Aguy9916

Any advice for a semi-noob to finally get some chicken?! I'm starving here!! 😂😂

As title... can anyone offer any golden info or criticism from checking out my stats and game dvr uploads? 

I'm doing ok occasionally and sometimes get to the top 6 but it all falls apart from there, I've been playing properly for exactly 1 month now and hoped I would be much better by now with all the effort im putting in. 

I know some areas I need to work on, general speed in decision making and execution is the main thing and not letting my concentration lapse. I find most of my deaths are silly ones where I haven't paid attention or I've let my guard Down and stayed in a vulnerable spot for to long.

Any offers of advice and criticism welcomed... 

Gamertag is RU88ERDUKZILLA for lookup and dvr... I've uploaded a few vids of today to show the kinds of plays I'm making etc.

Thanks for any help 😀

Every person plays differently so all I can do is give you general advice.

First do not be discouraged....most of the people you are going up against at this point are people that really like pubg, and have put in a lot of hours. The whole 'hey, new shiney' has worn off the game and a lot of bandwagon players have moved on, so your opponents will be the ones that really get the game and have put in a lot of time.

The game is just as much the choices you make as it is your skill. You need to put yourself in the position to win...and a lot of that you only get from putting time in the game. Learning the maps, where people are most likely hiding, or the direction they will be coming from, when to take fights and when to avoid them, how to reposition, ect.

Things like remembering the plane path, and using that and the map features to figure out which side of the circle will have the least traffic, and which will involve a lot of guns fights. Paying attention to sounds...the more info the better. Im not just talking about footsteps....but firefights from far away...it lets you know where people are and will come from. Knowing the sound of each gun, so you can tell who won the fights.

I will say this....top 5 situations are much different the rest of the games. Being that your stressing for your first dinner makes it harder on you. Im sure you hands sweat a bit...heart starts beating a bit faster. When its down to that point you need to plan your moves a lot more carefully. Taking a fight at the wrong time gets you shot in the back.

Each game is different...its why the game doesnt go stale. There is no one thing I could tell you that will net you a dinner. You have have learn from experience and what works for you...whether you are better playing passive or aggressive...if you do better with distance fights are up close...those things.

Oh...and smokes. Dear god learn to use smokes. So many people does understand how important utility items are in this game

• Like 12

This game has a massive learning curve compared to other games. Like @KingofGerudos stated, don't get discouraged.

1) You don't need to take every fight you see. Pick and choose your fights to your advantage

2) Mind the bluezone timer....can't tell you how many times I have been looting just to have the zone pass right through me and have miles to run

3) Always have a plan B

4) Mess around with your settings, it takes time to get used to what works best for you...everyone has their own preference

5) Clear your houses before looting, don't want to go in and start looting just to have a stair camper shoot you in the bum

6) Play your way! If you're more passive then find an advantageous spot with less traffic. If you're more aggressive, don't second guess yourself. If you have good cover and constantly putting the pressure on, push. 9/10 the more aggressive player wins.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, KingofGerudos said:

Every person plays differently so all I can do is give you general advice.

First do not be discouraged....most of the people you are going up against at this point are people that really like pubg, and have put in a lot of hours. The whole 'hey, new shiney' has worn off the game and a lot of bandwagon players have moved on, so your opponents will be the ones that really get the game and have put in a lot of time.

The game is just as much the choices you make as it is your skill. You need to put yourself in the position to win...and a lot of that you only get from putting time in the game. Learning the maps, where people are most likely hiding, or the direction they will be coming from, when to take fights and when to avoid them, how to reposition, ect.

Things like remembering the plane path, and using that and the map features to figure out which side of the circle will have the least traffic, and which will involve a lot of guns fights. Paying attention to sounds...the more info the better. Im not just talking about footsteps....but firefights from far away...it lets you know where people are and will come from. Knowing the sound of each gun, so you can tell who won the fights.

I will say this....top 5 situations are much different the rest of the games. Being that your stressing for your first dinner makes it harder on you. Im sure you hands sweat a bit...heart starts beating a bit faster. When its down to that point you need to plan your moves a lot more carefully. Taking a fight at the wrong time gets you shot in the back.

Each game is different...its why the game doesnt go stale. There is no one thing I could tell you that will net you a dinner. You have have learn from experience and what works for you...whether you are better playing passive or aggressive...if you do better with distance fights are up close...those things.

Oh...and smokes. Dear god learn to use smokes. So many people does understand how important utility items are in this game

Great advice! I'm definitely more of a passive player but I am trying to become more assertive, I'm not an all out camper but I do like to keep the element of surprise if at all possible (I find I lose more battles than win when my location is known 😂). 

The top 5 thing is definitely true, as soon as I see top 15 i get gradually tenser 😂... I'm in cover in top 5 and I swear sometimes I panic and rush from cover upon hearing shots and sometimes it's not me that is being shot at and if I could hold steady I'd be on for a 1v1 😂😂... need to relax! So hard when the circle is so small and you know there are 3 other players in throwing distance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJNL94 said:

This game has a massive learning curve compared to other games. Like @KingofGerudos stated, don't get discouraged.

1) You don't need to take every fight you see. Pick and choose your fights to your advantage

2) Mind the bluezone timer....can't tell you how many times I have been looting just to have the zone pass right through me and have miles to run

3) Always have a plan B

4) Mess around with your settings, it takes time to get used to what works best for you...everyone has their own preference

5) Clear your houses before looting, don't want to go in and start looting just to have a stair camper shoot you in the bum

6) Play your way! If you're more passive then find an advantageous spot with less traffic. If you're more aggressive, don't second guess yourself. If you have good cover and constantly putting the pressure on, push. 9/10 the more aggressive player wins.

Again great advice, I feel I'm 60 percent there with all these basics, these are the kind of things I've been working on for the last month, that and aiming and staying cool whilst aiming (my potato aim was horrific at the start 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Aguy9916 said:

Again great advice, I feel I'm 60 percent there with all these basics, these are the kind of things I've been working on for the last month, that and aiming and staying cool whilst aiming (my potato aim was horrific at the start 😂

It happens! Aiming and controlling your sprays in this game is harder than most seeing there is no aim assist. Keep the center of your screen on where you think the enemy is, that way when you ADS your sights are already lined up. 

Keep getting better and that first chicken will have you fiending for more

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Do you use Type A or Type B on your controller settings? I went 600 games using  type A settings and no solo chicken dinners. I switched to B and I've had two solo chicken dinners in the last month. I find it has helped my aiming tremendously.

Edited by spanker63
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

Do you use Type A or Type B on your controller settings? I went 600 games using  type A settings and no solo chicken dinners. I switched to B and I've had two solo chicken dinners in the last month. I find it has helped my aiming tremendously.

I'm on A mate... did it really help that much? That's definitely something to experiment with! Cheers

5 minutes ago, Aguy9916 said:

I'm on A mate... did it really help that much? That's definitely something to experiment with! Cheers

I find it much easier to go in and out of ADS. That has helped me a lot. Not only have I actually won games, but my K/D ratio has gone up over the last month or so as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aguy9916 said:

Theres only one way and that should be B. I dont know why anyone would be on A. I suggest the switch now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spanker63 said:

I find it much easier to go in and out of ADS. That has helped me a lot. Not only have I actually won games, but my K/D ratio has gone up over the last month or so as well.

18 minutes ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

Theres only one way and that should be B. I dont know why anyone would be on A. I suggest the switch now.

Im on it! New lessons start tomorow! ....thanks for the help

I watched all your xbox capture videos in chronological order.

From your first two (qbz + k98) on sanhok.  The biggest problem is tendency to remain stationary.  The concept of camping an area with good defensive sight lines is fine, but you should be in roughly constant motion always.  Once you've cleared an area you can find a safe location to peek while stationary but until you know the area is clear constant motion is the standard.  After you tagged kill 2 your position was compromised and coming to a full resting position in an uncleared area was an error.

No particular problem with your 2nd sanhok game.  Same comment on not going stationary without clearing area applies - you could have just as easily caught a k98 headshot in this match as well.  I can tell you are on type A, which is helping you at close range but your midrange game is suffering because of it.  In general I think ADSing as much as you can do while maintaining accuracy is the goal.  However for these 10m battles soft aiming works fine.  In your death seems you didn't know where you were getting shot from, but that might just be lack of experience when getting sandwiched.  If your headset isn't up to par obviously fix that.

In your last sanhok game (m4 + vector) soft aiming at 30-50m is an error.  If your opponent was even an average shooter you'd be dead.  Type A motivates you to do this which is why a lot of players switch to type B.  There are other things you can do at close range besides soft aiming (i.e. ads or hip fire) but at mid and long range ADS is your only option (and Type A click in/out sucks).

For developmental purposes you should also be clipping your deaths since you'll learn more from those than kills.  The one nade you threw was fine but I was surprised I didn't see more use of throwables.  Also thought you seemed generally inclined to peek fire vs holding position which is good.

3 hours ago, Unrated882 said:

I watched all your xbox capture videos in chronological order.

From your first two (qbz + k98) on sanhok.  The biggest problem is tendency to remain stationary.  The concept of camping an area with good defensive sight lines is fine, but you should be in roughly constant motion always.  Once you've cleared an area you can find a safe location to peek while stationary but until you know the area is clear constant motion is the standard.  After you tagged kill 2 your position was compromised and coming to a full resting position in an uncleared area was an error.

No particular problem with your 2nd sanhok game.  Same comment on not going stationary without clearing area applies - you could have just as easily caught a k98 headshot in this match as well.  I can tell you are on type A, which is helping you at close range but your midrange game is suffering because of it.  In general I think ADSing as much as you can do while maintaining accuracy is the goal.  However for these 10m battles soft aiming works fine.  In your death seems you didn't know where you were getting shot from, but that might just be lack of experience when getting sandwiched.  If your headset isn't up to par obviously fix that.

In your last sanhok game (m4 + vector) soft aiming at 30-50m is an error.  If your opponent was even an average shooter you'd be dead.  Type A motivates you to do this which is why a lot of players switch to type B.  There are other things you can do at close range besides soft aiming (i.e. ads or hip fire) but at mid and long range ADS is your only option (and Type A click in/out sucks).

For developmental purposes you should also be clipping your deaths since you'll learn more from those than kills.  The one nade you threw was fine but I was surprised I didn't see more use of throwables.  Also thought you seemed generally inclined to peek fire vs holding position which is good.

Thanks for the great feedback! Just what I was looking for and I think you've got the nail on the head! That's why I didn't upload the deaths as they are mostly just silly ones where I get taken out instantly without knowing where from whilst I'm not moving. 

I'm not sure why I do this but I can't seem to flow from play to play, after a tense moment I feel the need to stop somewhere and take stock of things and re evaluate and re assess my plan 😂.... sometimes it's almost just to chill out after a hectic few minutes of play! 

Another reason is I don't feel safe moving around the map due to footsteps so I find myself trying to keep moving to a minimum... definitely my biggest downfall I think I need to be confident on the move and as you say learn to stay mobile and properly clear areas before settling for any length of time. 

Thanks for the help! 

Spectate the people that killed you. Many times I've been killed by bush-wookies in ghillie suits. Yep, I was moving - Kar98 to the head. Some people are just good with certain weapons. Which comes back to, don't be a sitting duck. Don't sit around, unless you know you're invisible. I've seen people with silenced weapons pop shots into shrubs, not knowing if there was anyone in it or not.

I'm tossed up when it comes to throwables. I've seen people use grenades/molotovs at the end, with precision. Seen people use smoke with precision. I usually don't have enough room to carry a lot of stuff - so I'd say pick out a throwable, and practice using it. Same with weapons - pick something, and 'get gud' with it. Know how it reacts when you shoot it. So that when the shooting does start, you're more accurate with shot placement. 

As an OG, my response time is a bit behind the 'youngsters'. That, and an old TV doing 720p (...what is this LED stuff you speak of? Is it like PCP? or LSD?...). But I've dinner'd a time or two solo, so it's not impossible.

And there's just some times that when it's down to the final circle, you're up against a couple others, with Level 3 gear, while you have a Lvl2 helm and vest that's taken some damage. And you find you're between the two. Last night I got popped, after I popped someone else, 'cause I was in the middle.

I've been recently doing more with moving after I've done some shooting - once your position is known, you risk throwables taking you out, or being spotted if you're not fully concealed.

Advice is easier taken than implemented.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aguy9916 said:

I'm not sure why I do this but I can't seem to flow from play to play, after a tense moment I feel the need to stop somewhere and take stock of things and re evaluate and re assess my plan 😂.... sometimes it's almost just to chill out after a hectic few minutes of play! 

Same always hitting the bong or something after a hectic fight then got to make the decision on whether i should put it down and grab my controller when I hear feet. Have broke a bong or 2 and controllers cuz of that.

Edited by BlazedInThe253
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 1

8 hours ago, BlazedInThe253 said:

Same always hitting the bong or something after a hectic fight then got to make the decision on whether i should put it down and grab my controller when I hear feet. Have broke a bong or 2 and controllers cuz of that.

Ah man my smoking days are long over but I think I'd still be looking for my first kill on this game if I was high let alone first win! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Aguy9916 said:

Great advice! I'm definitely more of a passive player but I am trying to become more assertive, I'm not an all out camper but I do like to keep the element of surprise if at all possible (I find I lose more battles than win when my location is known 😂). 

The top 5 thing is definitely true, as soon as I see top 15 i get gradually tenser 😂... I'm in cover in top 5 and I swear sometimes I panic and rush from cover upon hearing shots and sometimes it's not me that is being shot at and if I could hold steady I'd be on for a 1v1 😂😂... need to relax! So hard when the circle is so small and you know there are 3 other players in throwing distance.

Smokes could be your friend.  

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Aguy9916 said:

As title... can anyone offer any golden info or criticism from checking out my stats and game dvr uploads? 

I'm doing ok occasionally and sometimes get to the top 6 but it all falls apart from there, I've been playing properly for exactly 1 month now and hoped I would be much better by now with all the effort im putting in. 

I know some areas I need to work on, general speed in decision making and execution is the main thing and not letting my concentration lapse. I find most of my deaths are silly ones where I haven't paid attention or I've let my guard Down and stayed in a vulnerable spot for to long.

Any offers of advice and criticism welcomed... 

Gamertag is RU88ERDUKZILLA for lookup and dvr... I've uploaded a few vids of today to show the kinds of plays I'm making etc.

Thanks for any help 😀

You US, EU, OC?

Plenty of people in here will party up and give you tips, help you to move around the map, and often drag you kicking and screaming to your first delicious chicken.

Edited by ColonicBoom

19 hours ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

20 hours ago, spanker63 said:

Ah man this has been awful today! 4 hours of my worst gameplay ever! It's funny how wgat seems an insignificant control change can completely throw everything off, it's like I don't know what I'm doing at all 😂😂😂

The soft aim on LB felt so wrong so I've changed it to be on my right side paddle but this means I've had to add another paddle to the left side and move my right lean over to that... so a few small changes to learn and I've been completely useless 😂😂

I can see it being beneficial once my brain has caught up though so I'm sticking with it and hopefully will be natural in a week or so 👍👍👍

1 hour ago, ColonicBoom said:

You US, EU, OC?

Plenty of people in here will party up and give you tips, help you to move around the map, and often drag you kicking and screaming to your first delicious chicken.

Im EU mate in UK but I play during day, usually 11am to 2pm as I work night shift.... I've only played solo so far, I'm not sure I'm up to scratch for teamwork yet 😂😂

13 minutes ago, Aguy9916 said:

Ah man this has been awful today! 4 hours of my worst gameplay ever! It's funny how wgat seems an insignificant control change can completely throw everything off, it's like I don't know what I'm doing at all 😂😂😂

The soft aim on LB felt so wrong so I've changed it to be on my right side paddle but this means I've had to add another paddle to the left side and move my right lean over to that... so a few small changes to learn and I've been completely useless 😂😂

I can see it being beneficial once my brain has caught up though so I'm sticking with it and hopefully will be natural in a week or so 👍👍👍

Honestly, once I switched to Type B, I hardly use soft aim (over the shoulder) at all. I try and set up one gun to be effective at mid to long range distance (3x scope and up) and then make sure I have a close quarter weapon with a red dot/holographic. If I can find a canted sight, I'll trick one gun out to be either close quarter/long range and then the other as just close quarter.

Switching to type B took some getting used to, but it has definitely been for the best.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Aguy9916 said:

Yup. I felt the same. Then I felt like that again when I bought my controller with programmable back buttons. Then I felt like that again when first trying the canted sight... but its worth the effort.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

Honestly, once I switched to Type B, I hardly use soft aim (over the shoulder) at all. I try and set up one gun to be effective at mid to long range distance (3x scope and up) and then make sure I have a close quarter weapon with a red dot/holographic. If I can find a canted sight, I'll trick one gun out to be either close quarter/long range and then the other as just close quarter.

Switching to type B took some getting used to, but it has definitely been for the best.

25 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

Yup. I felt the same. Then I felt like that again when I bought my controller with programmable back buttons. Then I felt like that again when first trying the canted sight... but its worth the effort.

Yes agreed it's got to be a change worth forcing through! Hoping this will be my last now and then I can settle into trying to get good 😂... I do currently use OSA an awful lot and I like it in close quarters, I often come off better when I use it so I want to be able to still use it in those circumstances. 

I've been exactly same @pajama dad over last month I've had headsets yo get used to, elite controller, god knows how many sensitivity changes and now this one but I'm hoping I'm there now ready to settle in... its such an addictive game! 

I saw someone else mention it earlier, but I did not say it and I want to stress it again.

Dont remain stationary, unless you are certain the area is clear. I know you worry about footsteps, but remember you will hear them coming just as they hear you.

I cannot tell you have many people have lived because they are constantly moving, even behind cover like a rock or a tree. There are so many shots I have passed because I do not want to risk a miss and give away my position. Even when healing/boosting you can move slightly or crouch and stand up without interrupting it.

Yes, you are more likely to be seen that way....but trust me its better to be seen and have them miss than having a guaranteed 1hko with a K9 or and M24.

The good players wont even take a shot until they are confidant they can get you. If the are not they will pass or reposition to try and get a better shot, which gives you a chance to spot them

• Like 2