Sign in to follow this  
Madmaxtim1

Please get rid of Red Zone!

The PUBG purist are going to tear into you on this one but I actually agree.  It's more annoying then strategic or tactical.  

4 minutes ago, Lopers22 said:

The PUBG purist are going to tear into you on this one but I actually agree.  It's more annoying then strategic or tactical.  

If someone can explain the rationale i will accept. But i cant see right now. Just taking out players out of the game randomly, there is no logic.:)

No please no. It needs to be more threatening if you ask me. I've been playing since March and only been killed by the red zone once from what I remember and I've driven through it plenty of times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

No please no. It needs to be more threatening if you ask me. I've been playing since March and only been killed by the red zone once from what I remember and I've driven through it plenty of times.

Anything that forces people into houses and stops fighting, in a game where a lot of people are likely to camp anyways makes no sense to me.  Now if they had a thing where bathrooms would randomly flood and force people to leave all of the houses at the same time in a city would be something I would like to see.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lopers22 said:

Anything that forces people into houses and stops fighting, in a game where a lot of people are likely to camp anyways makes no sense to me.  Now if they had a thing where bathrooms would randomly flood and force people to leave all of the houses at the same time in a city would be something I would like to see.....

Youre completely right, the redzone makes no since, and it pisses me off every time i never get a vehicle and have to run through the redzone into the zone, its so stupid.

1 minute ago, PleaseExplain said:

Youre completely right, the redzone makes no since, and it pisses me off every time i never get a vehicle and have to run through the redzone into the zone, its so stupid.

It pisses people off when they never get a vehicle and have to run through the blue zone as well. The game is about surviving unexpected situations. Not every game is going to be fully kitted m4s, level 3 vest, with a UAZ parked right next to your landing spot.

Minimize your chances of putting yourself in horrible situations. If you land outside the circle, it's a good idea to find a vehicle before you decide to loot deep because this is how most people end up in these situations. They loot and loot and loot and dont pay attention to the circle and then now you have a red zone in your way and now your fucked.

31 minutes ago, Lopers22 said:

It's not suppose to be strategic or tactical. It's to add a little bit of randomness as well as chaos into the game and change the course of your path if you happen to be caught in one.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

25 minutes ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

It pisses people off when they never get a vehicle and have to run through the blue zone as well. The game is about surviving unexpected situations. Not every game is going to be fully kitted m4s, level 3 vest, with a UAZ parked right next to your landing spot.

Minimize your chances of putting yourself in horrible situations. If you land outside the circle, it's a good idea to find a vehicle before you decide to loot deep because this is how most people end up in these situations. They loot and loot and loot and dont pay attention to the circle and then now you have a red zone in your way and now your fucked.

I disagree.  He isn't talking about fully kitted gear right off the drop, he is talking about something in the game that in his opinion doesn't serve much of a purpose yet it also puts a strain on the games resources.  So why not get rid of it.

PUBG has set a precedence for this before.  Not sure how long you have played this game but in the beginning they actually had random clothing on the floors of houses, warehouses...etc.  People didn't think it served a purpose and was more annoying then anything so they got rid of it.  Let the guy have his opinion as we haven't bashed you for yours. 

20 minutes ago, Lopers22 said:

I disagree.  He isn't talking about fully kitted gear right off the drop, he is talking about something in the game that in his opinion doesn't serve much of a purpose yet it also puts a strain on the games resources.  So why not get rid of it.

PUBG has set a precedence for this before.  Not sure how long you have played this game but in the beginning they actually had random clothing on the floors of houses, warehouses...etc.  People didn't think it served a purpose and was more annoying then anything so they got rid of it.  Let the guy have his opinion as we haven't bashed you for yours. 

Removing the random clothing is a really bad argument you have provided when clothing does absolutely nothing for the gameplay when it comes to combat. The red zone however will sometimes put people in unfavorable and favorable positions while loot clothing does absolutely nothing towards the gameplay but take up resources. I believe the red zone definitely serves its purpose in adding a little bit of chaos as well. Now if the argument was about toning the occurence of the red zone so it doesnt happen as much I would understand but removing it completely just because sometimes you have to run through it because you decided not to look for a vehicle first is something I cannot support.

1 hour ago, FinestNoob 360 said:

2 years I've seen 4 impacts hit my team... maybe 5.

1 hour ago, Lopers22 said:

I almost think we should be able to call in mortar fire with grenades or a special flare gun. 

6 minutes ago, pajama dad said:

2 years I've seen 4 impacts hit my team... maybe 5.

Exactly. It is not effective enough. Most of the time I'll just drive through the red zone without a worry. That is how I was killed by it one time. But it doesnt happen enough for me to warrant wanting it to be taken out of this game. I've gotten plenty of kills waiting in a house while others rushed into my building for safety as well as fight my way through houses to take over said house seeking for safety. 

Posted (edited)

The red zone seems to drop on a few places a lot of the time - Pochinki should be nothing but dust by now.

When it drops 'randomly' away from a town, it seems to land on the edge of the blue quite often - a special f*** you to anybody that is already struggling on foot and trying to get back to the safe zone.

It used to serve a purpose, when footsteps were easier to hear, you could use it to rush an enemy team that was in a building.

But since you don't really need to even try to sneak up on people anymore, because most people don't seem able to hear others these days, the red zone doesn't really serve any purpose.

I'd be perfectly happy if did remove the red zone altogether, I think it's another element of RNG in a game so full of RNG that it's not necessary to have more. But it hardly ever kills anyone so I just ignore it most of the time and don't really care if they leave it in.

Edited by ColonicBoom

I've played over a year and have died to the red zone maybe 2 or 3 times..over a year... 

Get right with your God of choice. 

I recommend RNGesus.

6 hours ago, Madmaxtim1 said:

Dear all,

i honestly dont get the rationale of redzone. Please take it out of the game. 

Regards

Its to keep campers from camping. If you don't like being killed in the rezone don't go in it or start booking it. What next i was killed by the blue stuff remove it. I was killed by a hand grenade remove it. I was shot with a gun remove bullets. Someone punched me remove the attack ability so we can play a staring simulator. It has many good uses masking footsteps when moving keeps people from just sitting in a bush camping. Use it to your advantage you know when you see it to expect someone to be in that area or close to it.

What’s next, get rid of the blue zone?  It’s random.  Those care packages that fly over are random too.  Vehicle spawns are random, not to mention those random weapon spawns.

Just because you can’t rationalize something doesn’t mean it needs to be changed.

Randomness is part of what makes this game fun & keeps every match different.   Without all those random elements this game would just be another COD or Battlefield long traded in.

• Like 1

Gotta say I wouldn't loose any sleep over it being removed. It's so fecking annoying.

If you are in or near a building you just sit in the building and wait feeling annoyed. If you are out in the open you just run around it. If you can't run around it you just run through it and 9 times out of 10 you survive. So what is the point other than being annoying? (Yes yes, cover footsteps .....tactical manoeuvring yadda yadda).

Like @ColonicBoom said, footsteps are quiet enough now anyway and the frequency over certain areas is retarded. I've been in Porchinki once and had 4 back to back to back to back red zones on me.

I kinda think it would make more sense if it was less random. If it spammed places where people were sat not moving a great deal that might be better?

The argument I've heard the most is its good for pushing enemies..  Although I can't remember anyone using it on me. I usually try to find cover and turn my volume down and hope my vehicle doesn't get blown up.   Only thing I like is when the guy that just killed me gets blown up🙏

8 hours ago, Lopers22 said:

Red zone gives the perfect cover to storm a building and put down said camper.

• Like 1

Dont remove the red zone just make it so it doesnt land on the same spot over and over.

IE On miramar i had 3(3!!) red zones on me trying to catch blue. I mean wtf, Miramar is fucking huge how is it even possible to have red zone on the same spot 3 times in a row?

Does the red zone frequently land at areas where people are camping, moving slowly or in a direct path to safe zone? Because i rarely see the red zone hard shifting, its almost always around the same area once it has dropped which pisses me off.

7 hours ago, blackwings679 said:

Its to keep campers from camping. If you don't like being killed in the rezone don't go in it or start booking it. What next i was killed by the blue stuff remove it. I was killed by a hand grenade remove it. I was shot with a gun remove bullets. Someone punched me remove the attack ability so we can play a staring simulator. It has many good uses masking footsteps when moving keeps people from just sitting in a bush camping. Use it to your advantage you know when you see it to expect someone to be in that area or close to it.

You dont get my question. No problem. Please read again and try to understand. You dont need to answer it. 

Me and my duos teammate have often discussed the non random nature of the red zone. We talk about "zone magnets" cos we seem to attract them over and over again. We even wondered, quite seriously, if everyone gets different red zones, which only fall on them and other people have their own red zone in another area of the map.. cos the frequency that they happen to land on the part of the map we happen to be in is beyond reasonable odds!!

I don t know if you all saw the film called "battle royal" IIRC, but if you saw this film you know that PUBG has been inspired by this film.

Many clothes in PUBG are a copy of clothes in the film etc...

As "red zone" exist in the film it makes sense it s in the game IMO.

I don t see any problem with red zone, it s just some more stress....what is good