OldManBoom

Erangel Loot Rebalance - Gone too far

36 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

Why would I want to hot drop? To me, the game is about surviving until the end and being the last one standing. I don't hot drop because I see half the map die in hot drop locations in the first 2 minutes, and that doesn't seem particularly conducive to success.

I never told you to hotdrop, hotdropping is the dumbest thing you could do for loot and overall the dumbest thing you can do in this game.

27 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

Here's an example. In the second game I landed at the building shown in the picture. My plan was to loot that building and the barns (collectively my squad refer to these as "Pochinki Barns").

Normally no-one lands here, so on solo you can, hopefully, find a rifle, at least one piece of level 2 armour (helmet or vest), and a couple of nice upgrades. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

So your enemy did a terrible push assuming you're not armed? Doesn't mean there can't be challenge if your opponent is bad every now and then.

Great loot change.. now I can play Erangal again..  got really boring for awhile there.... That is why Sanhook is the most played map.. 

GJ Bluehole...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Destru said:

I never told you to hotdrop, hotdropping is the dumbest thing you could do for loot and overall the dumbest thing you can do in this game.

Then what did you mean by "loot properly and don't intentionally roll with bad gear"? Who intentionally rolls with bad gear? Literally noone except crossbow fiends.

I'm not intentionally using crap loot, I'm saying the different challenges that having poor loot gives you is sometimes just as interesting as playing fully tooled up, and having a mix of good or bad loot is certainly more interesting than just being fully tooled up all the time.

Edited by OldManBoom

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

Then what did you mean by "loot properly and don't intentionally roll with bad gear"? Who intentionally rolls with bad gear? Literally noone except crossbow fiends.

Take a vehicle and drive a bit farther from the plane trajectory (no boats they're too slow), 99% of the time you're looting places like North Georgopol, Yasnaya or Primorsk completely by yourself.

I'm not intentionally using crap loot

You sure made it sound like it getting "stuck" with an UMP and level 1 gear. You're not stuck with them if you decide to just roll with them.

The very best games are the ones where you write yourself off as having no chance because all you've got's a UMP, a level 1 vest and an outrageous collection of bandages

You can still make it a challenge with better loot as you can push better positions more aggressively.

Edited by Destru

When I read the patch notes I was a bit worried this patch might have been too much. I still haven't played so don't have firsthand knowledge of the changes but I hope it's not overdone. I think they had it pretty close with the first round of changes. I wouldn't mind if they increased it a small amount more but there was no reason to go overboard with it. If they did increase it too much I hope they are willing to scale it back a bit. I have no problem with Sahnok map but there is no reason every map should play exactly like it.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Destru said:

Take a vehicle and drive a bit farther from the plane trajectory (no boats they're too slow), 99% of the time you're looting places like North Georgopol, Yasnaya or Primorsk completely by yourself.

You sure made it sound like it getting "stuck" with an UMP and level 1 gear. You're not stuck with them if you decide to just roll with them.

Again, obvious.

You find bad loot and there aren't any vehicles. Discuss.

Edited by OldManBoom

2 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

You find bad loot and there aren't any vehicles. Discuss.

Vehicle first, then drive to loot.

Cover a large area of road with the parachute and you're guaranteed to get away with a vehicle

Just now, Destru said:

Vehicle first, then drive to loot.

Cover a large area of road with the parachute and you're guaranteed to get away with a vehicle

I mean yeah dude, this is all fairly obvious stuff that I do, and many players do. But when there isn't a vehicle, and there really isn't always a vehicle, that's when it gets really interesting and you have to start thinking on your feet. These are the times I will miss from having loot thrown at me.

I can't see how with this patch that even driving across the map to un-looted areas away from the plane path will be necessary, and that's just as disappointing. 

Just to comment on the loot and the new circle. One thing that the new circle does is force you to have to travel large distances early in the game, so it would be harder to loot for longer with the old levels. But personally I would rather loot longer in a larger circle, and thus feel like I had more tactical control over my movements, than just having weapons shoved at me and told to get to X corner of the map by any means necessary.

Erangel before this patch was much preferred personally. 

The only possible solution I can think of, if people think the new levels are better for squads, is split loot levels depending on mode and have more loot in squads? No idea how possible that is but maybe that would keep some people happy. 

I play all modes at various times but in solo this is way too much loot.

One thing that the new circle does is

Ok I'm gonna stop you right there, there were no circle changes in the patch notes.

8 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

But personally I would rather loot longer in a larger circle, and thus feel like I had more tactical control over my movements,

Firstly, again, the Erangel circles didn't change.

Secondly, I fail to see why having better weapons at hand would change your gameplay at all. Playing the environment still nets you the win having more and better weapons changes nothing but reduces the loot times.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

2 hours ago, PoorCrusader said:

Plz a bit less loot!

It should at least stay a tactical shooter... I do not want to play TheHunter meets CSGO the trigerhappy edition

PUBG has never been close to anything about tactical shooter. It is just about CS:GO style gameplay but in larger scale. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Destru said:

Ok I'm gonna stop you right there, there were no circle changes in the patch notes.

Firstly, again, the Erangel circles didn't change.

Secondly, I fail to see why having better weapons at hand would change your gameplay at all. Playing the environment still nets you the win having more and better weapons changes nothing but reduces the loot times.

So you're saying if you land and get a shotgun/uzi that you'd play exactly the same way as you would if it were an M4/AKM?

I know I play different when I get lower tier weapons. I have to play to that weapons strengths and weaknesses.

Tommy vs AKM with 2x at 50+ feet. If I had the AKM I'd single fire dude into oblivion at that range easily. I'd be an idiot trying to do that with a tommy.

Edited by Rev0verDrive
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Destru said:

Firstly again, the Erangel circles didn't change.

I'll accept that, people on here spoke about it and the circle in the next game I played seemed smaller, but that might be because it was right in the corner. I retract it.

The last bit you said was nonsense.

By the 3rd building in a small compound.

image.png.f6594ccb58643454de5e83d84adf3dc7.png

First building: lvl 3 vest, lvl 2 bag/helmet, scarl, akm, grenade,smoke,red dot ..... RIDICULOUS

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

Erengel loot balancing is not complete. So chill out people. Need patch it'll get changed again and probably reduced a bit.

For now I guess if people don't like the Ioot.. well. Mirimar hasn't changed. The loot there is still on old erengel levels. So if loot is truly the issue then I'm sure no one will have issues on mirimar. Or will they?....

The re-balance is pretty good.  They could dial it back a tiny smidgen but it isn't all that big of a deal.  To be able to have a level playing field hot dropping is more than welcome.  A welcome addition would be to give melee weapons (not punching, unless in the face/head) a one hit knock or a shorter 2nd swing delay.  

12 minutes ago, Rev0verDrive said:

By the 3rd building in a small compound.

image.png.f6594ccb58643454de5e83d84adf3dc7.png

First building: lvl 3 vest, lvl 2 bag/helmet, scarl, akm, grenade,smoke,red dot ..... RIDICULOUS

It's not like this in every match you play. You just got extremely lucky there. I have looted in Gatka before for example and gotten an Uzi and a shotgun in the first four houses with lvl 1 gear. I think it is pretty balanced as it is now

7 minutes ago, knaebekevin said:

It's not like this in every match you play. You just got extremely lucky there. I have looted in Gatka before for example and gotten an Uzi and a shotgun in the first four houses with lvl 1 gear. I think it is pretty balanced as it is now

The spot I drop on Erangel is pretty damn consistent hence the reason I routinely drop there. Also I'm usually the only one that drops at that point so its uncontested looting.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OldManBoom said:

I play all modes at various times but in solo this is way too much loot.

What's your in game name?

And can you post some solo videos of you dieing because of too much loot? We can explain how its your fault most of the time.

Edited by won slow truck

Posted (edited)

@knaebekevin 2nd round ... 1st bldg at the same drop. Had to drive to it.

image.png.0af1c1b1d2b593c58e3dd8fd2189dfa1.png

2nd building .... + DP in the next room

image.png.74a75e686b25860f2e75d20db5469034.png

Edited by Rev0verDrive

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, won slow truck said:

What's your in game name?

And can you post some solo videos of you dieing because of too much loot? We can explain how its your fault most of the time.

My in game name is OldManBoom.

And who said anything about dying because of too much loot? It's not like I'm complaining that my character is weighed down by all his glorious weapons.

I've actually been doing pretty well on Erangel today but that's not even slightly the point.

Edited by OldManBoom

3 minutes ago, won slow truck said:

Well you made a thread and are doing well. So there is no problem. I don't get it.

The problem is quite simple, would you care if they changed it so that you get to pick loadout before even dropping? If you would you should be able to see the point. Lots of us love a challenge in having to play with the hand we are dealt, but we don't want a full house on every shuffle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, won slow truck said:

Well you made a thread and are doing well. So there is no problem. I don't get it.

The game is less interesting if you're always well looted.

It takes away the thrill of playing under-equipped and trying to work out how you're going to get more gear. Of succeeding despite being dealt a terrible hand.

This is part of the joy of pubg, and I don't want that taken away so the game can spoon feed me guns.

That's the point.

• Like 1

Just now, Vangandr said:

The problem is quite simple, would you care if they changed it so that you get to pick loadout before even dropping? If you would you should be able to see the point. Lots of us love a challenge in having to play with the hand we are dealt, but we don't want a full house on every shuffle.

Agreed. By the time I left my "late drop, had to drive to it spot" I was fully kitted out.

2019_04.24-16_18.png.cd48aa78c581decc4cd38b0c802f56e2.png

• Like 1