OldManBoom

Erangel Loot Rebalance - Gone too far

Im pretty happy with the new loot, I think its fun to loot 3-8 houses and be happy with the loot instead of looting 10-15 houses and doesn't have what it takes to reach endgame without camping.

THO... Why are Bluehole so drastic when it comes to changes to their game?
-When they changed blue-zon - damn you had to run for your life and skip fights.
-When they change the loot, they increase it so much that you find M24 and SLR in the first house...
Can't they change stuff little more....less.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fail0r said:

i dont like the new loot in erangel. to much SR/AR/DMR. why not just give everyone a SR/AR/DMR while in plane? XD miramar/vikendi has the best loot.

............. I really wish I could understand the folks who have this sentiment. It's just nonsensical to me. What game are they playing? Show me your hours. Show me how many games of PUBG you have actually played. I don't care about wins or stats; just show me you've played! I STILL have to fight with shotguns and pistols on Erangel sometimes, on Pochinki drops. Even with this change, we don't get "everything you want," like many of you are depicting. You take screenshots of your gear, but you don't know what everyone else is even getting. What are you folks on??? And regardless, if you wanna nerf the loot again and kill the queues on Erangel again, go ahead. Just keep killing the game with your brilliant fucking ideas. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, noofy said:

............. I really wish I could understand the folks who have this sentiment. It's just nonsensical to me. What game are they playing? Show me your hours. Show me how many games of PUBG you have actually played. I don't care about wins or stats; just show me you've played! I STILL have to fight with shotguns and pistols on Erangel sometimes, on Pochinki drops. Even with this change, we don't get "everything you want," like many of you are depicting. You take screenshots of your gear, but you don't know what everyone else is even getting. What are you folks on??? And regardless, if you wanna nerf the loot again and kill the queues on Erangel again, go ahead. Just keep killing the game with your brilliant fucking ideas. 

Pochinki will never have enough top tier loot to cater to the half plane drop that hits it every damn game. Devs have said the nerfed it originally to reduce the damn hot dropping on it.

So if the devs (Brendan Greene) have said "POCHINKI IS LOOT NERFED" why do the people that still drop there cry about it being loot nerfed? That's what's fucking nonsensical. It's not going to change.

Most of us that don't have loot issues aren't dropping at the 2017 hot spots. We've adapted to the change and have found other reliable loot spots. Just drop nearby and work back to the hot areas. There's a shitload of solid drop spots.

1900 hours played.

I played a few Erangel games tonight and i guess i can understand some people will react.

I mean... i find better loot there now than in Sanhok LOL

It's as if i ALMOST feel it's too much but then again i think... why the hell do i want myself to need to loot longer to get gpood and fun gear...

I loot like 5 hangars and 4 houses and then i got what i want...

It's not like i get it all for free in the first house..

I think the map is a LOT more fun right now but coming from Sanhok i almost fall asleep in the middle circles to be honest.

Thumbs up here!

Posted (edited)

You guys aren't realizing that looting a lot is 100% just as important as before, because you're thinking you're OK with gear that was defined as good in the old meta - level 2 gear and a couple attachments like you were before.

What you don't realize is now final circle guys are more likely to have level 3 armor, level 3 backpacks to carry more nades, medkits, suppressors, compensators, boosts, adrenaline shots, SLRs, etc

So to best compete and win, you still MUST loot to reach a higher level of gear needed to compete late game - or get the drop on guys who are better geared than you and acquire it that way.  What you probably aren't doing as much as before the loot buff, is winning with just level 2 gear, an M4 and.a Kar98.  The sooner you fight, the bigger disadvantage you have relative to guys who will find all the above item advantages by continuing to loot.  By the time you get to them, your level 2 vest is half damaged, and maybe you got a couple kills but now you're going against guys with fresh level 3 vests, compensators, full boost, 6 frag nades, etc 

Edited by TG_L3GACY

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Sidartha said:

1. There is no camper crisis.

2. Rearranging rocks won't change camping behavior.

3. LUL.

More cover and force camper to change plans which wased used since the game came out

Edited by Thread

11 hours ago, noofy said:

Show me your hours.

1779 hours + 317 hours testserver played.

12 hours ago, noofy said:

I STILL have to fight with shotguns and pistols on Erangel sometimes, on Pochinki drops. Even with this change, we don't get "everything you want," like many of you are depicting.

i drop mostly into compounds. idk how the loot in hotspots is. i prefer the win more than kills. hotspots are to risky, but sometimes i drop also there if not much players parachuting there.

12 hours ago, noofy said:

And regardless, if you wanna nerf the loot again and kill the queues on Erangel again, go ahead.

in EU the queuetimes for erangel are the same fast as before patch #28.

It is necessary to understand that this game is not only a game for veterans 1000h +, but also for newcomers. The player base is getting smaller and you are still whining. Whining when the queue of Erangel has long times. Whining when there is a high loot. The absurd whining that is caused by the high loot on the other maps. And I ask what are you willing to sacrifice for your map? Is it right to limit other functioning maps to the detriment of yours? So you want to get new players to play?

14 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

Pochinki will never have enough top tier loot to cater to the half plane drop that hits it every damn game. Devs have said the nerfed it originally to reduce the damn hot dropping on it.

So if the devs (Brendan Greene) have said "POCHINKI IS LOOT NERFED" why do the people that still drop there cry about it being loot nerfed? That's what's fucking nonsensical. It's not going to change.

Most of us that don't have loot issues aren't dropping at the 2017 hot spots. We've adapted to the change and have found other reliable loot spots. Just drop nearby and work back to the hot areas. There's a shitload of solid drop spots.

1900 hours played.

Hot dropping is definitely not something I prefer or do often at all. I wasn't complaining that I had to fight with shotguns and pistols; it's that the loot is not as buffed to obliterate the PUBG-BR meta. And considering that we don't typically hotdrop, consider this then: we still loot in the blue, as we don't have "everything we need" after that first circle, especially after having to stretch, grab vehicles, etc. Essentially, nothing has really changed all that much, in terms of gameplay, lol.

So why, after this patch, do people even have the propensity to say, "oh it's too much loot!" lolol, it's hilarious, particularly when the buff has revived the interest in Erangel, our favorite map. In fact, for my guys, the only time we really even got to play Erangel was in NA Pro Scrims. We play competitively, and we could barely even do practice runs -- auditioning new loot paths, rotation and looting timings, quickly improving on little important things, etc -- because of the queue times. And in these scrims, it's not just about practice; you have to do well to progress and even stay in the scrims at all.

And it's not just about playing competitively. We are just overwhelmed to see that PUBG doesn't = Sanhok again.

After 3500 hours in this game, I can assure you that this type of change will not change the RNG nature of this game, as I've said plenty of time before. Players will still drop into areas depending on the random plane path, deal with random circles and circle shrinks, have people who stretch away to loot, have people who drop hot, have people who prefer to be on foot, have people who prefer to be in vehicles, have players who go for drops, have people who camp in houses and bushes, have people who boldly hunt players/teams, have people who prefer different types of weapons over others (ARs vs Snipers, etc), have to fight people at the end with good gear, and I can go on and on and on. This buff hasn't changed, won't change, and cannot change the fundamental nature of PUBG BR. We're still gonna stretch, loot until we're satisfied, and will probably be in the blue half the time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TG_L3GACY said:

You guys aren't realizing that looting a lot is 100% just as important as before, because you're thinking you're OK with gear that was defined as good in the old meta - level 2 gear and a couple attachments like you were before.

What you don't realize is now final circle guys are more likely to have level 3 armor, level 3 backpacks to carry more nades, medkits, suppressors, compensators, boosts, adrenaline shots, SLRs, etc

So to best compete and win, you still MUST loot to reach a higher level of gear needed to compete late game - or get the drop on guys who are better geared than you and acquire it that way.  What you probably aren't doing as much as before the loot buff, is winning with just level 2 gear, an M4 and.a Kar98.  The sooner you fight, the bigger disadvantage you have relative to guys who will find all the above item advantages by continuing to loot.  By the time you get to them, your level 2 vest is half damaged, and maybe you got a couple kills but now you're going against guys with fresh level 3 vests, compensators, full boost, 6 frag nades, etc 

Please stop using the word meta when you dont understand what it means

• Confused 1

Dropped into Mansion - FPS/Solo

There was a total of nine...NINE(!!) SLR's in the compound - amongst numerous other SR/AR's

Thats not fun.

Its not just become a snipe fest - I never even bother picking up an AR anymore.

What folks dont understand who claim the new loot levels are good - is that those of us who don't - appreciate the difference loot levels in the maps.

If we want abundant loot then play Sanhok. 

Erangel though presented a different game style and an enjoyable one - arguably closer to the original intent of the game

But now - there isn't really a single map where loot is sparse. That game mode has now gone.

Which is why its a shame.

But people who like lots of loot - just want that on every map - Loot, loot, loot. Just the same style for every map.

Why is it hard to appreciate having choice is a good thing?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Let's debate what "meta" means guys!  We have a forum police who copies massive posts to debate the use of one word!

FYI -- 

"Meta" is a prefix meaning "referring to itself." This has evolved into a variety of meanings that are used today.

In games, the "meta" is referring to what are the strongest strategies currently.

5 hours ago, noofy said:

Hot dropping is definitely not something I prefer or do often at all. I wasn't complaining that I had to fight with shotguns and pistols; it's that the loot is not as buffed to obliterate the PUBG-BR meta. And considering that we don't typically hotdrop, consider this then: we still loot in the blue, as we don't have "everything we need" after that first circle, especially after having to stretch, grab vehicles, etc. Essentially, nothing has really changed all that much, in terms of gameplay, lol.

So why, after this patch, do people even have the propensity to say, "oh it's too much loot!" lolol, it's hilarious, particularly when the buff has revived the interest in Erangel, our favorite map. In fact, for my guys, the only time we really even got to play Erangel was in NA Pro Scrims. We play competitively, and we could barely even do practice runs -- auditioning new loot paths, rotation and looting timings, quickly improving on little important things, etc -- because of the queue times. And in these scrims, it's not just about practice; you have to do well to progress and even stay in the scrims at all.

And it's not just about playing competitively. We are just overwhelmed to see that PUBG doesn't = Sanhok again.

After 3500 hours in this game, I can assure you that this type of change will not change the RNG nature of this game, as I've said plenty of time before. Players will still drop into areas depending on the random plane path, deal with random circles and circle shrinks, have people who stretch away to loot, have people who drop hot, have people who prefer to be on foot, have people who prefer to be in vehicles, have players who go for drops, have people who camp in houses and bushes, have people who boldly hunt players/teams, have people who prefer different types of weapons over others (ARs vs Snipers, etc), have to fight people at the end with good gear, and I can go on and on and on. This buff hasn't changed, won't change, and cannot change the fundamental nature of PUBG BR. We're still gonna stretch, loot until we're satisfied, and will probably be in the blue half the time.

I agree with most of what you posted in this reply. But what I feel the complaints are about is on certain drops you can fully level 2, med, boost, ammo, AR and SR fully attached.... in just a few buildings or a single standard compound. You can also do this routinely ... say 7/10 drops. The density of AR/DMR/SR items is too great.

I feel the next step in Erangels evolution will be adding more compounds. This will thin the density immensely.

Here's what I ended up with on my drop. Most of the time on this drop I'll end up with both fully attached M416 and SKS. full ammo, meds, boosters and level 2 gear.

This shouldn't be the standard. Getting setup like this should take awhile or be very loot lucky.

2019_05.11-13_12.png.480e49a561e313a500041d83c19bdaff.png

Posted (edited)

3rd Drop ... shared compound with another player who ran off.

2019_05.11-14_19.png.6239a5e341e7c1c848ab053630226901.png.

Zone centered on my compound.

Edited by Rev0verDrive

1 hour ago, Rev0verDrive said:

Getting setup like this should take awhile or be very loot lucky.

I agree it shouldn't always be in every first house you drop..

But i can't say i agree very much.

This round i dropped Primorsk and started at the three hangars at the beach came out with a Tommy Gun and a Beryl with 30 bullets and no scopes

17 hours ago, TG_L3GACY said:

So to best compete and win, you still MUST loot to reach a higher level of gear needed to compete late game - or get the drop on guys who are better geared than you and acquire it that way.

I disagree, for my playstyle the wins i get wouldn't make any difference if they have 3vest or lvl1

I think in average im happy with the loot right now, i don't really care too much if people have lvl3 vest and bag in the end it's up to me to outplay them is how i see it.

We still all have the same prerequisites everyone can get their prefered setup for the end?

Also it's hella lot more fun now when you KNOW it COULD be a good thing almost anywhere...

Before you knew it was no point in looting a lot of buildings/rooms because it was 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 chance of anything useful.

I love it this way, though it has still one huge disadvantage, i just played 19minutes in one round killing 2 people wich only gave me 2 SP

I need to play 500 games like that to achieve the missing 1000SP to reach 6000SP thats almost 160h of gameplay :E

Pretty sure i can get 2SP a lot easier with less time in Sanhok...

19 minutes ago, sgt_gh0st said:

I agree it shouldn't always be in every first house you drop..

But i can't say i agree very much.

This round i dropped Primorsk and started at the three hangars at the beach came out with a Tommy Gun and a Beryl with 30 bullets and no scopes

Maybe you shouldn't drop at the shit hangars. Drop at the compound to the east of primorsk. It tends to have better loot on average... Or the larger compound North east of the one I just noted.

Just because the upped the loot doesn't mean every compound is littered with good loot. There's specific places that tend to have consistent good loot in abundance. Fools dropping in large compounds (School, apts, pochinki, etc) thinking the loot is going to be solid are fooling themselves. You have to clear a lot more buildings to come even close to the average I get at a smaller compound.

2 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

Maybe you shouldn't drop at the shit hangars. Drop at the compound to the east of primorsk. It tends to have better loot on average... Or the larger compound North east of the one I just noted.

Just because the upped the loot doesn't mean every compound is littered with good loot. There's specific places that tend to have consistent good loot in abundance. Fools dropping in large compounds (School, apts, pochinki, etc) thinking the loot is going to be solid are fooling themselves. You have to clear a lot more buildings to come even close to the average I get at a smaller compound.

Well i usually find decent loot in the Hangars both Prison Georgepol and Primorsk and what i love about them is they are so fast and easy to farm ;)

But yeah pretty much nowhere is a guarantee any round wich is why i think it's still ok, it's not like every place is full of everything like some seem to make it sound.

So happy with the loot buff. No more loot simulator. Now you loot for 5 mins and you're 90% kitted and ready to fight.

Keep up the good work devs. Next up - Miramar buff.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 12:18 PM, knaebekevin said:

totally agree. It is more skill based now

I haven’t played lately much but I’ve been around since day one. 

I agree with what what you said. I’ve only made it to page 5 of this thread so far, so excuse me if I repeat something Already said. 

Comp. players get increased loot I’m guessing even more plentiful than current erangel public games. I never understood why they should mitigate rng loot for comp players but not the public build. 

I see both sides of the argument and honestly I’m in the middle. I can be happy either way. 

I do think the competitive and public build should be the same. The reason why for me is meta. 

Posted (edited)

I'd like to see the statistics on what number and percentage increase in numbers Erangel saw after the loot increase. I feel like this may be more telling than individual perceptions of "too much", "not enough" loot preference. What I mean to say is, was the loot increase effective in bringing more players to the map? If it was, is that a good measurement of if the majority of players feel it's an acceptable loot table for the map?

Edited by LTyrion
  • Like 3

On 4/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, hardcoded said:

Exactly...  damn campers complaining about too much loot..  what a joke...  I have been here since the beginning.. 4k plus hours..  Erangel was boring AF.. They killed the loot about a year and a half ago.. I remember.. i was there..  people started complaining back then..   There is a reason everyone plays sanhok and the other maps are empty usually.. 

Now its not so much luck as to what you find.. We shouldn't be forced to drop hot to find decent gear..

On another note.. I was in a duo game last night on the 5th circle with 24 left...  The loot is just fine!

Your right the loot was better long ago then all of a sudden I noticed novo crates had been nerfed, checked George, same thing. It was most likely map wide reduction. Damn that was long ago. 

I got to page 7 and ppl finally started talking about how the loot effects playstyle. It has the possibility of changing the game dramatically. 

Loot progression from shit to shiny is a major element of pubg. Some other games also are tackling the same community gripes about low tear weapons and armors. 

Im kinda torn on the subject. I love finding shiny items, on the other hand I’ve been playing primarily loot survival games since 2013. I’m tired of looting. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2019 at 11:28 PM, Sidartha said:

1. There is no camper crisis.

2. Rearranging rocks won't change camping behavior.

3. LUL.

Its like How Donald Trump  used his emergency powers to resolves United States Crisis at the United States Meixco Border to keep  away the bad people.

Edited by Thread
  • RIP 3

16 minutes ago, Thread said:

Its like How Donald Trump  used his emergency powers to resolves United States Crisis at the United States Meixco Border to keep  away the bad people.

Another nonsensical post brought to you by Thread. Next post will detail how to fix US immigration policy by rearranging rocks and trees at the border. Can't wait.

• Haha 1
  • RIP 1