Sign in to follow this  
Rubble68

Ping / Lag

My ping rises consistently through each game. Close quarter combat is nearly impossible due to everything feeling like slow motion....except the other player is at full speed. Anyone else?

15 minutes ago, Rubble68 said:

My ping rises consistently through each game. Close quarter combat is nearly impossible due to everything feeling like slow motion....except the other player is at full speed. Anyone else?

How are you seeing your ping while in-game? Or are you on PC and you post this in the wrong section by mistake? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

How are you seeing your ping while in-game? Or are you on PC and you post this in the wrong section by mistake? 

Not on PC. Start of matches it says high ping on my start screen, but when I test my Xbox connection it says 24ms before I start a game. That statement goes away before I cue up and then I get a red triangle above my mini map while playing...Directly after the game I test with my Xbox again and it’s well over 200 or even higher. 

2 minutes ago, therealkyle0g said:

I'd wager it has something to do with this game being terrible and Bluehole not caring about console, at all. The servers never, ever get any kind of maintenance, the FPS drops since the last update are horrendous (X with SSD and hardwired GOOD internet here). It's overall just turning into a huge joke.

X, wired, SSD, open Nat here also. 

46 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

Also use my phone and pubgserverping.com to track NA server while in game. 

6 hours ago, therealkyle0g said:

yeah dude, definitely not on your side. it's just the game being a piece of garbage. some servers feel good and my shots actually work, other servers feel completely awful where i know damn well i hit 6-7 shots and his health is 70%+ lol

There's only one server for each region.

6 hours ago, Rubble68 said:

Also use my phone and pubgserverping.com to track NA server while in game. 

That's tracking PC servers

9 hours ago, Rubble68 said:

Not on PC. Start of matches it says high ping on my start screen, but when I test my Xbox connection it says 24ms before I start a game. That statement goes away before I cue up and then I get a red triangle above my mini map while playing...Directly after the game I test with my Xbox again and it’s well over 200 or even higher. 

I wouldn't go by the latency in the Xbox settings. When I test that in the Xbox settings, it says my latency is usually 38 to 40ms. But in gears of war and BFV, it shows me being 4ms. 

10 hours ago, Rubble68 said:

I think you're talking about frame rate? Ping won't make your frames slow down in close quarters to make it feel like "slow motion". 

• Like 1