Tolosan

So, it is time to change your plans regarding your schedule

In my opinion, as a regular PUBG player, I feel like anticheat should be priority no.1 since 1.0 release. And I feel like it is not the case at all.

This is the main reason PUBG is losing (western) players imo.

So maybe it would be time for PUBG team to focus on anticheat ONLY, since it is literally killing the game harder since the last 6 months.

- > Make two different pools :  Pool 1. New accounts that are 2 weeks old or less. (higher probability of being cheaters that just got banned and rebought the game,

may be able to cut the cheaters from the source).

Pool 2. Old accounts (2+weeks and more), that have lower probability of using cheats. Players are moved here from pool1 after 2 weeks of legit behavior.

-> Finally add a form of region lock, like before 1.0, but without letting the choice of the server (you are placed automatically in the right region). Bypassing it should be an automatic ban for VPN abusers. : would fix ping abusers in the same time.

I know this won't fix the problem entirely, but these two actions may reduce it drastically. Anyway, PUBG team, you have to act FAST and EFFICIENTLY angainst the cheating issue. I never saw such a high precentage of cheaters in an online game. This is unacceptable in my opinion.

Please do something, in the next 2 monthes, not in the next 6 monthes....

Combine it with whatever you want : ID bans, hardware bans etc... Every legit player is sick of the game state right now. Pubg is ruled by cheaters now. Please do something guys !

• Like 3
  • RIP 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Friendly Respect said:

Just an FYI but western players make up the minor percentage of the player base. 

Why fix something seen as a problem by a minority ?

Whats with the ignorant response? No need to be like that.

Edited by Neravine

That's a little off the cuff.

Allow me to explain the meaning of Ignorance :

The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed

My response is both educated and informed. Now you are too.

Thing is, with every new 'lock', new 'keys' will appear. That is the way things have been in MP games for some time. But PUBG has indeed made strides in catching cheaters, esp those that are reported. 

Refreshing to see a thought-out proposal to fix the problem rather than just ranting.   If only more of the threads here were so productive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Captain Hofuk said:

Refreshing to see a thought-out proposal to fix the problem rather than just ranting.   If only more of the threads here were so productive.

Except it wasn't thought-out at all.

The pool idea is a non starter. Not enough players to run a single pool as it is, you think there are a hundred thousand accounts worldwide to support a "newbie" pool? They'd never be able to start a game.

BlueHole will never do anything negative to VPN users. Ever. That is their bread and butter. The vast majority of players worldwide use VPN to connect (I.e. China. They do not have a server *in* China, so they have to VPN to SEA and AS to play.)

So long story short, nether suggestion is even viable, let alone 'thought-out".

Let's just leave the VPN out of it already. I use one just to play when I can. The times I get to play are when my region is at the lowest. It's near impossible to get a game. Using a VPN let's me play the game. My VPN hurts nothing and no one.

24 minutes ago, Avohei said:

Let's just leave the VPN out of it already. I use one just to play when I can. The times I get to play are when my region is at the lowest. It's near impossible to get a game. Using a VPN let's me play the game. My VPN hurts nothing and no one.

You are incorrect. UNLESS your ping is around 100 or less. Otherwise, if it's higher, you're the cause of desync.

• Like 2

Just now, umpem said:

You are incorrect. UNLESS your ping is around 100 or less. Otherwise, if it's higher, you're the cause of desync.

People without a VPN are getting sent to other regions where their ping is over 200. Want to ban them too? 120ping through a VPN is perfectly playable for everyone.

Just now, Avohei said:

People without a VPN are getting sent to other regions where their ping is over 200. Want to ban them too? 120ping through a VPN is perfectly playable for everyone.

Servers should be capped at around 150. Anything past that is OOR in 99% of the cases and needs the boot.

High ping causes desync. PUBG should be doing anything they can to mitigate that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Friendly Respect said:

Why fix something seen as a problem by a minority ?

Because they are most vocal about the game and they usually make or brake a game. Judging from PUBG's past, that's exactly why we lost 2 million players. Western streamers left, remember? And with them a lot of people followed. And when BR games flooded the market that was it. PUBG just didn't do enough to hold on to its players.

OP has a point.
Imagine you buy a headset. Cheap, sounds bad, but works. And then you buy expensive one but cables keep crapping out so it works but sometimes. Guess which one you're going to use. Same goes for this game. It's a good game, when it actually works. Most of the time it's a pain.

Edited by Boodgemeister

2 hours ago, umpem said:

2 hours ago, umpem said:

Servers should be capped at around 150. Anything past that is OOR in 99% of the cases and needs the boot.

High ping causes desync. PUBG should be doing anything they can to mitigate that.

Great! Then we agree that my 120ping with a VPN is perfectly fine with you suggesting a 150cap. Totally agree on the 150cap as well.

I think @takarii has a post explaining the ping matching system. I'm not quoting but it was, I think along the lines of the the ping matching system is supposed to keep people with the closest pings in the same matches together. Would have to find that post.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Avohei said:

I think @takarii has a post explaining the ping matching system. I'm not quoting but it was, I think along the lines of the the ping matching system is supposed to keep people with the closest pings in the same matches together. Would have to find that post.

MM uses Ping Prioritization as much as possible. When filling a server it will load by lowest ping first. This does not exclude high pings from being loaded on the server with low pings. It's all the a matter of who's queuing and when. The majority of the time, for most regions, a server is filled with a large variety of pings. Lows and Highs.

NA matches mainly consist of players from SA, Canada, Mexico and west coast which are all pushed to Virginia. That's an average min of 80ms which is a stark difference to the average East coasters ping...5ms-30ms.

Edited by Rev0verDrive

just got killed in squads on EU FPP through walls by a full chinese team named huyatv24768300 and xiangiong.

nice to see we can still play with chinese hackers that have an average ping of 400 on the EU servers.

playing this game since early access and they have done nothing in 2 years to get rid of the chinese hackers.

hearing these promises from the devs that they are working on it for 2 years now, i dont believe it anymore.

• Like 3

A couple of weeks ago the cheating situation was a disaster, no argument here. I was reporting 2-3 players every few hours of game play. That being said, the past week or so has been much better from my perspective. I've reported a total of 2 players in the past four days (and I played a lot over the Easter break).  One of those players got banned 2 hours after I reported him. 

Cheaters will always be there. The game sucks when cheaters are rampant, but during periods when the cheating seems to be mostly under control, like this past week, there's a lot of fun to be had. 

I appreciate the desire to eradicate cheats, they are annoying and should be burned at the stake.

However your idea of splitting the player pool is only going to make things worse.  I know plenty of players that quit because they never got a local game, which makes it even worse for others in that region and the problem compounds.

PUBG do a lot against cheats probably more than any other game before it, and yes some still get through,  and yes they cheat you out of wins here and there.  And anti cheat is one of their biggest priorities,  but they need money to keep up the work and so luckily they have a team of artists who know about as much as you do about anti cheat and therefore they work on skins and such that can help to bring in revenue for the anti cheat team.  Its a balance hence anyone and everyone can have the opinion that the balance is too far one way and not far enough the other.

• Like 1

Just now, DeadlyEggXoP said:

I appreciate the desire to eradicate cheats, they are annoying and should be burned at the stake.

However your idea of splitting the player pool is only going to make things worse.  I know plenty of players that quit because they never got a local game, which makes it even worse for others in that region and the problem compounds.

PUBG do a lot against cheats probably more than any other game before it, and yes some still get through,  and yes they cheat you out of wins here and there.  And anti cheat is one of their biggest priorities,  but they need money to keep up the work and so luckily they have a team of artists who know about as much as you do about anti cheat and therefore they work on skins and such that can help to bring in revenue for the anti cheat team.  Its a balance hence anyone and everyone can have the opinion that the balance is too far one way and not far enough the other.

That's an awesome way of thinking about it

4 hours ago, won slow truck said:

anti cheat is reactive.

Some people still don't understand that

Even though it's been written out for them many times too.

19 hours ago, Avohei said:

Great! Then we agree that my 120ping with a VPN is perfectly fine with you suggesting a 150cap. Totally agree on the 150cap as well.

Absolutely. And you are correct if memory serves. Though as the population continues to dwindle, there will be less and less of that, if we aren't already there.