Yanksjeep

Vehicles keep running after driver exits

Bug Description:
Vehicles continue to remain on and running after exiting.
All four maps including new Vikendi vehicles after Patch update 6 on Xbox one
Evidence: 
Can not capture vid. 
Replication: 
Vehicles will remain running at idle after driver exits and will stay running until either blown up or the driver returns and stands next to vehicle approximately 3 seconds. This makes it hard to hear enemies approaching you as the vehicles are pretty loud on their own. Able to replicate this in every match. 
Xbox One Version:
Xbox one S

Connection:

Wired and Wireless Both

Game Mode:

TPP Solo, and Duo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has been a problem for a long time now. I've gotten in the habit or walking up next to the vehicle and touching it so it will turn off before I walk away from it. The annoying thing is it doesn't do it for everyone. I've been in a squad of four where only two of us can hear the car running. 

Boats do this as well. Someone ditched a boat near the shore and I could hear it running for the next 10 minutes. Very annoying. 

On 4/19/2019 at 12:08 AM, Yanksjeep said:

Bug Description:
Vehicles continue to remain on and running after exiting.
All four maps including new Vikendi vehicles after Patch update 6 on Xbox one
Evidence: 
Can not capture vid. 
Replication: 
Vehicles will remain running at idle after driver exits and will stay running until either blown up or the driver returns and stands next to vehicle approximately 3 seconds. This makes it hard to hear enemies approaching you as the vehicles are pretty loud on their own. Able to replicate this in every match. 
Xbox One Version:
Xbox one S

Connection:

Wired and Wireless Both

Game Mode:

TPP Solo, and Duo

when you stop the vehicle hold the handbrake down and engine normally turns off then when you leave so you don't have that issue a vehicle running in the back ground is annoying but when you quickly jump out in the real world you'd have left the keys in the ignition and it running anyway so consider it you have to stop and turn the engine manually

7 hours ago, Tomdunn1993 said:

when you stop the vehicle hold the handbrake down and engine normally turns off then when you leave so you don't have that issue a vehicle running in the back ground is annoying but when you quickly jump out in the real world you'd have left the keys in the ignition and it running anyway so consider it you have to stop and turn the engine manually

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhoNyvf43VvCgTqFI9LBAwAmlNIw

yes, this is a consistent and longstanding bug, and its probably the single most annoying one for me. in a game where audio is a huge percentage of the game, having a bug like this seems like it would be a top priority. Id rather they remove the sound of vehicles altogether if they cant figure out a fix

Ye so annoying. especially when you go take some drink , and you stay in a house for few seconds and you keep listening this noise. makes me headache 

On 4/24/2019 at 2:45 AM, Tomdunn1993 said:

i know you can walk into it to stop it, but to stop it before leaving you hold the hand break. saves you leaving cover to walk next to it to get shot in the head if someone is watching

Nope, doesn't work I'm afraid. I always use the hand brake and come to full stop, this bug still happens. It is inconsistent though.

It is inconsistent. Out of 10 vehicles I drive yesterday 7 didn’t shut off when stopping using  the hand brake. 

I still had to either ignore it or squat beside it.

In Duos sometimes my teammate cannot year it at all even though it’s loud for me, and vice versa. 

I’ve mentioned it in chat to @Pubg_Hawkinz who said they are well aware of it.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:05 AM, MajorClagNut said:

Nope, doesn't work I'm afraid. I always use the hand brake and come to full stop, this bug still happens. It is inconsistent though.

majority of the time its worked for me, but i rarely use vehicles unless i need to drive to the other side of the map for zone or chasing a drop, as the vehicle physics in Pubg is a joke flying into the air like its a plane or stopping dead on literally nothing knocking you or taking alot of damage (rarer now but still happens occasionally). to me the Devs arent showing a great deal of interest in solving these current issues in the game as to me the game worse now than when it was in game preview state, except the movement controls when they sorted that it was a game changer but everytime the push new content ie maps custom games vehicles etc it breaks or creates so much more probmlems id be happy with no new content being added until the current state of the game is fixed.