Pick Six

Ever wonder why the X needs an SSD now?

I bought a one s in Feb 2018 to play pubg , it ran ok on that using passport 2 tb hdd drive  . I upgraded to a one x in August 2018 using a passport x 2tb Hdd. Huge improvement graphics and the way the game ran, buildings rendered as far as I could see while in plane . Now fast forward to present day . I stopped playing the game completely for about a month before last update because it was almost unplayable. Purchased Samsung t5 SSD at time of last update . Can honestly say it is running better for me now then it has been since I first got my one x . Everyone else I squad with has serious loading problems as of late . They all play on OGs or one s . 

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 2:57 PM, VinnieB said:

Not true, there was a time back in preview where the X rendered/loaded weapons in before you landed. 

I agree I play on the X my neighbour next door to me plays on the OG. Same internet provider as me. He loads into every game before me. Since they tweaked it in preview.

I just ordered an ssd but did not need one in preview weapons were there from 20 feet above the ground now its 20 seconds after I land ? Pupg has a bright future mabey not in this generation of consoles do.

I would love to find some PTS #1 Miramar hot drop hacienda and pecado clips. To show how good it was and how until necessary an SSD was back then. The problem X users have now is entirely created by PUBG developers. 

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:41 AM, Firstinlastout44 said:

I bought a one s in Feb 2018 to play pubg , it ran ok on that using passport 2 tb hdd drive  . I upgraded to a one x in August 2018 using a passport x 2tb Hdd. Huge improvement graphics and the way the game ran, buildings rendered as far as I could see while in plane . Now fast forward to present day . I stopped playing the game completely for about a month before last update because it was almost unplayable. Purchased Samsung t5 SSD at time of last update . Can honestly say it is running better for me now then it has been since I first got my one x . Everyone else I squad with has serious loading problems as of late . They all play on OGs or one s . 

The HDD's are slower than the SSD's so the gain would be much easier to see. I went from an OG to an X with a T5 SSD and everything is rendered by the time my feet touch the ground. Weapons included. I went from being the one complaining of rendering times to listening to my squad complain about rendering now. Massive improvement that I would recommend to everyone that has the money and want to do it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ASTR4L ASC3NT said:

The HDD's are slower than the SSD's so the gain would be much easier to see. I went from an OG to an X with a T5 SSD and everything is rendered by the time my feet touch the ground. Weapons included. I went from being the one complaining of rendering times to listening to my squad complain about rendering now. Massive improvement that I would recommend to everyone that has the money and want to do it.

Correct  Everyone knows this is the situation now.  Did you own an X before Miramar showed up on the test server?  Before this date the SSD did very little to help rendering because it was already good with HDD.  After multiple rendering patches to help out OG users. Rendering is awful on the X without an SSD and seems to get worse after every fix. 

2 minutes ago, Pick Six said:

Correct  Everyone knows this is the situation now.  Did you own an X before Miramar showed up on the test server?  Before this date the SSD did very little to help rendering because it was already good with HDD.  After multiple rendering patches to help out OG users. Rendering is awful on the X without an SSD and seems to get worse after every fix. 

No, I only bought it recently after the release of Vikendi. There was a time long ago that even the OG wasn't all that bad in terms of rendering. I wouldn't know how much an SSD helped before all this I only know what it does now. I've seen multiple videos of the 1X without an SSD and also play with a few guys that have that setup and it seems to take between 3-30 seconds to render in for them. I would say an SSD at this point is necessary to keep a level playing field

Well there are 3 USB ports plus an internal connector. I suppose you could plug in several ssds into a USB multi port.

22 minutes ago, Nightscope74 said:

Well there are 3 USB ports plus an internal connector. I suppose you could plug in several ssds into a USB multi port.

Nice 1 mate. I already have a 250gb Samsung T5 but I don’t wanna store any other game on it cos I read somewhere that I should only install PUBG on it. Not sure why though. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Farls-1998 said:

Nice 1 mate. I already have a 250gb Samsung T5 but I don’t wanna store any other game on it cos I read somewhere that I should only install PUBG on it. Not sure why though. 

I put all my games on one SSD.  That is why I run 1tb

Edited by Pick Six

Posted (edited)

Ive complained about this forever and was probly the first to say that xb1x needs its own optimized build separate of the og. But so many people went up one side of me and down the other because i felt entitled to a better playing experience due to buying a one X. Honestly i paid extra money to have a better experience, whats wrong with that?

To me it doesnt make any sense, and by this logic im going to go to walmart, drop $300 on a desktop pc which meets the absolute minimum requirements for pubg, then when i can only play at 30fps im going to flood the pc forums crying that shroud and choco and the doc shouldnt get a better experience and whine until they cap frames and rendering for everyone else so its fair for me.

Edited by Dinnerforone
  • Like 2

I wish I could understand it as well BFV has tanks planes all sort of stuff going on but no lagging no rendering issues and runs great just not a big fan of FP 

8 hours ago, Farls-1998 said:

When SSD's start to get full, their performance degrades a little bit. You could easily store more games on the 250GB T5 without reaching that point but I would suggest prioritizing the ones that will actually benefit being on the SSD.

• Thanks 1