DOGGAVELI

Pubg Xbox game file corrupt

Hi,

Two out of the last 3 days I have tried to play PUBG on Xbox One X I keep getting an error message when I try and launch the game.

I have attached a photo of what happens and there is no fix to get it to work again. I have to uninstall the game and then reinstall it which is a pain as it's a 20 GB download and my adsl is very slow.

Is anybody else encountering this error?

Kind Regards,

Dogga

IMG_2530.JPG

Is it installed on an external HDD? My guess is your HD is failing.  Try it on the internal when you download again and see if it helps

My original HDD was giving me the same issue.  After installing a new SSD I realized it was a heat issue and only needed to move the HDD further from my equipment. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DOGGAVELI said:

Hi,

Two out of the last 3 days I have tried to play PUBG on Xbox One X I keep getting an error message when I try and launch the game.

I have attached a photo of what happens and there is no fix to get it to work again. I have to uninstall the game and then reinstall it which is a pain as it's a 20 GB download and my adsl is very slow.

Is anybody else encountering this error?

Kind Regards,

Dogga

Data corruption can happen for many different reasons, some related to hardware faliures and others potentially related to the OS itself. I haven't seen anyone else reporting corrupted data issues in the last few days, so we should start with basic troubleshooting.

Could you confirm/try the following

• internal or external drive
  • HDD or SSD
  • Corruption issues happening with any other game?
  • Does the issue happen immediately after redownloading or can you play for a bit first?
  • Have you fully power cycled the console recently?
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Havnt seen that before, have you cleared game saves, or cleared the persistent storage in disk &blue ray settings before installing.

If your using external drive, hook it up to a PC and format and do a scan  to see if theres bad sectors.

Edited by Nightscope74

8 hours ago, Texas Legend said:

Is it installed on an external HDD? My guess is your HD is failing.  Try it on the internal when you download again and see if it helps

My original HDD was giving me the same issue.  After installing a new SSD I realized it was a heat issue and only needed to move the HDD further from my equipment. 

It appears to be the Xbox's internal HDD and only for Pubg all my other games work fine and this issue only started occurring after update 6. I copied the game over to my external HDD and  uninstalled from the internal xbox one. The game loaded and its actually playing better it's not an SSD either