TheDRIVERman

Vehicle damage parallel from pc to console

Hello. So I've been playing pubg on xbox since december 2017. I remember when the final circle was filled with cars, because no one knew how to shoot yet. We cried to the pubg gods and they answered our prayers and nerfed the cars. But we all know how to aim now, so shooting people put of cars is easier than blowing them up ever was.

My point is, that watching pc players full send cars off hills, into each other, drifting into buildings to storm them without getting lit up, barrel rolling across feilds, and still having the health required to have gunfights. 

Am I alone in thinking the cars on console should have the same durability, and that damage to people in the cars should be equal on all platforms? Can we have strong vehicles again on console? Please? There is no fear of demolition derbys top 10 anymore since we can all easily shoot people out of cars now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TheDRIVERman said:

Hello. So I've been playing pubg on xbox since december 2017. I remember when the final circle was filled with cars, because no one knew how to shoot yet. We cried to the pubg gods and they answered our prayers and nerfed the cars. But we all know how to aim now, so shooting people put of cars is easier than blowing them up ever was.

My point is, that watching pc players full send cars off hills, into each other, drifting into buildings to storm them without getting lit up, barrel rolling across feilds, and still having the health required to have gunfights. 

Am I alone in thinking the cars on console should have the same durability, and that damage to people in the cars should be equal on all platforms? Can we have strong vehicles again on console? Please? There is no fear of demolition derbys top 10 anymore since we can all easily shoot people out of cars now. 

I made like 20 posts about this. The people screaming to nerf the cars were louder. It was never necessary. They just needed to fix frames and desync that was making it harder to hit people. They fixed the desync pretty much (compared to how it was) and then left the cars trash. Especially the handling. Was once one of the funnest parts of pubg was to drive a vehicle, now nobody want to drive. It's a chore. They should atleast make the car handling like it was before. They dont have to buff the cars, but less damage when you wreck would be awesome.

Screenshot_20190429-104615_Reddit.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Id be fine if they left the actual vehicle durability alone but fixed how much damage your character takes if you hit anything. Just now i squeezed through a bridge block only to hit their getaway vehicle on the other side, put me right down to about 10 hp, needless to say i didnt survive. So frustrating though after watching pc streams and how they can rally in the vehicles without fear and ive killed myself in the field east of pochinki numerous times. Not as bad as it once was but still far from on par with pc which is what I thought the devs were going for?🤔

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:53 AM, TheDRIVERman said:

Not gonna lie, been a couple times I screamed bloody murder just cause I tapped a table at 30 MPH and died instantly from it. Not cause the car glitched into the table and exploded, but acted like it hit a wall, bounced, and Im dead from impact......wish they would fix those things.

• Thanks 1

They should nerf the dmg multiplier on vehicles, any crash above 50mph it's you with yellow/red hp, it's plain stupid 

• Like 1

I always think of this when I watch PC streamers. They slam into buildings, rocks, you name it and take maybe 10% to 20% damage. It sucks for us hitting some rock or bump that stops you, or sends you flipping near a enemy to only have 80% of your health gone and once you get out, your dead from a shot or two because you are so low on health

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, mamulator said:

I made like 20 posts about this. The people screaming to nerf the cars were louder. It was never necessary. They just needed to fix frames and desync that was making it harder to hit people. They fixed the desync pretty much (compared to how it was) and then left the cars trash. Especially the handling. Was once one of the funnest parts of pubg was to drive a vehicle, now nobody want to drive. It's a chore. They should atleast make the car handling like it was before. They dont have to buff the cars, but less damage when you wreck would be awesome.

Screenshot_20190429-104615_Reddit.jpg

SEATBELTS SEATBELTS SEATBELTS!!!!

I've been telling my buddies for over a year now that there should be an option to put in a seat belt on when you get in the car!

50% damage reduction in vehicle collisions,  and 75% if ALL (+2) occupants are wearing one.

Penalties: 3 seconds to activate, 1 second to deactivate must be traveling under 30kmph.

Thoughts?????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, American Bully said:

SEATBELTS SEATBELTS SEATBELTS!!!!

I've been telling my buddies for over a year now that there should be an option to put in a seat belt on when you get in the car!

50% damage reduction in vehicle collisions,  and 75% if ALL (+2) occupants are wearing one.

Penalties: 3 seconds to activate, 1 second to deactivate must be traveling under 30kmph.

Thoughts?????

Its a good idea, but sadly would be impossible for the xbox team {all 4 of them} to implement on our side. The extra coding, days off, extra animations, drinking, and de bugging after a brief nap from lunch would be just too much.

• Haha 3

i had to laugh at that wizard, i support them 100% but they are small and inexperienced.

• Like 1

I just don’t know why it’s different than pc, it makes no sense considering we have a ported version of the pc game, why would they change that part of the coding? 

5 hours ago, Dinnerforone said:

I just don’t know why it’s different than pc, it makes no sense considering we have a ported version of the pc game, why would they change that part of the coding? 

Back in the day when PUBG was new, no one could figure out how to aim, and if you was driving a car, you became the hardest target in the game to shoot at. So the devs decided to make driving more of a liability....More damage if you hit something, if you get shot, and if someone manages to get a whole magazine worth of ammo dumped into your wheels. Now however, people are starting to get good enough, where the extra liability part could perhaps be changed back to the original version of the game, cause people are shooting drivers and passengers out with much more accuracy.

• Thanks 1