Win 94 Scope Poll  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the addition of a scope on the Win 94? Fixed Scope or Changeable?

2. 2. Magnification?

12 hours ago, zorg00 said:

I'll refer to my quote from the other thread on this: 

"What I was going to say is basically that if we add the ability to put a scope on it; they'll have to lower the damage (right now it's over 100 to a lvl 1 helmet, and 99 to a level 2); making it less viable.  And basically worthless again.  You can't have it doing the damage that it does now, with a scope on it.  The whole point of the weapon now is that you have to hit a perfect shot with it to kill people with it. If you add a scope, you have to either lower the damage, or lower the spawn rate.

How would adding a scope make it less viable with the power that It has? That doesn't make any sense to me. IF we do get a scope, and that's a big if, then we would see how balanced it is with the scope. If it needs to be nerfed a little bit, that's fine with me. We won't know until we try though.

12 hours ago, zorg00 said:

The only reason people are asking for a scope now is because the spawn rate is so high and they see it more than they see a K9 or M24. 

Also, nobody runs a shotgun unless nothing else is available.

I've wanted a scope on it since I found it for the first time in the game. The spawn rate for snipers has always been low. I don't think anyone wants it because of the lack of snipers, I think most want it because in it's current state, the gun is almost useless.

Not many people but some run shotguns in the end of the game. Shotguns got the choke and the duckbill so what 's wrong with the Winchester getting a low magnification scope?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

Make the scoped version of it a drop crate item with a fixed scope. 

really? Whats better? a scoped win94 with 66 dmg or an AWM with 105 dmg?

20 hours ago, zorg00 said:

If you add a scope, you have to either lower the damage, or lower the spawn rate.

I vote for lowering the spawn rate.

It's got to be worth a try (adding the scope) hasn't it? They can undo it if it stinks or rebalance it if it's too much. It might make the gun more fun to use on Xbox.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColonicBoom said:

I vote for lowering the spawn rate.

It's got to be worth a try (adding the scope) hasn't it? They can undo it if it stinks or rebalance it if it's too much. It might make the gun more fun to use on Xbox.

Agree . It would be no see a scope + if it would be only xbox i'll go and laugh in face to each friend of my who's playing on pc saying : "haha i killed some1 with win94 from 400 meters ,because we have scope on it, not like you PC" 

• Like 1

+ what's the use of the win94 if nobody is using it? Just shroud and few streamers. It would be fun with scope. Up to 4x or 6x

6 hours ago, Big Stend said:

really? Whats better? a scoped win94 with 66 dmg or an AWM with 105 dmg?

Theres room for another. It might not be better but it's something. I only used the Win once and thought that it was pretty powerful when I got a kill with it. Wouldnt mind getting it from a crate if it had at least a 4x attached to it.

21 hours ago, zorg00 said:

I'll refer to my quote from the other thread on this: 

"What I was going to say is basically that if we add the ability to put a scope on it; they'll have to lower the damage (right now it's over 100 to a lvl 1 helmet, and 99 to a level 2); making it less viable.  And basically worthless again.  You can't have it doing the damage that it does now, with a scope on it.  The whole point of the weapon now is that you have to hit a perfect shot with it to kill people with it. If you add a scope, you have to either lower the damage, or lower the spawn rate.  The only reason people are asking for a scope now is because the spawn rate is so high and they see it more than they see a K9 or M24. 

Also for your consideration: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/zorg00/video/73314370"

This post should end the argument here. The Win94 is part of the game balance and is a high skill requirement weapon intended for the beginning to early-midgame. It should not be changed to make it viable for end game situations as it would mess with the balancing of weapons of similar type IE M24, Kar98k.  

Point is, if your shot is good enough you can hit it with the Win94 early, mid, or late game but it is similar to carrying a pump/crack barrel shotgun or crossbow into late game. If you can perform, great, if not... you really have a sub-optimal setup for your skill level or situation at hand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brodinn92 said:

This post should end the argument here. The Win94 is part of the game balance and is a high skill requirement weapon intended for the beginning to early-midgame. It should not be changed to make it viable for end game situations as it would mess with the balancing of weapons of similar type IE M24, Kar98k.  

Point is, if your shot is good enough you can hit it with the Win94 early, mid, or late game but it is similar to carrying a pump/crack barrel shotgun or crossbow into late game. If you can perform, great, if not... you really have a sub-optimal setup for your skill level or situation at hand.

There is no argument to end and the results from the poll should tell you everything you need to know, people want the rifle to have a scope, end of discussion.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

Theres room for another. It might not be better but it's something. I only used the Win once and thought that it was pretty powerful when I got a kill with it. Wouldnt mind getting it from a crate if it had at least a 4x attached to it.

OK i got your idea. But wouldn't be better to find it worldwide with 4x, it sounds better isn't it? If it would be in a crate , the AWM would lose his value. The crate is for "stronger" guns , or to give an advantage. The win94 wouldn't give any advantage and it's not stronger than his AWM bro. If it would be in crate, the kar98 and m24 should be there too cause they are powerful guns.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 10:05 PM, zorg00 said:

next lets put red dots on the pump action and over-under - I can't roll my eyes hard enough at the thought of a winchester with a scope on it. 

Why not? After doing a bit of research, it seems to be quite common.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:15 PM, zorg00 said:

Nah, that might be accurate for you, but a shotty is a beast in close quarter combat.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

Was limited on the amount of questions I could put so this will have to do.

Want a scope on the Win94? Fixed or changeable? Magnification?

Currently the Win 94 is only viable at the beginning of the game when people land. Adding a scope, whether fixed or changeable would make the weapon a lot better and might encourage more people to use it mid-late game.

Thoughts?

FYI: The first question is multiple choice so please answer Yes/ No and Fixed/ Changeable.

I think that a fixed scope might improve it, but I also think it should be highly unique to the win.....Much like the VSS.

• Like 1

Yeah I like fixed 2x and maybe make the lens smaller so that it restricts the scoped view like what the old 2x was. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2019 at 7:13 AM, Big Stend said:

OK i got your idea. But wouldn't be better to find it worldwide with 4x, it sounds better isn't it? If it would be in a crate , the AWM would lose his value. The crate is for "stronger" guns , or to give an advantage. The win94 wouldn't give any advantage and it's not stronger than his AWM bro. If it would be in crate, the kar98 and m24 should be there too cause they are powerful guns.

I'm not sure if having it found in the world is ok. I mean, this is off my little experience with it, but I remember shooting at a guy in the beginning after landing trying to get away from me. I figured what the heck, lemme keep shootting at him with the Win94 I just picked up, and boom I kill him in the car he was trying to drive away in.

Lucky shot maybe but I didnt expect to kill him so quick with it which is why I feel like if easy availability of it attached with scopes would mean too many people with snipers running around. Which is why I suggested it be found in the crate. It might not be as powerful as the other snipers but in the right hands could be deadly.

Maybe they could playtest this thing in the PTS servers. Remember how we were able to add 8x on the AKs. Allow this on the PTS and see if it's a good idea whether or not it should be allowed in the game.

Edited by FinestNoob 360
  • RIP 1

20 minutes ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

I'm not sure if having it found in the world is ok. I mean, this is off my little experience with it, but I remember shooting at a guy in the beginning after landing trying to get away from me. I figured what the heck, lemme keep shootting at him with the Win94 I just picked up, and boom I kill him in the car he was trying to drive away in.

Lucky shot maybe but I didnt expect to kill him so quick with it which is why I feel like if easy availability of it attached with scopes would mean too many people with snipers running around. Which is why I suggested it be found in the crate. It might not be as powerful as the other snipers but in the right hands could be deadly.

Maybe they could playtest this thing in the PTS servers. Remember how we were able to add 8x on the AKs. Allow this on the PTS and see if it's a good idea whether or not it should be allowed in the game.

Would a good could counter to your opinion be to have the rifle able to take a scope and just reduce the spawn rate of it to that of a Kar98 for example? 

I do like you idea to have it trialled on the PTS, isn't that what it is for?

Every time I see a video about how good the rifle is I always think lucky shot because the iron sight on it is awful.

24 minutes ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

I don't think it should be a crate weapon. As others have said it really doesn't belong with the other crate guns because it simply isn't equal to the K98,M24 or the AWM. An older style 2x or 3x scope with semi restricted vision while ADS'ing would be a great fit for that gun.

I like the idea of putting it out on PTS and giving it a try.. If it becomes OP then I would be fine with a bit of a damage nerf to rebalance it but we really won't know unless we try.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PredatorJuice said:

Would a good could counter to your opinion be to have the rifle able to take a scope and just reduce the spawn rate of it to that of a Kar98 for example? 

I do like you idea to have it trialled on the PTS, isn't that what it is for?

Every time I see a video about how good the rifle is I always think lucky shot because the iron sight on it is awful.

Just dont want everyone to be running around with snipers all the time because the damage it has now and now I'm also able to put a 4x on it, awwww man. I think this is why scopes arent attachable for a reason because it could be OP. If it is OP, then the only way to balance it is not to make it spawn less randomly, but nerf the damage a bit. Yes PTS test these things if it does.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

@PUBG_Andymh5 Do you think we have enough votes on the Poll to pass this up to devs for consideration? Seems like people have stopped voting now..

Hi, I have already forwarded the link to this poll and @PredatorJuice 's Winchester topic onto the relevant teams.  Keep it up with the valuable feedback!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Random thought after reading through: You could do an ammo change to 7.62. This would be like 30-30 Win. (probably one of the most common lever action cartridges). Reduce the ammo capacity a bit for the longer cartridge. Damage could go up some, change in drop. And here's the blasphemy: it could REPLACE the Kar98 on some maps. This would justify the scope and remove the balancing issues with the other old school manual repeating rifle. 

Or you could change it to 7.62, but have the bullet drop be modeled on some of the magnum cartridges or 45-70. Lots of drop but super hard hitting. Kind of a Martini-Henry à la BF1.

• Like 1

In my personal opinion the Win94 should have an over/under sight that works similar to the cantid. Switching between the 2 simply push X while you ADS. So my vote is fixed but over/under capabilities.

Y’all people who want this are what ruin this game. The repeater is great the way it is and isn’t too hard to get a kill at 200 meters or less so instead having them change the game again because every time they do they manage to break something else, just suck it up

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

1 hour ago, Nickzilla2369 said:

Y’all people who want this are what ruin this game. The repeater is great the way it is and isn’t too hard to get a kill at 200 meters or less so instead having them change the game again because every time they do they manage to break something else, just suck it up

No, sorry you're wrong. It isn't fine the way it is, it's pretty much useless and the majority of people don't pick it up.

• Like 1