OldManBoom

Erangel Loot Rebalance - Gone too far

Erengel is just about where it was when the game was released. Loot during the early days was right about where it is now. That's what people liked. Then it was nerfed. From there quite a few people left.

It's a business decision. More loot for players the more they will play. Less loot the more they won't. Miramar should be the only low loot map here going forward. To make it the struggle map.

• Like 1

i dont understand this argument people make in favour of the loot change.

no, more people are not playing now than they were before, this change has not brought more people back to the game than have left, this is a clear demonstrable fact.

Erangel loot is better now..but the distribution was and is still bad..you still can get a building with not much and another one with multiple ARs..They should make it more balanced (keeping the randomness of course).

2 minutes ago, TheGreatFailure said:

no, more people are not playing now than they were before, this change has not brought more people back to the game than have left, this is a clear demonstrable fact.

Most streamers and pro players on twitch like the new loot. I am watching PEL, come join in instead of arguing on here ;)

Posted (edited)

i honestly dont care what a handful of people who get paid to play games think, also try having a thought of your own instead of parroting other peoples

Edited by TheGreatFailure

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, TheGreatFailure said:

Do you have a source to back up that?

FACT though is we lost almost 110.000 players in Feb. Mar. Apr.

Last 30 days we gained 5.500 Players

link )

I can't say Erangel loot is the reason but maby you have a source that not more players play Erangel?

Vikendi getting boosted too!

This sounds like awsome news to me, too bad they take away the fun in the Cave though.

Maby that map will get a player boost too 🙂    --------->

Edited by sgt_gh0st

2 minutes ago, TheGreatFailure said:

https://steamdb.info/app/578080/graphs/

numbers haven't gone up...they also haven't gone down (more than the usual), but they haven't gone up

Last 30 days is +5.500 players dude....

Before we lost 20.000-100.000 e v e r y month.....

as i said, it hasn't gone up and it hasn't gone down (5,500 for pubg is nothing)

you make a change, any change and people will look at shiny, if you want to make the claim the loot has brought people back you need to give it time, its like saying vikendi brought people to the game because you saw a 18% rise in the months surrounding it, but it quickly lost those players again and more

4 minutes ago, TheGreatFailure said:

as i said, it hasn't gone up and it hasn't gone down (5,500 for pubg is nothing)

you make a change, any change and people will look at shiny, if you want to make the claim the loot has brought people back you need to give it time, its like saying vikendi brought people to the game because you saw a 18% rise in the months surrounding it, but it quickly lost those players again and more

Well, +5.500 maby isn't much, but compared to a -60.000 month it's a bigger difference is it not? 

I did not bring the claim the loot made this difference, i was even clear stating that.

You however stated that, and i quote:

"no, more people are not playing now than they were before, this change has not brought more people back to the game than have left, this is a clear demonstrable fact."

theres a big difference between not losing players and gaining players. the only thing that can be taken from the stats at this point is that the game isn't losing or gaining players. you cant judge the overall trend of a change until the shiny effect has worn off

2 hours ago, TheGreatFailure said:

theres a big difference between not losing players and gaining players. the only thing that can be taken from the stats at this point is that the game isn't losing or gaining players. you cant judge the overall trend of a change until the shiny effect has worn off

It's still a huge difference to gain 5.500 players rather than loosing (another) 60k

Im not good at math though..

didn't say it wasn't, im simply stating PUBS numbers have stayed the same since the change and that anyone claiming numbers have gone up or this has caused more people to play are foolish at best. no conclusions can be drawn until the dust has settled  

I can't stand Erangel these days,

1 time I landed at a small town of 7 or so houses and I got a Uzi with like 55 rounds and a Winchester. The only places to land are the school and rozhok, and pochinki which all have about 20 people. The loot has been so bad, sometimes I get lucky and maybe get a scar with 100 rounds max with a 4x scope. Out of 50 rounds I have only had 3 good ones. 

34 minutes ago, F4MAS said:

I can't stand Erangel these days,

1 time I landed at a small town of 7 or so houses and I got a Uzi with like 55 rounds and a Winchester. The only places to land are the school and rozhok, and pochinki which all have about 20 people. The loot has been so bad, sometimes I get lucky and maybe get a scar with 100 rounds max with a 4x scope. Out of 50 rounds I have only had 3 good ones. 

Did they revert the loot boost?

IDK, but I have to get like 7+ kills to get loot and I never run into anyone, and I usually get snuck up on, and then I get one pumped with a shotgun, or I get killed by a squad that is camping on a mountain.

13 minutes ago, F4MAS said:

IDK, but I have to get like 7+ kills to get loot and I never run into anyone, and I usually get snuck up on, and then I get one pumped with a shotgun, or I get killed by a squad that is camping on a mountain.

Hmm... something about this post seems.... trolly.

No seriously, this is why I don't use Erangel, also why trolly?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, F4MAS said:

Because the loot on Erangel was buffed quite a lot a while back and nobody is saying there is no loot on that map anymore except you. People complain there is too much now but not the other way around. So either you are really out of the loop on what is happening or being trolly!

Edited by Sidartha

I guess I haven't played Erangel in a while. Or maybe I just land in bad spots.

1 hour ago, F4MAS said:

1 hour ago, F4MAS said:

Trolly.

Seriously, don't peg me like that also, trolly in what sense.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:54 PM, TheGreatFailure said:

didn't say it wasn't, im simply stating PUBS numbers have stayed the same since the change and that anyone claiming numbers have gone up or this has caused more people to play are foolish at best. no conclusions can be drawn until the dust has settled  

Im not sure what you're trying to prove, from today and 30 days back we gained 6.500 players instead of loosing ~60.000

That is a big change, but that doesn't mean we know the reasons, and noone said that either.

But that is a change.

1 hour ago, F4MAS said:

Seriously, don't peg me like that also, trolly in what sense.

In the sense that you appear to be claiming multiple 7+ kill games that don't show up on your stats ? 4 = max in a round according to that ?  maybe its seomthing about that ?