Grigato

Headset Settings Recommendations and Opinions!

Em 21/04/2019 at 20:57, Grigato disse:

I know this question is subjective and opinion based but was looking for the best possible answer for the best experience.

Just bought myself some Astro A50s Wireless and was wondering if I should use Dolby Atmos with Dolby Surround button on wireless mixamp on or off? Or should I use Stereo Uncompressed with Dolby Surround button on wireless mixamp on or off? Or what are your personal settings preference you use and would recommend to help me get the best sound/hearing possible? Any help and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PLANTRONICS RIG 800LX.

On 4/23/2019 at 3:02 AM, VinnieB said:

For a good headset, you want a broad range in frequency response. The headset I'm using, GSP 600 have a frequency response range of 10-30,000 Hz. 

I am thinking about trying these out with my TB mixamp....

https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-pro

These are 10-40,000 Hz.

That headset comes with it's own dac.

Looking for a great headset for pubg. Looking for something 150 or below but will definitely help with hearing things needed footsteps,gunfire direction,gun reloads, etc. Was looking at the PLANTRONICS RIG 800LX above but looking into reviews many complained of failure after a years time. Also the Logitech G533 looks better but does not seem to want to work with the xbox one and lastly the Astro a10s for xbox specifically . Wireless isn't a must but would be nice i'm more for the sound quality also any other recommendations i'm open to. Thanks to all who read this and take the time to reply and with that I hope a chicken dinner for all and to all a good night.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, oof46 said:

Not really, it comes with a game/chat mixer. To use it with a mixamp, you simply just don't use their mixer. Mixamps have their own game/chat mixer. 

Edited by VinnieB

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, oof46 said:

7 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

Not really, it comes with a game/chat mixer. To use it with a mixamp, you simply just don't use their mixer. Mixamps have their own game/chat mixer. 

This is how you would use this headset with a mixamp, instead of plugging it into your controller, you'd plug it into your mixamp....

Arctis Pro.jpg

Edited by VinnieB

53 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

My bad. At first, I thought it was like Astros where you had to buy the headset + mixamp. Does chat matter to you? It looks like it takes some weird configuration to get chat on Xbox, but maybe it won't matter since you're using your old mixamp.

24 minutes ago, oof46 said:

My bad. At first, I thought it was like Astros where you had to buy the headset + mixamp. Does chat matter to you? It looks like it takes some weird configuration to get chat on Xbox, but maybe it won't matter since you're using your old mixamp.

Yeah, chat matters to me. You need to communicate in a team base game lol. With the mixamp I'm using, I just need to plug my controller into the mixamp to get chat to work since chat isn't supported via USB, no big deal. With Astro's mixamp, chat is supported via USB so there's no need to use a 3.5mm cable from your controller to get chat to work.

IMG_20190411_192911.jpg

8 hours ago, VinnieB said:

Yeah, chat matters to me. You need to communicate in a team base game lol. With the mixamp I'm using, I just need to plug my controller into the mixamp to get chat to work since chat isn't supported via USB, no big deal. With Astro's mixamp, chat is supported via USB so there's no need to use a 3.5mm cable from your controller to get chat to work.

IMG_20190411_192911.jpg

I think you're already in a good place with your GSPs, but let us know your impressions if you upgrade.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oof46 said:

I supported these on indiegogo and am anxiously waiting for them to be shipped out. I went "all out" in this case, because of the pedigree of the people making it and also what early testers said about it. Basically, it's a better, cleaner sounding Fidelio X2.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vokyl-erupt-gaming-headphones-with-nc-boom-mic#/faq

Am I missing something or do they not list the frequency range?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, VinnieB said:

Am I missing something or do they not list the frequency range?

When they sent out test units for feedback for tuning, the graphs they shared showed 10 hz - 20,000 hz. But, that was in September 2018. They always stated it was preliminary and they weren't done tuning. As soon as I can get an answer on the final specs, I'll let you know.

Oh, and this was the review that sold me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJRs-dMPi4Y

Edited by oof46

Just an update as I have just bought the new Steelseries Arctis 9x. I highly recommend them. I can hear footsteps much better with these even just in the flat eq setting. They are wireless and connect the same as the controller. 

I have also tried the Turtle beach elite pros, Astro a50’s as well as Sennheiser gsp500’s. 

Arctis 9x have the best sound and Mic

my second favourite the gsp500’s  have great sound and a great sensitive mic but open back means sound bleeds from ear cups so my teammates could actually hear my game through my mic! Weird and annoying for them. 

A50’s are good for sound and being wireless but the mic is awful according to friends. 

Then the Elite Pro’s are my least favourite as very quiet plugged into controller and the earcups make like a vacuum over my ears and no mic monitoring so I can’t hear own voice. 

So just my experience and opinions that might clear up the minefield of headsets a little more for the next person. 

2 hours ago, Sggarnham said:

Just an update as I have just bought the new Steelseries Arctis 9x. I highly recommend them. I can hear footsteps much better with these even just in the flat eq setting. They are wireless and connect the same as the controller. 

I have also tried the Turtle beach elite pros, Astro a50’s as well as Sennheiser gsp500’s. 

my second favourite the gsp500’s  have great sound and a great sensitive mic but open back means sound bleeds from ear cups so my teammates could actually hear my game through my mic! Weird and annoying for them. 

A50’s are good for sound and being wireless but the mic is awful according to friends. 

Then the Elite Pro’s are my least favourite as very quiet plugged into controller and the earcups make like a vacuum over my ears and no mic monitoring so I can’t hear own voice. 

So just my experience and opinions that might clear up the minefield of headsets a little more for the next person. 

I was honestly just looking at the x9's and was gonna ask here how good they work ty lol

On 4/23/2019 at 2:02 PM, VinnieB said:

For a good headset, you want a broad range in frequency response. The headset I'm using, GSP 600 have a frequency response range of 10-30,000 Hz.

Mine are 5Hz - 40MHz.

I don't know much (anything really) about audio stuff but I assume that's pretty good.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:10 PM, oof46 said:

Basically, it's a better, cleaner sounding Fidelio X2.

If they achieve that then they're going to be pretty awesome headphones.

On 4/22/2019 at 10:44 PM, ONE800BEATDOWN said:

It sounded as if i was sitting in a big metal barrel.

Astro released a firmware update a couple of days ago, you might find it resolves this problem for you.

I didn't have the metal echo myself but I heard about it being a problem for quite a lot of people.

@PUBG_Andymh5 as above - I think I remember you saying you had the metallic echo/reverb too.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

Mine are 5Hz - 40MHz.

I don't know much (anything really) about audio stuff but I assume that's pretty good.

If they achieve that then they're going to be pretty awesome headphones.

I watched Zeo's review on youtube. As soon as he said those words, I bought a pair off of their indiegogo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ColonicBoom said:

Astro released a firmware update a couple of days ago, you might find it resolves this problem for you.

I didn't have the metal echo myself but I heard about it being a problem for quite a lot of people.

@PUBG_Andymh5 as above - I think I remember you saying you had the metallic echo/reverb too.

MIXAMP PRO GEN 1 (2011-2012)

Release date2/14/13

Version3374
Release NotesFixed bug that caused some MixAmps to lose audio after updating to version 3356.

This is the most recent Firmware for my Mixamp unfortunately

Posted (edited)

if pubgcorp stops changing the sounds, sometimes its ok. New patch, footstep sounds are much lower... its so annoying. 

Edited by VitamineC
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ONE800BEATDOWN said:

MIXAMP PRO GEN 1 (2011-2012)

Release date2/14/13

Version3374
Release NotesFixed bug that caused some MixAmps to lose audio after updating to version 3356.

This is the most recent Firmware for my Mixamp unfortunately

Bummer.

Do keep checking though, I only got my update a few days ago but my friend got one a week before I did.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Sggarnham said:

Just wondering, but how are you connecting your GSP500's? Mixamp or to your controller? With the TB Pro TAC, you adjust how sensitive your mic is, this could solve your issue with your team hearing the game. Also, if you are connecting it through your controller it's kind of an unfair comparison since the Arctis 9x is using their own DSP and an internal amp.   

Edited by VinnieB

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

You mean the guy that you killed second right? I could hear him picking things up too.

No way should you have been able to hear that first enemy that you killed across the water.

I heard him also but no I'm talking about the first guy I killed, I barley heard him but I did. The sound you hear from your computer or phone or whatever else it is you're using to watch that clip, will not be what it sounds like for me. 

Edited by VinnieB

9 minutes ago, VinnieB said:

I heard him also but no I'm talking about the first guy I killed, I barley heard him but I did. The sound you hear from your computer or phone or whatever else it is you're using to watch that clip, will not be what it sounds like for me. 

That's true, I'm on my laptop.

I meant that the further enemy shouldn't have been generating sounds for you to be able to hear at that distance.

At that distance, you could hear someone at full sprint (so you might have heard him running up to the structure or across it) but normal walking footstep sounds aren't audible at that distance for anyone (based on WackyJackys video showing audible distances).

26 minutes ago, ColonicBoom said:

That's true, I'm on my laptop.

I meant that the further enemy shouldn't have been generating sounds for you to be able to hear at that distance.

At that distance, you could hear someone at full sprint (so you might have heard him running up to the structure or across it) but normal walking footstep sounds aren't audible at that distance for anyone (based on WackyJackys video showing audible distances).

With Superhuman hearing, it's designed to lower loud sound that you'd normally hear and amplify quite sound that you wouldn't normally hear. In this case, it took his sound and made it just loud enough for me to hear. 

• Like 1