Sign in to follow this  
Hakeem

PUPG needs a lifeline and soon its drowning

Can we please for the love of God role back this update. Or even better get a hot fix devs.

I've played since day one and the lack of quality of life improvements has been minimal.

Andy can you please get an update out about anything that's in the works even just so that there might be a glimmer of hope. Love and hate this game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hakeem said:

Can we please for the love of God role back this update. Or even better get a hot fix devs.

I've played since day one and the lack of quality of life improvements has been minimal.

Andy can you please get an update out about anything that's in the works even just so that there might be a glimmer of hope. Love and hate this game.

Ive played since day one also but lately ive not been as interested in playing with the condition of the game. To me the devs are half assed and not caring so much in how to fix the issues at hand ever since the game left preview stage its been getting worse with every update they add something nice then boom something else is needing fixed again, its the never ending red zone that to me is eventually killing pubg off. if the devs done some hard focused work troubleshooting the current issues in the game before adding or tweaking other things they would have a better understanding of how to save pubg and make it the game they originally planned

• Thanks 1

I have just ordered an SSD for my one X. Shouldn't have had to but if it helps even a little I will take it.

Not much else I can do on my end it's in the developer's hands now.

Pupg hit consoles about 3 years to soon imo they should of waited and released a solid game. Like big studios do to please there consumers.

10 hours ago, Hakeem said:

I have just ordered an SSD for my one X. Shouldn't have had to but if it helps even a little I will take it.

Pupg hit consoles about 3 years to soon imo they should of waited and released a solid game. Like big studios do to please there consumers.

You won't be disappointed. Just bought one not long ago and I haven't had a single rendering issue unless scoping in on buildings on Miramar at any point in time. They just can't seem to fix that shit. For example, I was looking at little a sniper tower from about 100 yards away and it looked like playdough and I was shocked. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They really need to acknowledge things one of these days.

Posts/threads about the disastrous state of the game are being littered both by senior forum members and total newcomers.

Sure, the community has always been kinda toxic, and the game has always been kinda crap (tech-wise ofc) - but I think we've crossed a line (tbh that wasn't even the latest update, we've already crossed it with Vikendi). This is not toxicity and not a "kinda crap" game anymore, but total disillusion and disappointment in regards to a clearly broken software.

Communication towards us is nonexistent, though they are really good at pushing hella ugly monetised items into the store. The store, which still runs at 10 fps, if I might add. It's a bloody menu, and even that can't run properly, lol.

Edited by fSucee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hakeem said:

It shouldn't be... but an SSD is a must at this point with pubg. I'm not sure how my friends deal with not having one. Honestly, I'm not sure how I dealt with not having one. It was a night and day difference when it comes to rendering and overall loading speeds. Doesn't help with FPS drops and whatnot, but I can handle those for the most part.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Accounting for only about 6% of total profits, console is the forgotten step child. 

These guys aren't gonna do shit to improve anything for us. Hell, even mobile provides a bigger slice of the pie than consoles. 

Nothing that any of us say, no amount of videos posted, will get these guys to get off their ass and actually expend effort to make this game as great as it can be.

I was a pretty staunch supporter til recently, when it became painfully obvious that the only things that matter to the devs is how many skins and passes they can sell. 

How does a company that makes a billion dollars profit from a game justify letting it languish in a pile of broken and poorly executed ideas?

Answer: it won't. Not much longer. Mines been uninstalled since the last patch due to abysmal rendering on every map except Sanhok.

This is absolutely unacceptable after 18 months of development.

Edited by Rock1obsta
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Hakeem said:

The only issue you'll have now is you can be shot through walls at the start of a game if you land hot. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PredatorJuice said:

The only issue you'll have now is you can be shot through walls at the start of a game if you land hot. 

Yeah, it happens, but I can count on one hand how many times it's happened to me. I'm sure it happens to other people more often, but the decision to buy an SSD has been validated by the rendering of maps.

To me, it has been well worth it.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, spanker63 said:

Yeah, it happens, but I can count on one hand how many times it's happened to me. I'm sure it happens to other people more often, but the decision to buy an SSD has been validated by the rendering of maps.

To me, it has been well worth it.

Oh yeah it's definitely worth it, it hasn't happened to me very often but the advantage of seeing where vehicles are and all the buildings have rendered in before you land makes a big difference. Never get stuck in scenery etc... To anyone who is questioning whether or not to buy one just ask yourself this, is PUBG pretty much the only game you play, if so just get one. You don't have to spend a lot, buy an internal one and get an enclosure on eBay for a few quid. I've got a 240gb SSD and enclosure for £34. When I compare that to the £60 I wasted on BO4 and the hours I didn't on PUBG is was a no brainer.

• Like 2

Believe it or not I managed to fix almost all my lagging and stuttering and the start of each game. By removing all clothes no joke try it and see.

SSD not here yet but will use when arrives.

pubg aint going nowhere. only the weak will fall off. pubg is gonna come back hard on xbox and xbox 2. so while all u dudes are on apex ill be here getting better with every game played. 

Posted (edited)

Just got an SSD about 2 weeks ago - it's improved load times, animation rendering, and overall game speed for not only PUBG, but for Sea of Thieves, Minecraft, Forza Motorsport 7, Grand Theft Auto 5, Red Dead Redemption 2, Battlefield 5, Rocket League, and World of Tanks as well. 😁

Edited by Galactic Geek
  • Like 2