OldManBoom

Erangel Loot Rebalance - Gone too far

Posted (edited)

As the title says, I think it's gone a bit too far this time. There are rifles everywhere, grenades are more common than pistols and it hasn't taken more than 3 or 4 buildings to come out fully kitted in the few games I've played, without even dropping in "high loot" areas. Erangel is now a bit of a maxi-Sanhok.

I really appreciate being forced out of my comfort zone to find good loot. Forcing you in to difficult decisions, or hard battles, in order to find what you wanted was always at the core of what the game was originally about. If it's going to drop rifles on you left right and centre then there's now no incentive to move outside of being pushed by the circle, and for me this creates a less enjoyable playing experience.

The very best games are the ones where you write yourself off as having no chance because all you've got's a UMP, a level 1 vest and an outrageous collection of bandages, only then to dodge some enemies, win a fight against the odds, kit up and go on to win the thing.

Sometimes less is more. I think a bit less is what Erangel needs from where it is right now.

*Prepares to be flamed*

Edited by OldManBoom
  • Like 12
  • RIP 8
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

i didnt play enough but i nthe round i did play i got the same feeling, there seems to be alot of guns everywhere.

i guess they wanted to overshoot and tune it down from there.

just leave it for a week or so, lets get a bigger picture

What will be interesting is the spreead of the weapons. before, most of the houses where empty. there is no point in having an empty house! they should fill the houses with level 1 loot at least. thats what they should aim for, have some kind of loot everywhere!

Edited by iddqd
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, OldManBoom said:

As the title says, I think it's gone a bit too far this time. There are rifles everywhere, grenades are more common than pistols and it hasn't taken more than 3 or 4 buildings to come out fully kitted in the few games I've played, without even dropping in "high loot" areas. Erangel is now a bit of a maxi-Sanhok.

I really appreciate being forced out of my comfort zone to find good loot. Forcing you in to difficult decisions, or hard battles, in order to find what you wanted was always at the core of what the game was originally about. If it's going to drop rifles on you left right and centre then there's now no incentive to move outside of being pushed by the circle, and for me this creates a less enjoyable playing experience.

The very best games are the ones where you write yourself off as having no chance because all you've got's a UMP, a level 1 vest and an outrageous collection of bandages, only then to dodge some enemies, win a fight against the odds, kit up and go on to win the thing.

Sometimes less is more. I think a bit less is what Erangel needs from where it is right now.

*Prepares to be flamed*

Second this all the way, just did three solo games. it takes ONE compound of 4-6 houses to come out fully lvl 2, a rifle (DMR/SR) and a fully kitted AR/SMG.
What is this supposed to be, Call of Duty?

as far as I'm concerned, everything was fine pre-patch 28 (loot wise).

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

I actually really enjoy playing Erangel again. I think the loot isn't as OP as you guys are claiming it to be. It for sure isn't in the extreme levels like Sanhok loot. I really like the new loot buff

• Like 6

1 hour ago, OldManBoom said:

HEAR HEAR

Exactly my thoughts. I played a bunch on the test server last night. Loot everywhere. But as you said, it kind of takes away from the strategic aspect.

Why bother dropping into a city when a group of 3-4 houses can kit you up perfectly?

The great thing about this game is that IT IS NOT LIKE EVERY OTHER FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. It isn't just spray and pray and fight fight fight. There's strategy, there's luck.

The more you make every map like Sanhok, the less I want to play PUBG.  Sanhok is my least favorite map BTW, probably because of the lack of need for strategy when loot is dumped everywhere.

Please just don't do this to my beloved miramar, I beg you BH.

I really like the loot levels on Erangel now. I think it isn't too much like some people claim here. I feel like the loot is in a good spot right now on Erangel, but will have to play a few more days to really get a solid opinion. I think some people just gotta hate on every update that goes live, even if it has only been out for six hours

• Like 6
  • RIP 1

1 hour ago, BigSwig said:

New circles are so bad. 

its bascially vikendi. 

I'll be honest, I'd forgotten their were circle changes and didn't even look out for/notice them. Will keep an eye open this evening.

14 minutes ago, knaebekevin said:

I really like the loot levels on Erangel now. I think it isn't too much like some people claim here. I feel like the loot is in a good spot right now on Erangel, but will have to play a few more days to really get a solid opinion. I think some people just gotta hate on every update that goes live, even if it has only been out for six hours

I'd say I'm probably one of the more positive people you'll meet when it comes to changes made in the past. I've defended Bluehole a bunch of times and I'm in no way saying this is a game-breaking change.

We just already have two maps that throw loot at you for funzies. I like the fact you have to scrabble around for loot on the bigger maps and I don't get why that should change to be more like something it was never supposed to be.

1 hour ago, BigSwig said:

New circles are so bad. 

its bascially vikendi. 

Any link to the circle change? I was not aware of circle changes.

As for more guns, GOOD!

• Like 1

Loot is perfect. Now we can spent more time shooting, less time running around like idiots trying to find the basics. 

• Like 11
  • Confused 1
  • RIP 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, knaebekevin said:

5 minutes ago, Themurderone91 said:

Loot is perfect. Now we can spent more time shooting, less time running around like idiots trying to find the basics. 

6 minutes ago, won slow truck said:

Any link to the circle change? I was not aware of circle changes.

As for more guns, GOOD!

They might as well remove everything besides m4, kar98/m24 and crate weapons right now. because after several games, i have yet to come across anyone using anything else.....  Is this how a fight for survival should be? if you want to start full geared: play a normal shooter?

Edited by Zetti
  • Like 2
  • RIP 1

2 minutes ago, Themurderone91 said:

totally agree. It isn't fun looting for 20 minutes, only to be killed by a dude

• Like 5
  • RIP 4

1 minute ago, Zetti said:

They might as well remove everything besides m4, kar98/m24 and crate weapons right now. because after 10 games, i have yet to come across anyone using anything else.....  Is this how a fight for survival should be? if you want to start full geared: play a normal shooter?

This is good to hear.

I don't feel it's too fun fighting someone when I geared up and they have crap guns. But if you need someone to have a pistol to with against your AR, I understand😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zetti said:

They might as well remove everything besides m4, kar98/m24 and crate weapons right now. because after several games, i have yet to come across anyone using anything else.....  Is this how a fight for survival should be? if you want to start full geared: play a normal shooter?

Normal shooters dont have giant maps that you have to play tactically and clever in order to win. Thats why we play this. And thats why we love the new loot. And yes, only m4 and kar would be great as well

• Confused 1

Plz a bit less loot!

It should at least stay a tactical shooter... I do not want to play TheHunter meets CSGO the trigerhappy edition

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • RIP 3

I'm so happy my squad got one final game of shottys, tommys and 1 SLR, accompanied at best by lvl 1 gear for the lucky ones. After some intense driving and a tad bit of CQC we won the game fully kitted. Those are the best games, where you get shit loot and still manage to turn the tides and pull ahead. I don't even care for chickens anymore, we are more about fucking around. The only time I acctually get that great feeling from a dinner are the games that started off like this. Man, they will be missed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just dropped at apartments by School....

I found 3 kar98, an slr, 2 sks, 2 6x scopes, 2 4x scopes, couple m4's, 2 level 3 vests, too many level 2 helms to count, and not to even mention the meds...Will take more rounds to see if i just got lucky with the loot but right now, looks like no more fighting over the better guns lol

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OldManBoom said:

Or you could just loot properly and not intentionally roll with bad gear. I never had an issue of being "stuck with an UMP" on Erangel. Of course if you absolutely insist dropping Zharki or looting random houses that's your problem, not the games. Now you're not at a disadvantage.

2 hours ago, BigSwig said:

New circles are so bad. 

its bascially vikendi. 

There were no circle changes. At least not intended ones.

2 hours ago, Zetti said:

Second this all the way, just did three solo games. it takes ONE compound of 4-6 houses to come out fully lvl 2, a rifle (DMR/SR) and a fully kitted AR/SMG.
What is this supposed to be, Call of Duty?

as far as I'm concerned, everything was fine pre-patch 28 (loot wise).

The gameplay hasn't changed, you're just experiencing a placebo because of your perspective.

Old: Loot 15min and go survive.

New: Loot 7min and go survive.

If anything it negates bad circle RNG and you can actually expect to get loot from Zharki now without wasting half of your meds looting in the blue.

Edited by Destru

2 minutes ago, Destru said:

Or you could just loot properly and not intentionally roll with bad gear. I never had an issue of being "stuck with an UMP" on Erangel. Of course if you absolutely insist dropping Zharki or looting random houses that's your problem, not the games.

I'll be sure to press the magic "make my loot good" button next time, silly me!

Why would I want to hot drop? To me, the game is about surviving until the end and being the last one standing. I don't hot drop because I see half the map die in hot drop locations in the first 2 minutes, and that doesn't seem particularly conducive to success.

I play the game in one of the many ways that it's optional to play it. I specifically do not expect to be rewarded with mountains of loot for dropping in less busy places, and I feel like the game is more of an interesting challenge if I can't drop anywhere and have the best stuff straight away.

• Like 4

Here's an example. In the second game I landed at the building shown in the picture. My plan was to loot that building and the barns (collectively my squad refer to these as "Pochinki Barns").

Normally no-one lands here, so on solo you can, hopefully, find a rifle, at least one piece of level 2 armour (helmet or vest), and a couple of nice upgrades. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

On this occasion someone else landed here at the barns. Oh no, I think. Usually the building I landed at has rubbish loot and the barns are where the good stuff's going to be at, so previously I would have been presented with a pickle. Run to the hills and use the buildings as cover? Find what I can and try and sneak up on the guy in the barns? Hole up until he makes a play for me and hope I win? All are bad options with bad loot, but they're EXCITING, and will take tactical skill to succeed at.

On this occasion, in that one building, I found a DP-28, an AK, a Level 2 vest, a Level 1 helmet, 2 boosts, 2 grenades and some bandages.

The guy in the other building tried to rush me, and I just blew him away with my small arsenal of weapon riches. Success was had, but it wasn't exactly satisfying.

I'd rather have the challenge.

What Happened.jpg

• Like 2
  • RIP 1
  • Thanks 1

The loot is now bad, you get weapons everywhere, you get heavy armors etc.... There is nos urviving anymore. 

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

2 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

The loot is now bad, you get weapons everywhere, you get heavy armors etc.... There is nos urviving anymore. 

LOL, there is no surviving anymore????? What does that mean? Are you saying that more loot means you die? If that's the case, it means you never survived in the first place. Think about it.

• Like 2
  • RIP 1

Posted (edited)

Loot's amazing, by the way. Now I can get my old squad back on Erangel without them falling asleep.

Edited by noofy
  • Like 3
  • RIP 3