OldManBoom

Erangel Loot Rebalance - Gone too far

Just now, Rev0verDrive said:

Agreed. By the time I left my "late drop, had to drive to it spot" I was fully kitted out.

2019_04.24-16_18.png.cd48aa78c581decc4cd38b0c802f56e2.png

Yeah it's ridiculous, we dropped kameshki today. Didn't even loot the entire town before we where kitted out.

15 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

The game is less interesting if you're always well looted.

It takes away the thrill of playing under-equipped and trying to work out how you're going to get more gear. Of succeeding despite being dealt a terrible hand.

This is part of the joy of pubg, and I don't want that taken away so the game can spoon feed me guns.

That's the point. 

Agreed. After killing someone there is little joy in looking them over and thinking "ah who cares I got great loot anyway"

It used to be a bounty - "WOOHOO a Level 2 vest (damaged) and a 4x w/ an AR! Sweet! No more UZI for me!!"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Vangandr said:

Yeah it's ridiculous, we dropped kameshki today. Didn't even loot the entire town before we where kitted out.

were I'm dropping and have been dropping for at least a year isn't even a big place. Just a run of the mill multi-building compound. Loot central. Most skip it because it doesn't look like it would produce. But it is pretty damn consistent and has been for a long long time. Now it's overstocked and there's no bit of potential dread. Will I get the AR/DMR or pistol/shotty/uzi? Nope every building gets an AR or DMR or both.

Edited by Rev0verDrive
  • Like 2

It's like Oprah's NRA special up in this bitch.

You get an AR! You get an AR! Everybody gets an AR!!!!

This has easy solution. Whoever sees many weapons now, do not take them, is that simple.

For me it is perfect :)

It changes gameplay strats that for sure, you knoooooow everyones equipped to the balls.

And just wait until people start bitching about the loot levels of Miramar....

Now that Erangel is Sanhok vol.2, Miramar is last map left...It's gonna happen

• Like 1

Ok it's a bit ridiculous when one average compound is spawning 3x Kar98's, SLR's, 2x DP-28's plus M4's, AKM's along with massive level 2 gear.

So far I'm impressed with the latest patch with the exception of this topic. Erangel is ridiculous, in fact it make Sanhok look positively sparse. 

Played 10 rounds purposely dropping in small compounds to see what the new loot was like and 8 rounds it was SLR / AR within no more than 3 small buildings. The one time I dropped at Georg I was carrying a Beryl, SKS, (fully kitted apart from a comp for the SKS), 8x , lvl 2 helm and armour 2 frags, 3 smokes, 5 PK's, 7 drinks, around 250 rounds of 7.62 and my level 3 bag (one of two found) was bursting at the seams.

Hope they dial it back a good chunk. There was no need to adjust it after the last change, definitely not in the way the have.

For those arguing that it just means you get a better chance in fighting I'm going to counter with you know you are likely going up against an AR/DMR/Kar combo and you will see a lot more compound camping on Erangel. Makes more sense the leaked changes a while back to the amount of buildings. As it stands the map's open areas are pretty much death traps. You could always stand a chance of duking one sniper but 3? You're going down.

2 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

Agreed. By the time I left my "late drop, had to drive to it spot" I was fully kitted out.

2019_04.24-16_18.png.cd48aa78c581decc4cd38b0c802f56e2.png

please man, you clearly don't have a cheek pad or suppressor. Fully kitted, pfffffftttttt!!!!!!

• Haha 1

10 horas atrás, OldManBoom disse:

As the title says, I think it's gone a bit too far this time. There are rifles everywhere, grenades are more common than pistols and it hasn't taken more than 3 or 4 buildings to come out fully kitted in the few games I've played, without even dropping in "high loot" areas. Erangel is now a bit of a maxi-Sanhok.

I really appreciate being forced out of my comfort zone to find good loot. Forcing you in to difficult decisions, or hard battles, in order to find what you wanted was always at the core of what the game was originally about. If it's going to drop rifles on you left right and centre then there's now no incentive to move outside of being pushed by the circle, and for me this creates a less enjoyable playing experience.

The very best games are the ones where you write yourself off as having no chance because all you've got's a UMP, a level 1 vest and an outrageous collection of bandages, only then to dodge some enemies, win a fight against the odds, kit up and go on to win the thing.

Sometimes less is more. I think a bit less is what Erangel needs from where it is right now.

*Prepares to be flamed*

I do not agree, because I think the developers are to be congratulated now, yes Erangel is a map as it should have always been, I see no reason to reduce the loot that is now available and I will go further if the developers can match the Miramar Loot so  as is the one of Erangel we will have all the maps being played is this will only improve and increase the number of players who will return to this excellent game called PUBG!  Congratulations on your attention to the community's request ...

16 minutes ago, fobyac said:

So far I'm impressed with the latest patch with the exception of this topic. Erangel is ridiculous, in fact it make Sanhok look positively sparse. 

Played 10 rounds purposely dropping in small compounds to see what the new loot was like and 8 rounds it was SLR / AR within no more than 3 small buildings. The one time I dropped at Georg I was carrying a Beryl, SKS, (fully kitted apart from a comp for the SKS), 8x , lvl 2 helm and armour 2 frags, 3 smokes, 5 PK's, 7 drinks, around 250 rounds of 7.62 and my level 3 bag (one of two found) was bursting at the seams.

Hope they dial it back a good chunk. There was no need to adjust it after the last change, definitely not in the way the have.

For those arguing that it just means you get a better chance in fighting I'm going to counter with you know you are likely going up against an AR/DMR/Kar combo and you will see a lot more compound camping on Erangel. Makes more sense the leaked changes a while back to the amount of buildings. As it stands the map's open areas are pretty much death traps. You could always stand a chance of duking one sniper but 3? You're going down.

Right. If you're kitted to the nines then there's a 99% chance the guy on the hill watching you is capped as well. The other side of this is by phase 2 end there's roughly only 20 players alive. I had a round with 17 left at start of third.

I can now loot out for 3 mins then go camp the shit of center zone for the rest of the game.

Posted (edited)

patch is a joke. land anywhere, literally anywhere and you can (and more than likely will be fully looted inside 5 minutes. its a joke

Edited by TheGreatFailure
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatFailure said:

patch is a joke. land anywhere, literally anywhere and you can (and more than likely will be fully looted inside 5 minutes. its a joke

just had an afk drop on the outskirts north west of primorsk bumfookery ... walked out fully kitted. Scarl/Mini14, 6x, both extended mags, 200 rounds 5.56, level 2'd, 3 first aid, a few drinks and pills, 2 nades, 2 smokes.

Just for the developers information: me and my squad like, that we don't have to spend minutes to find some loot. We look through the first two houses and are ready for the battle. That's great!

I think, that the future of this game is loot system, like in Tarkov: where you can select the equipment before the match and not to spend the time for looting.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

No, i dont want to play a game where i have a load out ready.

No, no no.

19 minutes ago, dmitryfx said:

Just for the developers information: me and my squad like, that we don't have to spend minutes to find some loot. We look through the first two houses and are ready for the battle. That's great!

I think, that the future of this game is loot system, like in Tarkov: where you can select the equipment before the match and not to spend the time for looting.

so you want to basically play a standard shooter.....you kinda missed the whole point of a BR mate

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mad_Hater said:

Agreed. After killing someone there is little joy in looking them over and thinking "ah who cares I got great loot anyway"

It used to be a bounty - "WOOHOO a Level 2 vest (damaged) and a 4x w/ an AR! Sweet! No more UZI for me!!"

This isn't even true for me and my squad, because we stretched away and looted till we were fully kitted anyway, so that we didn't have to loot any dead people's bodies. You people are tripping about the Erangel loot. There's a reason they felt a need to do this. They want people playing more Erangel. Sanhok is not an objectively better map than Erangel! It's about the loot. If you really would like to keep Erangel empty and have it getting emptier by the day, let them listen to you guys and keep folks off the map and on Sanhok.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

19 minutes ago, noofy said:

There's a reason they felt a need to do this.

and that reason is people who fundamentally dont get what a BR is want to play the game like quake, then complain when they cant.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rev0verDrive said:

just had an afk drop on the outskirts north west of primorsk bumfookery ... walked out fully kitted. Scarl/Mini14, 6x, both extended mags, 200 rounds 5.56, level 2'd, 3 first aid, a few drinks and pills, 2 nades, 2 smokes.

Just go play Rust then if all you want to do is loot dude..  Not all of us are addicted to looting like you obviously are..  I want a gun and start surviving.. not looting with an smg half the game..

You had your 20 minutes of looting for a long time now.. let the rest of us gear up and fight. You don't have to pick up gear if you don't want too..

Edited by hardcoded
  • Like 1

Finally played Erangel this evening... good god it's like a gun candy store. First impression... waaaay too far with the amount of loot. May as well just let everyone pick what they want before they drop from the plane.

I have only played a few matches and so far it's noticeably more loot but I haven't seen that it's as extreme as some have said. I dropped with a duo partner at the little harbor compound and we looted the entire place. I was decently geared with LVL 2 helmet/vest/bag, M4 and M16 but no red dot and only a 2x scope and very little ammo. Partner was worse off and didn't even find a helmet (though to be fair could have passed a LVL 1 or something). Regardless, I wouldn't disagree that they probably need to tone it down a bit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hardcoded said:

Just go play Rust then if all you want to do is loot dude..  Not all of us are addicted to looting like you obviously are..  I want a gun and start surviving.. not looting with an smg half the game..

You had your 20 minutes of looting for a long time now.. let the rest of us gear up and fight. You don't have to pick up gear if you don't want too..

i find it amazing how the irony of your post didn't hit you, unless your trolling that is, you have to be trolling or kinda dumb.

you have sanhok which caters to the quake deathmatch players like yourself and yet when the maps which dont let you blindly afk your way into being fully kitted up is eroded everyone should like what you like ?

26 minutes ago, hardcoded said:

I've never had to loot more than 5 minutes on erangel. Usually within 2 compounds close to each other I was done and off to zone. By first or 2nd kill I had everything I needed.

Why don't you go play CoD so you can spawn in with your gear and jump to spray-n-pray.

Erangel is fun to play again. 

To afraid to fight a fully kitted guy? 

I think you are those campers who hide in a bush to get top10.  now we can fight after 5 mins max, not everybody camps, not everybody wants a win with 1 kill. 

• Like 2