Sign in to follow this  
cherrypicker

New skins with Patch #28 are too expensive

I was very excited for these new broadcaster royale skins and planned to buy them all.

Well, at least with the old pricings in mind, like 1 Item = 4.99$ and 1 crate = 9.99$. Or remember the second shroud crate with a jacket, gloves, a bandana and M16 skin for 14 bucks (IIRC). That was was really fair, but the current prices are just a bad joke. You know very well how long some people waited for these (especially choco's) and what did you do? You demand now almost 10 bucks for 1 single Weaponskin/Jacket/Parachute. Even the Esport Jacket's are listed for 9.99$ in the store, probably as a attempt to normalize this nonsense.

This is ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourselves, since this leaves even the streamers in a somewhat bad light.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes the greed is astonishing,, 350 million profit last year and they still want to gouge the player base. Amazing to say the least.

• Like 1

you know how capitalism works dont you?
if the overall profit with the 10$ skins is less than it was with the 5$ skins, they will return to the old prices .. if not they might raise the prices even more

• Like 2

Ca...Cap...what?

Let's see if they back paddle (hopefully) or if they just keep going. The price change is such a d***move, even choco himself said that the skins are overall too expensive.

No one cares what the streamers think. They are mostly irrelevant. If it costs too much for you, don't buy them. It's that simple. Whining that you can't afford a skin in a video game is just plain stupid.

• Like 1
  • RIP 1

4 minutes ago, umpem said:

No one cares what the streamers think. They are mostly irrelevant. If it costs too much for you, don't buy them. It's that simple. Whining that you can't afford a skin in a video game is just plain stupid.

Sigh people like you are a complete joke. It's not about not being able to afford something. 

• Like 2
  • RIP 2

4 minutes ago, Revolver_Ocelot said:

Sigh people like you are a complete joke. It's not about not being able to afford something. 

no but its about money which is basically the same thing. im sure 99.99% of people who  bought any skin in the game can buy the skins at these prices also, they just dont want to. if pubg makes more money at these prices, then these prices will stay. if not they they may or may not drop back again depending on how big the difference is

There's a practical solution: Just don't buy it. If the sales drop, they'll drop the prices next time.
I agree. It is a bit too much. Even $5 is debatable, since it's not like this is a 20 million players game. But it's a pill you can swallow. $10 is a stretch.

They can find a middle ground here, offer regular and "premium" skins. Ya know? They can make a pallet of price range. 

There's no way in hell I'm paying $10 for a gun skin. 

I would maybe pay $5.00 if it was someone like Wacky Jacky's skin, just to support him as I've enjoyed his content for the past couple of years. But they are way over priced at $10.00. My credit card is staying firmly in my wallet. 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, GimpUnknown said:

I would maybe pay $5.00 if it was someone like Wacky Jacky's skin, just to support him as I've enjoyed his content for the past couple of years. But they are way over priced at $10.00. My credit card is staying firmly in my wallet. 

Whilst I agree with you in principal, you need to rethink what you just said 

57 minutes ago, GimpUnknown said:

I would maybe pay $5.00 if it was someone like Wacky Jacky's skin, just to support him as I've enjoyed his content for the past couple of years. 

So you have enjoyed his content for a couple of years now ..  and want to show support, but just not 10 bucks worth of support, only 5 bucks and only if its a skin you like ? 

I agree I wanted to show support for Choco Taco ( not tha tI really watch a lot fo streams but I have watched a fair few of his youtube videos and he certainly deserves a rewards from pubg more than shroud )   He had 3 sins, shoes I wouldn't wear, a parachute and the beryl …  not a big fan of the designs tbh either  and the beryl isn't my fave weapon.  BUT to give him support I got his beryl, I might get the chute too ( I Just didn't have enough in my steam wallet and didn't want to add more funds right this moment ) not because I need the skins or even want them so much, but for the same reason I got the season pass, to give support to someone I think deserves it based on work they have done that I have benefitted from. 

like if they had 4 or 5 weapon skins for choco at 5 bucks each I would have been very tempted to get them all and spend like 30 dollars.

it would be interesting to see the cuts .. I would assume that fairness dictates that once steam take their 30$  that half goes to pubg and half to the content creator.   in which case it could be life changing money,  But not everything is fair.

btw WackyJacky does had a VSS skin in this patch so if you want to show him the support you claim to then you really can.

Edited by DeadlyEggXoP

The thing is how much of the $10 goes to Wacky Jacky? I would rather just donate him $5 via his twitch stream, than pay $10 for a skin. 

6 minutes ago, GimpUnknown said:

The thing is how much of the $10 goes to Wacky Jacky? I would rather just donate him $5 via his twitch stream, than pay $10 for a skin. 

Well that's fine you can do that just as easily.

And yes I don't know how much they get, as I said above it seems like it would be fair to let them have half after steams cut, but do they get half ? 

Posted (edited)

i w8 for choco skin for ever now and when i seen the prices i was wtf 23 euros for 3 crappy skins.... sorry choco im not gonna pay 23 euros for those... if they gonna do a bundle for like 10-12 euros  im gonna buy them if not better luck next time choco

Edited by Al3x3i