lvl 2 Backpack in 50 matches --> rewards you with a lvl. 2 Backpack skin
  • I guess you get what i mean

Playing the game on PS4 right now feels unrewarding and like a waste of time to me. After just one month of playing maybe 3-4 hours a week i grew tired of PUBG. I want the console players to have the same experience that PC players have. At least when it comes to having fun while playing the game (ofc consoles can't keep up with the PC performance). Most of my PSN friends quit the game and so did i. I will no longer play on PS4 until the game is actually fun.

If you have anything to add to the list leave a comment below and i will add it to the list. 

We definitely need more skins, that's a huge thing with me. 

• Like 1

well said, I like playing this game but having no rewards kinda get me bored and for that reason alone a lot of my psn friends quit this game. I'm having break and not gonna play till wildcard land on ps4. vikendi season ended over a month ago and still no announcement? that's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more with everything you wrote, I just believe like previous posts like this, its gonna go under the radar or overlooked unfortunately. 

That one big issue on PC now as far as I know (haven't played in around a month) is the cheaters and mixed servers sometimes with people teleporting around because of ping difference and lags. Cheaters issue is the biggest on PC I think tho. 

On consoles there are various problems, from M&K users, through everything you said, up until what was marketed pre-releasing of the game and what we have. 

For me, an FPP hardcore man, being forced to play ONLY TPP on consoles (because FPP servers are dead since they came out basically, and they came out over a month after the game was released!!!!), this is very disappointing, but I try to take it lightly since Im mostly a PC player, just use the console more on my trip and with friends who don't own a PC. 

But problems are still adding up, Vikendi has the most map issues, with Miramar I somehow encounter the most lag issues, and Erangel feels like there are much less issues there, I just play it so rarely it frustrates sometimes. 

So yeah, all in all I completely agree and can add a lot to this post, but lets not make it a total rant and continue with what you have applied

+1

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes of course there's a lot to add to that list. But i think we should start with the important stuff that really breaks the game. At least it seems most important to me.

The m&k users on Ps4 you mentioned are a real issue as well. You're right with that. But wasn't that sony's decision? I didn't get too much into the topic as there's no way i'll be playing with m&k on my PS4.

And yes the cheaters on PC is still a thing. Luckily i don't come across too many of them. At least i think so maybe there are just a lot out there who are good in hiding their cheats. But there are a lot who seem fishy.

I'm just wondering whether it's really that hard to change the game to a better. I really have no idea of developing a game and i really don't want to demand sth that's just impossible to achieve in a short amount of time. I mean Epic is doing great with delivering updates and new content but are now faced with criticism regarding their work conditions. I don't want anyone to be a slave just so i can play a good game. However nobody can tell me it's too much work to tell your players when new content will approximately be available.

But since the developers will never read this let alone answer we will never find out....

Edited by Tense
  • Like 1

Yes mate, there are many things that are very important in my opinion to this game being more addictive and fun. 

For one, adjust the FPS, lower the details of unnecessary crap so everyone can enjoy over a decent FPS.

I'm so sick of everyone suggesting as a normal solution to upgrade the hardware of the PS4 as in upgrading to an SSD, or upgrade the PS4 to Pro, or change the internet supplier. 

I have had PS console forever, and in all my years and games played I can't even mention ONE game that released a game to a console and to enjoy it YOU had to upgrade the console, not the game developers adjust to stock hardware. That is just insane from my pov. 

The company published 60fps, we are nowhere close to that. and I have the PS4 Pro console. When I came where I am I switched TV's(!!!) and it got a little better, but still far off. 

No, I will not buy in hundreds of dollars an ssd to improve the loading screen times and item appearing, if pubg corp makes so much money, they should buy it for me. same logic applies. 

They published pre-release the game will not support M&K users, but there are still many M&K players who use XIM and other crap to overrride the system, and guess what? they do nothing about it. and as an experienced PC player who played from PC release almost AND experienced console player in general (had pubg in preload ran it the second it was released too), you can tell mouse manuevers instantly. what can you do with it? absolutely nothing. 

In PC I have encountered cheaters, some when I died by their gun, spectated, watch the cheats and report it instantly. 

Well, here it doesn't work the same. console players have to put in work to almost no results, so this is very frustrating. 

All in all, its a nice game, nothing more. I enjoy playing it with friends at times, but its out barely 4 months and in the pros and cons comparing table you know which one carries more weight.

• Like 1