Jump to content
Photon mkUltra

Time to Uncap the Frame Rate

Recommended Posts

I'm now consistently getting what appears to be a locked 30fps. Flashback a year ago - the frame rate would drop drastically in all types of situations: CQC, smoke grenades, molotovs, interior sections of certain buildings, driving, explosions...

 

I'm not experiencing any of that anymore. 

 

Throw open the doors on the PTS (that thing hasn't been live in FOREVER) and let us see how feels.

 

Time to uncap that frame rate.

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes these are the posts i want to see on this forum. Uncapping the framerate would be a godsend. Or at least moving the cap to 40 fps, even if the og xbox couldnt handle it (which i have) im sure the gane would still run somewhat better, especially on the one X.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. Why hold the newest hardware back so much?

 

PC's have components performing differently -  some better, some worse but we don't see any sort of cap on their FPS?

 

Given that we paid hundreds of dollars more for better hardware, we shouldn't be restricted to anything.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

Agreed. Why hold the newest hardware back so much?

 

PC's have components performing differently -  some better, some worse but we don't see any sort of cap on their FPS?

 

Given that we paid hundreds of dollars more for better hardware, we shouldn't be restricted to anything.

You want an in game advantage because you payed more money? Pubg is for the xbox, not just the One x. It's also not pay to win. Btw, I have a one x.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CallanJohnson said:

You want an in game advantage because you payed more money? Pubg is for the xbox, not just the One x. It's also not pay to win. Btw, I have a one x.

I am applying the same logic as used for the PC. Those who pay less get less performance from their system. Those who pay more get more performance for the system. It's common sense dude. At no point did I mention " Pay to Win " or anything of the like. If you pay for more performance, you should get more performance.

 

Just to make sure you understand Callan, paying for better performance doesn't equal pay to win.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

I am applying the same logic as used for the PC. Those who pay less get less performance from their system. Those who pay more get more performance for the system. It's common sense dude. At no point did I mention " Pay to Win " or anything of the like. If you pay for more performance, you should get more performance.

 

Just to make sure you understand Callan, paying for better performance doesn't equal pay to win.

 

Well said. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CallanJohnson said:

You want an in game advantage because you payed more money?

 

I want better performance because I paid for a machine that should provide it.

Edited by ColonicBoom
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some OG user will chime in and state that this game can only run 30 fps even on the X. I've seen them say this many times. You are a fool to think that the X with 30 percent more CPU, more RAM and a huge gpu boost can only run 30 fps with 1080p and low textures. I own a brand new gaming PC and I use low textures and not 4k. I'm not sure why they are forcing 4k at 30 fps down our throats. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pick Six said:

Some OG user will chime in and state that this game can only run 30 fps even on the X. I've seen them say this many times. You are a fool to think that the X with 30 percent more CPU, more RAM and a huge gpu boost can only run 30 fps with 1080p and low textures. I own a brand new gaming PC and I use low textures and not 4k. I'm not sure why they are forcing 4k at 30 fps down our throats. 

1440p on framerate priority mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Nightscope74 said:

1440p on framerate priority mode.

Yeah 1440p and same medium/high textures. Still 30fps. I'll stick with 4k until there is a real framerate priority mode. 

Edited by Pick Six
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice non-smug post Photon.. at least on the surface.  What a great idea.  

 

Unlock the framerate on the PTS. Xbox One X only devs.  You only test on the X anyway it's been stated in your dev reports.  What could it hurt?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutos atrás, Pick Six disse:

Yeah 1440p and same medium/high textures. Still 30fps. I'll stick with 4k until there is a real framerate priority mode. 

1080p low 45-60 fps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Photon mkUltra said:

 

Sure you do buddy.

Just upgraded recently, I've played on the one s for the last 2 years so I see it from both perspectives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...